Chapter 37

Aabirah is sitting on the hospital bed. Ayaat is feeding her. "Thank you for cooking, I hate the hospital food," Aabirah smile.

"Aabi… I have a huge favour to ask from you?" 

"Tell me," 

"Please don't leave my brother. I know Yasira told you all those lies about my brother marrying you because she is barren. He knows she is barren, but Wallah, my brother is in love with you, he loves you a lot,". 

"Who says I want a divorce from your brother, my mother has made me change my mind about it and I no longer want a divorce and I trust your brother loves me, he has shown me that he has regretted what he did to me and I love him so much, we are going to have a child," 

"And the child will be the symbol of the love between you," 

"I want my child to have his eyes," 

"Just like mine," Ayaat says.

They laugh. 

***

Dalaj is looking around the house, everywhere, in Yasira's room, the dining and living room, the Kitchen.

"Yasira… Yasira!" Dalaj calls out to her.

She walks to him. "What's it?" 

"Have you seen my car keys?" 

She keeps silent. 

"Have you seen my car keys?" He asks.

"You told me yesterday that you are not going to the flower shop or company, why do you want your car keys?" 

"I am going to the hospital, that's why I cancelled everything," 

"Aren't you supposed to be with me until tonight?  You can go to her later," 

"Yasira, give me my car keys, I need to go out," Dalaj says bit by bit.

"No, you are not going out, I am not going to let you spend my time on her, I have the right… you are not going, you are staying, I want to spend time with my husband too. You can call Ayaat, Jalil or her sister to ask about her, why don't you call her, but you are not going to her," Yasira says walking to her room.

Dalaj leans on the dining table sighing. He brought out his phone from his pocket and dial.

*

Ayaat walks out of the hospital bathroom and hears her phone ringing. Aabirah is watching a TV series on TV.

Ayaat answers her phone. "Assalamu Alaykum, brother... I should give her the phone," 

Ayaat walks to Aabriah. "My brother is on phone, he said he called your phone, but you didn't pick up," 

"My phone is on silent," Aabirah says, taking the phone, placing it on her ears.

"Assalamu Alaykum," Aabirah says.

"Wa'alaykum Salaam, How's your health?" 

"Alhamdulilah…," 

"I am sorry, I won't be able to come," 

"Is okay, I will be waiting for you tonight," 

"I wish right now I am holding you in my arms, My beloved wife, The divine gift of my life, My better half. It’s your hubby who misses you each and every moment," 

Aabriah chuckles. "I am lucky to be your wife, I miss your sweet smile, I miss your loving touch and I miss your soft voice. I miss those eyes that look into mine. I start missing you when you leave me for even a second,"

"Dalaj!" Aabriah can hear Yasira calling to him. 

"Dalaj!!!" 

"I have to go, but I will surely see you tonight, take care of yourself and the gift bestow to us," 

Aabriah rubs her stomach softly, smiling. "I will… I can't wait to see you tonight," 

"Dalaj!" Aabirah hears Yasira's voice closer. 

"What's it?!" Dalaj asks, piss off, cutting the call.

"Ayaat!" Aabirah calls out to Ayaat, the door opens and Ayaat walks in.

"I thought why not give you some alone time with my brother… I am sure is Yasira who won't let him come yesterday and today," 

"Is okay, he suppose to be with her, but he said that he is coming to see me tonight," Aabirah says.

"I never was close to Yasira. There is something in her that I don't like, I even ask what did my brother sees in her to love her and marry her. Yuck!" 

"Can I ask something?" Aabriah ask.

"Go ahead," 

"Is it true that your father may his soul rest in peace, forbade Dalaj to marry Yasira, he still went ahead and marry her?" 

Ayaat nod. "I was 13, I don't know how they got married, but our father was very angry, he almost disown Dalaj, but our mother calm him down and you know Dalaj is our father's favourite, he eventually forgave him. But I am sure, if father was still alive, he will be very happy to know that Dalaj got married to you,"

Aabirah looks down, but smile at Ayaat.

***

Yasira hand Dalaj's his car keys in her room. 

Dalaj turns back about to walk out, Yasira hugs him tightly, standing behind him. 

"I don't want you to go," Yasira says, tears flowing from her eyes. "Stay with me one night," 

Dalaj takes her hands off from him, walking out without glancing at her.

Yasira leans her back on the wardrobe, tears flowing down her eyes, she falls to the floor.

***

Dalaj arrives at the hospital and sees Ayaat in front of Aabirah's room pacing, tears flowing from her eyes.

"What's wrong?" Dalaj ask.

Ayaat hugs Dalaj tightly, crying. 

Safwa walks out of the room, tears flowing from her eyes. "I am sorry…," 

Dalaj walks inside and looks at the bed, he looks shock with grief.

😭😭😭😭

I have done it... three chapters.  See you soon. What happened at the end of the chapter? Let's meet in the next chapter.