#35 Parents

Ryouichi had made a promise, and he rarely goes back on his word, besides the question that Naruto had frequently been asking had never been answered, and it was something he would like to know as well, and if they were alive well... they probably won't be afterward. Ryouichi had felt an inkling of self-doubt that Hiruzen didn't know who Naruto's parents were. there were few records unknown by the Hokage, but he doubted birth records were out of his reach.

Opening the door to the Hokage's office he gave a large smile at the elderly man in the Hokage robes and gave a small bow. "Hello, Hokage-sama!" Giving the silent signal as he did the Hokage cleared his throat and the Anbu in the room disappeared from Ryouichi's peripherals. "What can I do for you Ryou-Kun? I thought you were training with Naruto-Kun?" The question seemed valid as he shrugged his shoulders. "Naruto was missing Haruki so we decided to hold off a day before we started."

Hiruzen hummed as he stamped away at another piece of paper, Ryouichi gave a small raise of his eyebrow. "I have a favor to ask you." Hiruzen gave a small chuckle. "Ask away, not like I can say no anyways." Ryouichi rolled his eyes. "I hope not with something as trivial as this." Hiruzen looked up curiously as he gave a wave to his hand, inclining he was listening. "Can I have Naruto-Kun's birth records?" The stamp stopped halfway from meeting its mark on the newly placed paper on the desk.

Hiruzen looked up at the Daimyo with an unreadable expression before sighing. "Seems like Naruto-Kun has told you that he doesn't know then." The Hokage hummed in silence and sighed deeply. "I can't give you his records." Ryouichi crossed his arms with furrowed brows. "Why not? Are you protecting his parents?" Hiruzen frowned. "That's not what this is about Ryo-" "It sounds like it, do you know how much he loves being a parent? He loves it so much that it hurts him to wonder where his parents are."

Hiruzen closed his mouth as Ryouichi had interrupted him. "Hokage-sama. Please I respect you dearly but do not protect people who-" "They are dead... They would have never abandoned him." The redhead shut his mouth abruptly before glaring. "Then why does he not know who they are?" Rubbing his forehead as he felt the headache he was dreading to come. "It was for his protection. His parents had many enemies, more so than what your father could have acquired in his years."

Ryouichi rolled his eyes. "He's going to have enemies, he's marrying me." The elder of the two nodded his head, knowing it was true. "It's not for everyone to hear Hokage-sama, just let him know... tell him a story. He even told me himself that you and Iruka-san are the closest things to a grandpa or a dad to him." Hiruzen grimaced just thinking about it... "I know that... he is very dear to me as well..." Hiruzen muttered making Ryou's frown deepen. "If you care give me his records or just tell me yourself." Hiruzen sighed knowing he couldn't deny it anymore... "I'll give you the records... Naruto will need to hear it with someone else and I'm sure both of you will be surprised..."

Ryouichi raised his eyebrow in confusion as Hiruzen shuffled through a drawer. "I had to keep it so someone wouldn't find it in the hospital... but I want you to know that they believed in him... they believed he would do great things and so do I." Ryouichi grabbed it and stared at the Hokage in silence. "Any stories?" The Hokage smiled slightly. "Their first date was at Ichirakus..." Ryouichi's smile broke the tense situation and he laughed. "it must be destiny... his love for Ramen that is." Hiruzen could not help but chuckle as Ryouichi left his office, document in his hand...

Silently he stared out the window as he saw Ryouichi walking towards where he was staying and he only could sigh as he gave a silent turn to the monument. "Minato... Kushina... I hope I did the right thing."

...

Silently standing in front of his and Naruto's room he looked down at the document in his hand and only sighed, he hadn't felt this much tension since revealing his heritage to the blond. Now he guessed it was the other way around... he had given a little thought to what Hiruzen said, 'I'm sure both of you will be surprised...' Giving the paper a long look he sighed. "So they are well known..." That's the only thing he could dig up from that conversation, silent he shook his head from the thoughts and just knew he and Naruto could get answers when he went in...