"Lock Me Away."

Villager Alberto x Prince Luca

Luca's POV

"Do I have to marry this girl?" I asked as my mother fixed the tie on my suit.

"You have to marry a princess to become king. It's just the rules." She said. I sighed.

"Do you remember our conversation from a few days ago?" I asked.

"I told you it's just a phase. No son of mine is.. gay. There, done. You look so handsome! This is the suit you'll wear for the wedding." My mother said.

"Mother, I can't marry this girl." I said as I sadly looked at my reflection in the mirror.

"You have no choice in the matter. Remember? Mother knows best. You'll be happy I'm sure of it! The girl is lovely, sweet, and so nice. She'll make you happy." She said.

"I told you I'm-"

"It's a phase. Did you not hear what I just said? You're not gay! Get that out of your head. You cannot marry a boy to become king. It's not even legal." She said. I didn't say anything else as she stormed out of my room, slamming the door behind her.

I went and sat down on the edge of my bed with my head in my hands. My parents are forcing me into this marriage that I don't want with some random girl to make me king since I'm eighteen now. I tried telling her and my father that I'm gay, but they say it's just a phase. Like my mother said, being gay or just liking the same gender is illegal. I would be locked away down in the dungeons until they torture me and hang me in front of the whole village. The worse part of this whole thing is that I already have a boyfriend who I'm madly in love with. Which I haven't told him that I love him yet, but I surely will soon. I warned him about this day and we already made plans to run away together and never look back.

His name is Alberto. It was love at first sight..

***

It was another sunny day and on days like these I love to go out in the village to explore a bit. I told my parents that I was going for a stroll around the gardens for a bit since they forbid me to walk outside the castles gates. If they found out I come out in the village they would make one of the guards be with me at all times to make sure I don't leave those gates.

I wore a black cloak with the hoodie up to hide my face so the villagers don't recognize me since they do know who I am. I was looking around until I ran into someone causing me to fall flat on my butt.

"I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" They asked as they held their hand out for me.

"It's okay. I'm good." I said as I grabbed their hand. They helped me back up on my feet and I looked up to see who I ran into, my hood falling back slightly. A boy stood before me with tanned skin, brown curly hair that stood up in the front, and bright green eyes. I opened my mouth in awe at his features until I noticed his eyes widened a bit as he pointed at me.

"Woah. Are you prin-"

"Shh! Don't say it! It is me. Prince Luca, but please call me Luca." I said as I dragged him off to the side to somewhere more private. He slowly nod his head seeming a bit confused.