27# Constricted Eyes

The table was fairly silent, Naruto looked around the table, it was eery. usually, there was something to talk about... but looking across the table was Kyoko staring at him, her eyes were seemingly unregistered. "Where is everyone?" Ryou broke the silence, fairly confused, he always let many of his maids to dine with him, but it was just Iren and the wind daimyo's family. 

"You know how the maids are like when we have guests," Iren said as she lightly patted the outlines of her mouth. "I see, well let us enjoy this meal! Right Naruto?" Said blond looked over and nodded his head, "Yes, we should." He lightly grabbed his fork and began slowly cutting into his meat with his knife, his eyes wandered up and Kyoko hadn't takin her eyes off of him like he was being studied, or even graded. 

He put the fork to his mouth and lightly savored the flavor of the meat and closed his eyes out of habit before opening his eyes, seeing the eyes of the girl change from blue to black, and Naruto froze, feeling his stomach churn before Naruto closed his eyes, feeling Kurama doing something he shouldn't... Re-opening his eyes, his blue eyes turned into the scarlet ones and stared back into hers making her flinch briefly, blinking they were both back to normal.

After that brief exchange, nothing seemed to have happened the entire dinner... only for Kyoko to tug on her mother's dress. "Kaa-chan, I don't feel fit to ride home... My stomach isn't acting well." She held her stomach as if she was in pain while Emiko looked down at her sympathetically, "It would be rude to intrude anymore Kyoko-chan." Ryou heard this and began feeling antsy but decided to test the waters. "You may stay for one night, that is fine... you already have a room occupied so one night isn't anything." 

Naruto nodded in agreement, one night wouldn't hurt anything... He hoped internally. He lightly grabbed Ryou's hand and lightly whispered into his ear. "Can we finish our training?" He whispered making the redhead smile and nod to his fiance. "Of course, if you'll excuse me, we are done for now." Ryouichi stood up and grabbed his hand and pulled him along... "Thank you Ryou-san!" Hibiki said as Emiko nodded to her husband, "They are too kind." 

Kyoko smiled brightly and turned away and began walking with Naami leading her to her room to rest... but as everyone turned away from the girl, a smirk tugged at the edges of her mouth. 

...

As it turned darker, and the mist of fire country showered the grass with a dew made everyone pack in there stuff and decided to head to bed early, including Naruto and Ryouichi, who was glad that they were able to finally sleep after the day they had. Ryou pulled the blond closer to him as per usual while Naruto welcomed the feeling of being held, as he never had it before he met Ryouichi.

"Hey, Ryou-Kun?" 

"Yes, Naru?" Ryouichi whispered in his ear making him shudder. "I love you." The Daimyo smiled and lightly kissed the back of his neck. "Of course." He whispered making Naruto frown, "You gotta say it back..." Ryouichi grinned around his neck, "I'll make sure to say it more tomorrow." Naruto rolled his eyes but smiled nevertheless, "Idiot.."

...

Click... Click... Click... The smallest taps echoed the halls of the Daimyo's palace before the shadowed figure seemingly slipped between the cracks of the door and into the room with Naruto and Ryouichi... Naruto seemingly shivered and slowly opened his eyes and what greeted him was the pitch-black eyes of a shadowy figure. Naruto opened his mouth only for an unknown force grab ahold of his throat and he couldn't speak or even be able to breathe.

"K-K-KURAMA! P-PLEASE HELP!"  But the fox didn't answer... he looked over to Ryou's sleeping form and he didn't seem to be breathing... Like everything had stopped all around him except this shadowy figure. "MIiiNnneee!" The shadowy figure gritted out and the feeling lost in his mind as if everything was constricting... before it went dark... like falling asleep.