You Broke Me

Cheater Alberto x Heartbroken Luca

Luca's POV

"Do you think he'll say yes?" I asked as I looked over at Giulia.

"For the millionth time, yes! He will." She said as she patted my shoulder for reassurance.

"Sorry. I'm just a bit nervous.." I said as I glanced down at the small black box in my hands that has a little tag on it with Alberto's name along with a heart.

Today is mine and Alberto's five year anniversary together. Since me and Giulia finally graduated from school I thought it would be the perfect time to give Alberto a promise ring.

"Is the Vespa set up in the backyard?" Giulia asked. I smiled as I looked out of her window. There it was. A brand new, red Vespa that I've been saving up throughout the years for me and Alberto. There was a sign up against it that read, 'Will You Do Me The Honor & Travel The Entire Earth With Me?'

I've also planned this for years.

"It's all set up. He won't be home for a bit, right?" I asked to make sure. I noticed the sun was starting to go down making the sky a beautiful orange color.

"Yeah. He usually gets back around ten. So you have some time." She said as she plopped down on her bed while pulling out a magazine. I stuffed the promise ring into my pocket before turning to head out.

"I'm going to head out and practice what I'm going to exactly say to him." I said.

"Okay. Don't be gone for too long!" She said. I chuckled.

"Yeah, yeah." I said as I headed out of her room and left the house.

I walked along the streets of the city practicing as the sun started to go down and the stars appeared.

"Here's this ring I got you- no! We've been together for awhile now so here's this ring- ugh! No! What am I so nervous about it's just Alberto.." I mumbled to myself. Right when I turned around the corner of a building I looked up to see Alberto with..

"Guido?" I questioned as I quickly hid behind the building and peeked around, making sure I wouldn't be noticed.

"What do you mean we're over?" Guido asked. Alberto sighed.

"Whatever we've been doing is over! I love Luca, okay?" Alberto said.

"If you loved Luca you wouldn't have been sleeping around with me for the past few years since you were together with him!" Guido said. My eyes widened as I felt my whole world shatter.

'Alberto's been.. cheating on me?'

"This was a mistake!" Alberto said.

"Last time I checked mistakes happen one time not a million times. You're the one who came to me every year after Luca left for school." Guido said. Tears welled up in my eyes as I pulled the promise ring out from my pocket.

"Now I'm ending this." Alberto said. Guido chuckled.

"Okay, but don't come crawling back to me when you and string bean don't work out." Guido said. I covered my mouth to quiet my sobs.

"Y- You.. were a.. m- mistake. Y- You broke me.." mumbled to myself as I threw the ring box on the ground and ran back to Giulia's.

Alberto's POV

"Okay, but don't come crawling back to me when you and string bean don't work out." Guido said before he turned and left.

I ran a hand through my hair and sighed before walking away. As soon as I turned the corner of the building I felt myself step on something hard.

"Owe! What?" I questioned as I looked down to see a small black box with a white tag on it. I picked it up and noticed my name written on the tag along with a heart. My eyes widened as I looked around instantly thinking of Luca. I looked back down at the box and opened it to reveal a beautiful ring.

I gasped as I covered my mouth and looked around for Luca. Then it hit me..

"He heard everything.." I mumbled. The worse part of it all is that today is our five year anniversary and I ruined it. Just like I ruin everything..

"Luca!" I shouted as I ran to mine and Giulia's house hoping he would be there.

When I got there I ran to the backyard and noticed a sign laying on the ground. I walked up to it to see in Luca's hand writing, 'Will You Do Me The Honor & Travel The Entire Earth With Me?'

Warm tears rolled down my cheeks as sobs escaped from my mouth.

"What have I done?" I mumbled to myself.

"Alberto?"

I looked up to see Giulia standing in front of me with a confused expression.

"Giulia! Where's Luca? Have you seen him?" I asked. She shook her head.

"No. I haven't. Not since he left." She said as she looked around the backyard. I noticed how her face fell.

"What'd you do?" She asked as she looked at me.

"What?" I said obviously confused.

"You're holding the promise ring Luca was going to give you, he bought a Vespa for you guys to ride away together on, now it's gone, and so is he! Something serious have had to happen between you guys because he wouldn't have just left you like that!" She said. I shook my head as more tears streamed down my face. Ashamed of myself and for what I've done..

"I- I did something s- so stupid, Giulia.." I said.

"What is it, Alberto?" She asked with a stern tone.

"I- I.. c- cheated on L- Luca.." I said as I avoided meeting her gaze.

"YOU WHAT?!" She shouted making me flinch.

"I- It was a m- mistake! It was o- only suppose to b- be one time, b- but every time y- you guys left f- for school I- I just felt so a- alone and Guido-"

"Guido? You cheated on Luca with him AND it happened more than once?" She said as she hit my shoulder.

"You are an IDIOT!" She added shouting.

"I- I know! P- Please just help m- me find L- Luca." I begged. She sighed.

"I think I know where he rode off to, but once we find him I'm not helping you win him back or some shit. What you did, Alberto Scorfano, was stupid and unforgivable. In the end though it's Luca's decision." She said as she headed towards the exit of the backyard before looking back at me.

"You coming?" She asked. I quickly snapped out of it as we left and got on her bike to go find Luca.