We Don't Talk Anymore

Alberto x Heartbroken Luca

Luca's POV

"Alberto Scorfano!"

"Luca Paguro!"

***

I sighed. It felt I met him just yesterday even though that was three years ago. So much has happened since.

The summer we ran away together I fell hard for Alberto. When I left for school I was devastated leaving him, but when I came back I confessed my feelings for him which he returned.

I sadly smiled to myself as the memory flashed through my head.

***

"What is it that you wanna tell me?" He asked.

"I.. I.. you know, never mind." I said as I looked away from him. I couldn't pull myself together to tell him.

'What if he doesn't feel the same way? What if I ruin our friendship? I can't lose him-'

"Hey, you can tell me anything. Remember? Silenzio, Bruno!" He said. I nervously chuckled as I let out a deep breath.

"It's just that I.. I.. I like you!" I blurted out quickly. His eyes widened.

"Y- You like me? As in a friend way or.. more?" He asked.

"M- More.." I said as I looked away blushing. I felt his hand gently grab my chin, making me look up at him.

"I like you too, Luca." He said.

"Wait, really?" I asked. He nod his head.

"Really."

***

That was the happiest day of my life. We made it official and started going out. We laughed so much together and had so much fun. I remember when he first told me he loved me..

***

It was night time and we were staring up at the stars or should I say fishes. I looked over at Alberto to see he was staring at me with a small smile on his face.

"What are you staring at? Do I have something on my face?" I asked. He chuckled as he shook his head.

"No, it's just.. I love you, Luca. Like, I'm in love with you." He said which took me back a bit.

"I love you too, Alberto. I'm so in love with you." I said. He smiled and the next second I felt his lips on mine.

***

I thought we would be forever, but little did I know that he would break my heart into millions of little pieces..

***

"I don't love you anymore! Okay?! What is there to not understand?" He said. Tears filled my eyes as I stood there in front of him speechless.

He sighed.

"I'm leaving. Don't bother to come after me." He coldly said as he left. Making my heart shatter.

***

A tear fell onto the picture that I was holding of me and Alberto. I still have our memory box that we made together. It has all of our pictures in it. Me and him don't talk anymore. Gosh, I even remember the day Giulia told me that he moved on and he moved on so easily..

***

"Did you hear?" Giulia asked. I was reading a book at the kitchen table. I peeked up at her as I cocked an eyebrow.

"Heard what?" I asked. Her face fell.

"Alberto.. he moved on, Luca. I'm so sorry.." She said. I could tell she really didn't want to tell me the news, but she knew it was better to hear from her then find out myself.

"Oh.." Was all I said as I shut the book I was reading, got up, and headed towards the door.

"Where you going?" She asked.

"Out." Was the last thing I said before gathering my things and swimming off to the island where I met Alberto.

***

I've been living on the island since.

'Why can't I move on like he did so easily?'