I Know Who You Pretend I Am

Taken Alberto x Luca

Giulia's POV

It all started a month ago when Alberto got in his first relationship with a girl.

***

"Are you excited to see Alberto again?" I asked. Me and Luca were on the train back to Portorosso for the summer.

"Yeah. I am." He said as his cheeks flushed a light red. I chuckled as the train stopped. I smiled as I grabbed my things.

"We're here! You should totally make your move on Alberto by the way. He feels the same I just know it!" I said. He chuckled as he grabbed his things.

"I- I'll think about it." He said.

"Oookay! Well, let's go! I'm sure he's waiting for you!" I said. I could tell Luca looked pretty nervous as we walked off the train.

"Do you see him?" Luca asked. I looked around until I spotted my papá, Alberto, and.. some girl?

"Uh, yeah. I do! Looks like he made a friend. Come on!" I said as I grabbed Luca's wrist and dragged him over.

"Luca!" Alberto shouted. I let go of Luca's wrist as they hugged each other.

"Alberto! I missed you." Luca said.

"I missed you too. Hey! There's someone I would like you and Giulia to meet." Alberto said as he looked back at the girl.

"This is Daisy. She's my girlfriend. Daisy this is my best friend, Luca and sort of my friend, Giulia." Alberto said.

'Girlfriend?' I thought as I looked over at Luca who seemed to be zoned out.

"It's nice to meet you both! Alberto wouldn't stop talking about you guys. Especially you Luca." She said. Luca forced out a small laugh and a smile.

"Yeah.. I- I gotta go. I'm sure my family is waiting back at home for me." Luca said as he pushed himself passed them. Alberto looked over at me confused. I shrugged my shoulders pretending to not know what was going on as I chased after Luca.

"Luca! Are you okay?" I asked. He sighed as he looked over at me.

"I will be. Look, I'll see you later okay? I have a lot of thinking to do.." He said. I nod my head.

"Of course. Take all the time you need. Just know I'm here for you." I said. He slightly smiled at me.

"Thanks Giulia." He said before we parted our ways.

***

I could tell it affected Luca. For one, I already knew his huge crush on Alberto and second, he started pushing himself away from Alberto. Once that happened Luca's been dragging me to do all of these things that him and Alberto use to do together.

***

"Hey Giulia! You busy today?" Luca asked as he walked into my room through the window. I was sitting on my bed reading a book. I set the book down as I looked over at Luca.

"Not really. Why? Would you like to do something?" I asked.

"Yeah! I was thinking that we could go over to the island, build a Vespa, and ride it off the ramp together! It's fun. Really." He said with a smile on his face.

"Uh, I don't know, Luca. Doesn't seem like something I would do. I think I would die honestly." I said. Usually when me and Luca hang out we go explore the telescope, talking about the planets or what not.

"Silenzio, Bruno! That's the dumb voice in your head saying you'll die! Come on. It's fun! I'm sure you'll like it." He said. I sighed as I hoped off my bed.

"Fine. We'll go do that. Where's Alberto though?" I asked. Luca's face fell as he shrugged his shoulders.

"I.. I don't know. We haven't really been talking. Doesn't matter. Let's just go." He said as he walked out of the window with me following behind.

***

That's all that me and Luca do now. I help him build Vespa's back on the island, talk about the fishes in the sky even though he now knows they're stars, and let's not forget the part where we ride the Vespa's we build off a ramp that's being hold by a turtle.

I sighed as realization hit me.

'He's pretending I'm Alberto.' I thought. It explains a whole lot. I mean, he's called me Alberto and laughs at things I never said to him, but Alberto has.

"Hey Giulia!" Luca said as he walked into my room.

"Hey Luca! What's up?" I said.

"Not much. Wondering if you wanted to go back to the island? I gathered more human things that I think you would find interesting. You haven't collected anything for a minute so I thought that I would add on." He said. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Luca, I've never collected any human things." I said. He chuckled.

"Nonsense! Remember when I un broke the singing lady machine?" Luca said. I sighed as I hoped off my bed and walked up to Luca, putting my hands on his shoulders.

"I know who you pretend I am." I said as I got him to look me in the eye. His face fell.

"What?" He said.

"I know who you pretend I am. I know who you pretend I am.." I said. Tears begin to sting his eyes as he looked out the window where the island is.

"Why not me? Why didn't he want me?" Luca said as he broke down. I embraced him into a hug as we fell to the floor.