A Perfect Match

Alberto x Sick Luca

Luca has a congenital heart defect and happens to run into Alberto on his way to the book shop one day.

Luca will be 18 in this while Alberto is 19.

This was requested and they told me to give credit to mizdiz on ao3 for the idea!

Luca's POV

"I'm heading to the book shop!" I shouted to my parents as I walked passed them in the dining room. My mom was cleaning while my dad was working on some puzzle.

"Okay, be safe and be back before dark!" My mom said.

"Will do!" I said as I noticed my dad was stuck on the last few pieces of his puzzle so I quickly solved it for him.

"Hey!" He said. I chuckled as I ran off to the front door.

"Love you guys!" I said before walking out the door and shutting it behind me.

Today was such a nice day out. It wasn't too hot or too cold. The sun was mostly covered by some clouds while a cool breeze was blowing through. I took my phone out to text my best friend, Giulia who was currently on vacation with her mom. Her parents got a divorced when she was just a little girl and have shared custody.

Me- Hey! Hope Florida is treating you well. Can't wait till you get back!

I pressed send before stuffing my phone back into my pocket while I turned the corner to go to the book shop only to run into something.

"I am so sorry!"

Did I say I ran into something? More like someone.. I ran into someone.

"It's cool! I wasn't watching-"

I stopped mid sentence as I looked up to see a pair of bright, gorgeous green eyes, tan skin, cute freckles that ran along his nose, and perfect, brown curly hair.

"I- I wasn't watching where I- I was going.." I said as I awkwardly smiled at him not sure how to act around him. He chuckled.

"Where you heading to?" He asked.

"The book shop right down here." I said.

"I could walk you the rest of the way. If you like?" He said.

"S- Sure." I said. Even though a part of me wanted to decline. I mean, now is not the time for me to even try to get with someone due to my congenital heart defect. My heart has already failed three times and I wouldn't want someone to watch me.. die.

"I'm guessing you love to read." He said. I nod my head.

"I do. It's like I get sucked into the book living out the stories. Sometimes it's nice to get away from reality." I said.

"What's your favorite genre?" He asked.

"Romance. I love the cliche stuff." I said as I looked up to see we arrived at my destination.