Chapter 19

The Next Day

"I have tried all my best to throw her out of the house, she won't leave," Yasira says on sitting on the bed, with a phone in her ear.

"Why don't you lure him to you, you know how men are, there are weak on their knees when it comes to it, after all, you are the first wife, his first love, the first woman he has been with, you can never forget your first, you have been with him for eight years, you can't let her take your place in his life," Sibaal, Yasira sister says from the other line.  "You know how to seduce him. Don't tell me you have forgotten all the tricks?"

"I haven't forgotten about it. What about my smoking, I have repalse," Yasira says.

"If you love him then you have to stop, be careful he can easily throw you out of his life, you will be like a living ghost. You know I can't give you any advice except seduction when it comes to men because that's the only thing I am good at, but you are smart, think about it," Sibaal says. 

"I will do anything for Dalaj to be mine alone… and you can't imagine what I did today, Aabirah will be in lots of trouble,"

"What did you do?" Sibaal ask.

"Let the action begin… 3… 2… 1," 

***

Aabirah is in the dining room, sitting next to Dalaj, staring at him, with a cute smile, eating breakfast. 

Dalaj chokes and starts to cough, he stands up and rushes to the bedroom, and enter the bathroom and start vomiting. 

Aabirah walk inside the bathroom, holding his arm, worried cloud her features.

*

They walk out of the bathroom, she helps him lie on the bed.

" I have to call Dr Dawud…," Aabirah says, picking her phone on the bedside table.

Yasira walks inside the room, worry clouding her features. "What's happening? My love... Ya Allah... What's happening?"  Yasira squat near the bed and hold his hand, rubbing it. "It will be fine,"

"Shukrahn..." Aabirah cut the call, she walks and sits on the bed. Dalaj pulls his hands from Yasira's hold and holds Aabirah's hand.

Aabirah put her hand on Dalaj's stomach, tears flowing from her eyes, she recites "Allahuma rabbi-nas adhhabal ba'sa, ashfi wa entashafi, la shifa' illa shifa'uka shifa' la yughadiru saqama…. Allahumma adhibil ba’sa Rabb an-naas Ishfi antash-shaafii la shifa’aa illa shifa-uka shifa-an la yughadiru saqaman….," 

It is recommended to touch the area of pain with the right hand while reciting this supplication: 

اللَّهُمَّ ربَّ النَّاسِ ، أَذْهِب الْبَأسَ ، واشْفِ ، أَنْتَ الشَّافي لا شِفَاءَ إِلاَّ شِفَاؤُكَ ، شِفاءً لا يُغَادِرُ سقَماً

Allahuma rabbi-nas adhhabal ba'sa, ashfi wa entashafi, la shifa' illa shifa'uka shifa' la yughadiru saqama.

 Oh Allah! The Sustainer of Mankind! Remove the illness, cure the disease. You are the One Who cures.

It is narrated that A’isha (peace and blessings be upon her) said that when anyone among them had an illness, the Prophet (ﷺ) used to rub the area of the pain and recite the following du’a:

أَذْهِبِ الْبَأْسَ رَبَّ النَّاسِ وَاشْفِ أَنْتَ الشَّافِي لَا شِفَاءَ إِلَّا شِفَاؤُكَ شِفَاءٌ لَا يُغَادِرُ سَقَمَاً

Allahumma adhibil ba’sa Rabb an-naas Ishfi antash-shaafii la shifa’aa illa shifa-uka shifa-an la yughadiru saqaman.

O Allah take away the hardship, O Lord of mankind, give shifa, You are the One who cures, there is no cure except Your shifa, a cure that will not leave any sickness.

***

The doctor walks out of the room, Yasira and Aabirah are waiting outside patiently. 

"How is he?" Aabriah asks, her face clouded with fear and worry.

"Alhamdulilah... He is fine… he was poisoned, Alhamudilah he vomited out the poison out of his system, I have prescript some medicines for him it is on the bedside table, and I have given him an injection let him rest for a while,"

"Thank you, Ma-salaam," Aabirah says.

The doctor nods and walks away. "Ma-salaam, May Allah grants him shifa,"

"Amin," Aabirah replies.

"How did he get poisoned?" Aabirah mumble.

"You poisoned him. I poisoned him, I want him to think you try to kill him and he will divorce you," 

Aabirah slaps her hard on the face.

Aabriah walks away. 

***

Aabriah is sitting on the bed, with Dalaj still sleeping, his feet on her lap, massaging them. Dalaj eyes open slowly.

Aabirah smile. "You have finally woken up?"

Dalaj nods and sits up.

"Be careful,"

Dalaj pat the space beside him, Aabirah sits next to him, he tilts his head pecking her lips. "I'm hungry," Dalaj says.

They laugh.