Terrible Things

Dead Alberto x Luca

Luca will be 34 years old in this story. I added the lyrics into the story, but changed some of the words of course. Enjoy!

Luca's POV

It was a nice sunny day here in Portorosso. I was with my son, Diego getting some ice cream. Once we got our treats we went outside and sat down on the water fountain.

"Hey dad, how old were you when you met my other dad?" He asked.

Me and Alberto ended up adopting a baby boy fourteen years ago. We were young and so in love. We wanted to start a family as soon as possible. Alberto ended up getting sick though and sadly he passed away. Diego was still super young so he doesn't have any memories of him..

"I was about your age actually." I said.

"Can you tell me more?" He asked. I nod my head.

"By the time I was your age, I'd give anything to fall in love truly was all I could think. That's when I met your father, the boy of my dreams. The most wonderful man that I'd ever seen." I said. I looked over to see Diego smiling at me waiting for me to say more.

"He said.."

***

"Boy can I tell you a wonderful thing? I can't help, but notice you staring at me. I know I shouldn't say this, but I really believe. I can tell by your eyes that you're in love with me."

***

"Now son, I'm only telling you this because life can do terrible things.." I said as tears begin to fill my eyes.

"Now most of the time we'd have too much to drink and we'd laugh at the stars and we'd share everything. Too young to notice and too dumb to care. Love was a story that couldn't compare."

"I said.."

***

"Boy can I tell you a wonderful thing? I made you a present with paper and string. Open with care now, I'm asking you please. You know that I love you will you marry me?"

***

"Now son, I'm telling you this because life can do terrible things. You'll learn one day, and I hope and I pray that God shows you differently."

"He said.."

***

"Boy can I tell you a terrible thing? It seems that I'm sick and I've only got weeks. Please don't be sad now, I really believe. You were the greatest thing that ever happened to me."

***

"Slow, so slow, I fell to the ground on my knees. So don't fall in love there's just too much to lose. If you're given the choice then I'm begging you choose to walk away, walk away. Don't let it get you, I can't bare the same thing happen to you.."

"Now son, I'm only telling you this because life can do terrible things."