chapter fourteen

"ᴀʟʟ ᴘʀᴀɪsᴇ ɪs ғᴏʀ ᴀʟʟᴀʜ ᴡʜᴏ ɢᴀᴠᴇ ᴜs ʟɪғᴇ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ʜᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴛᴀᴋᴇɴ ɪᴛ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴜs ᴀɴᴅ ᴜɴᴛᴏ ʜɪᴍ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇsᴜʀʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ"

Aabirah is making her bed, Dalaj walks in with a bucket in his hand.

Dalaj ask. "Do you have hot water? I am late," 

"I don't have hot water, but I won't mind boiling water on the stove, but why don't you ask Yasira, I don't want her to make a mountain out of a molehill,"

"Yasira is still sleeping, I don't think she will mind either," 

Aabirah nods. "Okay," she walks to him collecting the bucket.

"Thank you, May Allah bless you,"

Aabirah walks out of the room. Dalaj stares at her walking out.

Aabirah walks inside the kitchen fetch some water from the tap and keep the pot on the gas and turn it on. 

She is standing waiting, Yasira walks in.

"What are you doing?" Yasira ask.

"I am boiling some water for Dalaj, he is in a hurry,"

Yasira looks at her in surprise. "What? Are you taking my right as his wife, he is with me and it is my right to do things for him when he is with me, have I ever interfere when he is with you?"

"He is going to be late,  that's why,"

Yasira walks to Aabirah. "Dalaj is not going to use this water," Yasira open the lid keeping it aside, and take the pot splashing the water to Aabirah's face.

***

Dalaj is sitting outside in the reception area of the hospital, worries cloud his features.  Safwa and Jalil walk to him.

Dalaj stands up looking at them.

"How is she?" Safwa ask.

"She is with the doctor,"

"What happened?" Jalil ask.

"I am going to kill Yasira if anything happened to my sister, she is going to pay for everything," Safwa says.

"Calm down," Jalil says to Safwa, placing his hand on her shoulder.

The doctor walks to them. 

"How's my wife?" Dalaj ask.

"Alhamdulilah… she is out of danger, what you did help her, she just has some burn scars on her face and neck, but the scars will fade with time… she is going to stay in the hospital and be discharged tomorrow, I will prescript some drugs for the burn and her eyes," The doctor explained.

"Can we be able to see her?" Safwa ask.

"Of course… follow me, because of the pain we inject an anesthetic and she is sleeping, so please be careful not to wake her up," The doctor says.

The doctor starts talking, they follow behind him.

"Thank you,"

"Dalaj… I want to see you in my office, I need to explain some things to you,"

"What did you do Dalaj?"