24# Youngsters

The halls were silent. Only the small taps of feet between Aina and Naruto echoed along the walls. Naruto gave a small look around each area before stopping in front of the window, His eyes widening immensely as he saw the city that he resided in... towers and many big buildings were below him, How far up was he? He could distinguished at least 1000 feet up... He breathed out in surprise as Aina smiled lightly at him, seeing his eyes light up in a pleasant surprise from the view. "So you must be new to the city of fire?" Aina asked as she turned towards him. Looking to his right where she was.

"Yeah... it is amazing! I always wanted to come here!" His sparkle slowly died down though when a thought plagued his mind. "Never got the chance to..." Aina nodded in understanding before smiling. "So he is from Konoha.." The girl was able to decipher. Only place Ryouichi has been was here in the palace and rarely out, but she also knew of his little vacation.. It was obvious that Ryouichi's new fiance was from Konoha.. "You are here now at least." Aina tried to cheer him up, seeing the small shine falter.

Naruto did smile slightly at that as he placed his hand over his abdomen briefly, feeling the small chakra from the seal before he looked up to the sky. "Yeah, it is nice to feel the freedom of this city." He turned and gave her a smile before he lightly got down from the pearch of the window sill, "Do you need help Naruto-sama?" Aina asked as she saw him slowly getting down. "Ah don't worry... and please don't call me that, i'm no one special." He lightly placed his feet down.

Aina gave him a small smile, "My apologies, but you are fairly special seeing as you are Ryou-sama's fiance." Naruto rolled his eyes briefly at that, they weren't going to stop.. he knew it. "Fine, but if you find me as a friend in the near future, drop the formalities." The young adult nodded her head before they began walking to the next room as Naruto was reminiscing in his thoughts. "It is kinda funny... I really am no one special... just someone he saved from getting a beating." He smiled slightly as he felt the ring on his finger. "He was the first person to smile at me other then gramps."

His eyes wandered to the next door they walked to before Aina opened the door, "This is the dining hall, the maids are setting up the table now for dinner." Aina said as she waved him over to greet a few of the maids. "Oh my Aina-chan, who is this young fellow?" A older woman asked as she lightly placed down the last plate in her hand. "Hello Maya-san, this is Ryou-sama's fiance, Naruto." Naruto smiled towards the woman and gave a small bow, "It-it's nice to meet you." Naruto stuttered briefly.

"Oh, so your what all the fuss is about, well let me look at you." Naruto smiled sheepishly as the older woman gave him a look over. "Maya-san, you should have a rest, you've been at this all day." Aina gave her worries while she waved her off, "Oh you youngsters always try to make me feel old. Now Naruto-sama, it is nice to meet the one who Ryou-sama has dedicated all his time bragging about and defending." Naruto blinked and gave Aina a look. "He talked about me?" He asked curiously.

"Oh well, not much. Ryou-sama told us he had a fiance, it was a few people who doubted him and he defended you with his all, such a youngster." Maya shook her head in disbelief of the maturness. Naruto nodded, he knew a lot of people thought he was after Ryou's power.. but he didn't realise that the said Damiyo told people off... He smiled slightly at that before Maya seemed to jump seeing someone. "Oh! Iren-chan! Have you met Naruto-sama?" 

A maid who seemed to be in her late thirties blinked at the figure that Maya was mentioning and she frowned briefly before smiling. "No I have not." She lightly placed the napkins that she held in her hand onto the table. "This is Ryou-sama's fiance! Isn't he adorable." Maya asked making Naruto blush lightly at that and tilt his head down, flustered. "He is indeed, It is nice to meet you Naruto-sama." She bowed her head making Naruto look down lightly, "You all don't have to bow to me... I don't even like the honorifics..."

Iren tensed her hands to her side before raising her head, "What is it you mean? You are the fiance of the Damiyo, it would be rude otherwise." Naruto frowned. "But I... Haven't done anything.." Iren pursed her lips as Naruto thought back to his time in Konoha, although he didn't want to be Hokage like he said... he wanted to be acknowledged in a way... and if being engaged to someone big gave him all of the respect because of Ryou...

He paused seeing Iren giving him a odd look. "I see, very well. I'll try to drop it." She said nothing more than that as she left the three to their wits. "What was that about Maya-chan?" Aina asked making the older woman shrug her shoulders before she gave a roll of her shoulders. "Well i'm all done here, I suppose I will help introduce you to everyone. Aye Naruto-Chan?" Naruto seemingly blushed at that, the teasing older woman got him good.

"Atleast it isn't Naruto-sama." 

...

Ryou collapsed in his chair in a heap, the exhaustion hitting him all at once as he felt a headache pressing against his forehead. He had to talk with many of his ninja to be with him and Naruto as a escort... but also a precaution for what may come of the chunin exams in Konoha. He knew that Naruto wouldn't like it, but he needed the protection... even if he got stronger, they would be up against a legendary and feared ninja. 

He sighed thinking about it all before the door opened and closed quietly, but just enough so Ryou opened his eyes and saw Naruto yawning and walking over towards him. "So how did Aina-san treat you?" He asked making Naruto shake his head tiredly. "Wasn't her... that old lady has so much energy..." Ryou bit his lip and laughed at that knowing exactly what old woman he was talking about. "Yes, but don't let her hear you say that." The blond shuddered.

"I ain't old ya youngsters!" They both repeated before they erupted in laughter. It slowly died down before Ryou slowly stood up and held out his hand, "Come, Lets go to bed shall we? You seem tired." Naruto stretched out his arms and giggled. "Talk about the pot calling the kettle black." Ryou grabbed him by the waist and spun him around, "Well I am still awake to do this." The blond seemingly giggled, the exhaustion was there but less present while with the other.

The blond lightly was set down before he lightly brushed his hand against his arm, looking down towards his left. "Y-You know... it feels like a fantasy. A dream that I'm here..." Naruto whispered making Ryou tilt his head and lightly placed a hand on the whiskered cheek. "You know... You are my dream too." Naruto eyes widened at that and he looked down at that. "Liar.." Ryou grinned and with one finger brought his chin up. "You were the person I was waiting for to bring me out of my shell."

Ryou lightly kissed the lips of the blond before pulling away as Naruto whispered one word which made him laugh quite a bit. "Hermit..."

...

TBC

YO! People have asked this before but again I will relay it...

"Will there be lemons in this book?" 

Usually I don't try to make lemons because I feel like the stuff I write is... bad. awkward.and... plain strange... Also it doesn't help that I have 0 experience with... eh... nevermind aha.

But if people wish it I will try to make a lemon in a part, I'll give a warning and so on, Just give me a answer and i'll see what i might make.

Anyway, Thank you for reading! If you liked it vote so others may see this work,and if you want updates from me, Follow! 

Till next time~

Word count - 1413