Oh Boy It's You

Alberto x Dying Luca

Alberto's POV

It was a rainy day and a day before the Portorosso Cup race. Me and Luca wanted to spend the day together. Since nobody in town knows that we are sea monsters and can't really know, we took an umbrella with us.

"Are you ready for the race tomorrow?" I asked. He chuckled.

"Yeah, but I'm nervous. What if I mess up on the downhill?" He said. I stopped in my tracks as I put a hand on his shoulder. He stopped and looked over at me with his big brown eyes.

'I could stare into them all day..' I thought.

I will admit, I do have a thing for Luca. I've fallen hard for him. I have yet to tell him how I feel in fear of rejection and ruining our friendship. He is the only person I have in my life and I can't lose that.

"Silenzio, Bruno! That's just the dumb voice in your head trying to drag you down. You got this! We'll win the race, get our Vespa, and we'll run away together." I said. He smiled.

"Yeah, you're right! I do got this!" He said.

"That's what I'm talking about! Come on. Let's head back." I said.

"Hello number one and number two! What are you doing out here in this rain?"

"Ugh." I groaned as I heard the annoying voice that belong to none other than Ercole.

"W- We need to go!" Luca whispered as he tightly grabbed my arm. As much as I wanted to punch this guys face in, I knew we had to go. I could care less if they found out about me, but Luca. I needed to keep him as safe as possible.

"Let's go, Luca." I said. We tried walking off, but Guido and Ciccio walked on out blocking our path.

"Why are we in such a hurry? Huh?" Ercole said as he walked up to us. Luca held onto my arm like his life depended on it as I glared Ercole down.

"Just let us go, Ercole. We need to get back to training." I said making an excuse up to leave. Ercole chuckled.

"Don't you want to have some fun before you go and train? Hm, the little guy will be first! Guido! Ciccio!" Ercole demanded.

"Back off!" I growled as I guarded Luca with my arm.

"Want to do this the hard way, huh? Fine. Guido, Ciccio, get the big guy. I got the other one." Ercole demanded.

Before I could react Guido and Ciccio grabbed ahold of both my arms. I kept a death grip onto the umbrella as much as I could. Ercole then came around, kicking Luca in the stomach causing him to fly out from under the umbrella.

"Luca!" I shouted as the rain hit him, going to his sea monster form. My eyes widened as Ercole, Guido, and Ciccio gasped.

"Ciccio! Harpoon now!" Ercole demanded. Guido grabbed ahold onto my other arm as Ciccio gave Ercole his harpoon.

He walked up to Luca who was laying on the ground, holding his stomach as he coughed some from the blow Ercole gave him.

"No! Ercole! TAKE ME!" I screamed as I finally got out of Guidos grip. I dropped the umbrella, exposing myself in front of everyone in efforts to try and save Luca's life.

Ercole stopped as he turned around to face me, his eyes widening in shock.

"Take me." I said my voice cracking as I tried holding tears back.

"Why should I?" He asked as it thundered and lightening.

"Because I'm the one who's going against you tomorrow! Not Luca. Not anymore. Wouldn't you want to get rid of your competition?" I asked. Luca's eyes widened. He knew I was lying, but Ercole seemed to be buying it.

"Fine. I'll take you instead. Then I'll get my reward and win the race!" Ercole said as he threw his arm back getting ready to throw the harpoon straight at me.

"NO!" Luca screamed.

Everything seemed to go in slow motion. I closed my eyes as I held my arms out, excepting my fate, but.. nothing ever came.

"What?!" Ercole shouted.

I opened my eyes to see Luca right in front of me and a harpoon through his stomach.

"A- Alberto?" He weakly said. Before he could fall I gently caught him. Holding him close to me as tears stung my eyes.

"Ercole, let's get out of here!" Guido nervously said as he nudged him. Ercole seemed to be in shocked at what just happened and soon ran off with his friends.

"You're going to okay, Luca. Just keep your eyes open.." I said as I held tightly onto his hand.

"N- No, Alberto.. I- I'm done for, b- but i- it's okay.." He said as he weakly smiled at me.

"How is it okay?! Y- You can't leave me, Luca. N- Not now. Please.." I begged as tears streamed down my face.

"Y- You have to w- win the race f- for me. Okay?" He said as he cupped my cheek which I immediately melted into.

"I can't do it without you.." I whispered. He let out a weak chuckle.

"You're n- never without me. I- I'll always b- be there for y- you. P- Promise me y- you'll live on a- and explore the e- earth for u- us." He said. A sobbed escaped from my mouth as I shook my head.

"I can't.." I said.

"P- Promise me, A- Alberto!" He said as he tightened his grip on my shirt.

"I.. I promise.." I said through sobs.

"I love you, Alberto.. always had and a- always will." He said. I bit my bottom lip to stop more sobs form coming out.

"I love you too, Luca. I always had. It's always been you!" I said as I pressed my forehead against his. My tears falling on his face.

"I- I have to d- do this o- one last t- thing.." He said as he hoisted himself up and pressed his lips against mine. I cupped his face and meted into the kiss. Seconds later I felt him go limp. I pulled away as sobs escaped from me.

"WHY!" I shouted up into the sky as thunder roared.