The Night We Met

Alberto x Dying Luca

Alberto's POV

I am not the only traveler
Who has not repaid his debt
I've been searching for a trail to follow again
Take me back to the night we met

*Knock! Knock!*

I groaned as my eyes shot opened. I rubbed my eyes and looked over at my alarm to see it was midnight.

"Who would be here at this time?" I wondered as I hoped out of bed and went to answer the door.

*Knock! Knoc-*

I opened the door to see Giulia standing there out in the pouring rain. She was drenched and had red puffy eyes with tear stained cheeks.

"Giulia? Get in here! You're soaking wet!" I said as I pulled her inside and shut the door behind her.

"What are you doing here at this time?" I asked.

And then I tell myself
What the hell I'm suppose to do
And then I tell myself
Not to ride along with you

"I- It's Luca! He got into a terrible car accident, Alberto.." She said as she stood there sobbing.

'What was he doing out at this time?' I thought. I didn't say anything as I slipped my shoes and jacket on.

"Alberto? Where are you going?" Giulia asked.

"To see my fiancé. You're more than welcome to stay here." I said. Before she could say anything I grabbed my car keys and left.

I got into the car and sped down the road to where the hospital is.

I had all and then most of you
Some and now none of you

"Please be okay." I mumbled to myself as I pulled into the first empty parking space I saw. I hoped out of the car and ran into the hospitals entrance.

Take me back to the night we met
I don't know what I'm suppose to do
Haunted by the ghost of you
Oh, take me back to the night we met

"Alberto!" I looked over to see Luca's family.

"I- Is Luca okay?!" I asked as I rushed over to them.

"We don't know anything yet. They just told us he's in the ER being operated on. They also informed us a drunk driver hit his car door. The side he was on." Lucas mom said. I sighed as I ran a hand through my hair.

"Do you know why he was out driving around at this time?" I asked. She shook her head.

"No. We don't." She said.

When the night was full of terrors
And your eyes were filled with tears
When you had not touched me yet
Oh, take me back to the night we met

Minutes turned into hours as we all sat around waiting for an update on Luca. I looked down at the engagement ring Luca got for me. Memories of us flashing through my head as I messed with the ring.

"The Paguro family?" A doctor asked as they walked out. We all looked up as we ran towards the doctor.

"Right here! Please, please, tell us he's okay.." Lucas mom said. The doctor sighed before looking at us with sad eyes.

"I'm so sorry to inform you, but.. Luca didn't make it. We tried everything to save him. I'm so sorry." The doctor said.

My whole world stopped as everything became slow. Everything was muffled even the loud cries from Lucas mom.

***

"I love you so much, Luca. I seriously can't wait to marry you." I said as I cupped his face. He smiled.

"I love you too, Alberto." He said as we shared a sweet kiss.

***

I fell to my knees as tears streamed down my face.

I had all and then most of you
Some and now none of you

I let everything out. Screaming out in pain as I lost the love of my life.

Take me back to the night we met

***

I went to the local coffee shop like I do almost every morning. Got the usual and when I went to sit down I noticed a boy sitting alone while reading a book. I blushed as I couldn't help, but noticed how adorable he looked. With the little confidence I had in me I walked up to him.

"Hi. I couldn't help, but notice you're sitting alone. Would you like some company?" I asked. He looked up and smiled. In that moment I melted on the inside from how perfect his smile is.

"Uh, yeah. I would like that." He said. I sat down across from him and looked down at the book he was reading.

"Whatcha reading?" I asked.

"Oh. Just some cliche romance book." He said. I chuckled.

"I like cliche things. I'm Alberto Scorfano by the way." I said as I held my hand out for him to shake.

"Luca Paguro." He said as he shook my hand.

***

I don't what I'm suppose to do
Haunted by the ghost of you

I started pulling at my hair as I sobbed on the hospitals waiting room floor. I didn't notice, but Lucas family was around me trying to calm me down. I didn't pay any attention to them.

Take me back to the night we met