Chapter 23

Jalil walks inside a room decorated beautifully with candles, flowers...,  A lady on the bed, who seems to look like a new bride wearing a white gown, covered with a white veil. 

Jalil smiled lifting her veil off. 

Safwa looks shy,  looking down. 

Jalil lifts her chin, Safwa slowly look into his eyes and look shocked and mutter "You?" 

Jalil smile. "I can't believe I am married to you…," 

Jalil is leaning on the wall outside the hospital, you can see he's worried, with his hand across his chest.

"Jalil… Jalil," Safwa says, snapping her fingers. 

Jalil shakes his head with his eyes closed, he open his eyes and looks at her.  "Have you given the blood?"

"Fayyad gave his blood," Safwa says. "What are you thinking about?" 

"Safwa….can I ask you something? promise to be honest with me," Jalil says. 

"I am always honest with you,"

"Did you know my brother in the past?" Jalil ask.

"Yes, in school… he was my senior,"

"Why didn't you want to meet me before our wedding?" Jalil ask.

"What do you mean?" Safwa ask. 

"When I proposed to marry you, you accepted and you don't want to meet," Jalil explain.

"Yes," 

"Why? Because it seems like you already know who you want to marry and you have no worries," Jalil add.

"I don't understand,".

"You thought you were going to marry my brother, didn't you?" Jalil ask.

"Jalil… this is not a place to talk about such kinds of things… we are in a hospital and my sister is fighting for her life on a surgery bed..."

"I want you to answer me now," Jalil demands.

"What do you want to know? if I thought it was your brother that proposed to me. Well, yes, Jalil. I thought it was Dalaj, what my parents told me was that one of the Aman brothers have a marriage proposal for me, I thought it was Dalaj because he is older than me and you are younger. I accepted and they asked me if I want to meet you, I said no because the truth is I liked Dalaj, and I was shocked it was you on our wedding night, but that happened almost six years ago, I never know that Dalaj has married Yasira, I put everything behind me and I learn to love you with all my heart," Safwa wipes the tears flowing down her eyes.

"I always ask Allah to grant me a man who will hold my hand to jannah, You are my human diary, my best friend, my other half, You mean the world to me, and Allah knows how much I love you, Jalil," Safwa add.

Jalil wraps his arms around her in a tight hug.

***

"How can a surgery take this long? I am anxious, is already dark," Safwa says, sitting on the seat.

"Some surgeries take so long," Jalil says, sitting next to her.

"The good thing is, there is a mosque…," Fayyad says. 

"Yes, you are right. Why don't you go home," Jalil says.

"I can't, Where is Dalaj?" Fayyad ask.

"I left him in the mosque," Jalil says. 

"I hope he didn't go to his crazy maniac wife, even it is her night to be with him, I won't forgive him if he goes to her," Safwa says.

Doctor Dawud walks out of the ICU. 

They walk to him.

"Alhamdulilah, the surgery was successful, she will be sent to the PACU to recover and wake up. Her vital signs will be closely observed, she will stay in the recovery room until she's fully awake and all her medical signs, like blood pressure and heart rate, are stable, after that she'll get sent to a hospital room," Dr Dawud says. 

"Alhamdulilah," Fayyad says. 

"Alhamdulilah…," Safwa says, tears flowing from her eyes, hugging Jalil.

"Alhamdulilah," Jalil says, taking his phone from his pocket. "I have to call Dalaj,"