1# Promise...

It was just a normal day to Ryouichi... he was always escorted by one of the twelve ninja guardians of the Damiyo... and here he was walking down a hall of his familys big mansion...

Family... he smiled bitterly thinking of the word... his mother died when he was five... he remembered it briefly... but he tried not to... he was the only child and his father was always so busy... he was alone... on the inside he was...

All around him was people throwing themselves at him cause of his father. He just wanted to get out of the village for a while... he looked up towards the man that walked with a cigarette in his mouth making him smile slightly.

Asuma Sarutobi... a name he knew before he was assigned in a rotation to protect his father and himself... he was one of the few people who helped him train... he supposed it was a blessing to be trained by the Sandaime Hokages son...

"Doctor! We need a Doctor!!"

His thoughts were cut when he saw one of the maids to his father ran towards them making Ryou go wide eye. "What is wrong?" Asuma asked concerned for the young brown haired woman making her shake and shook her head. "Its my lord! He is coughing up blood!" He went wide and and they quickly began to ran towards the Damiyos room.

"Father!" Ryou shouted as he opened the door to see three maids around his father who seemed to he weak... very very weak... Asuma went to the side of the bed and felt his head and went wide eye feeling the heat in waves. He looked towards Ryou who had tears slowlg rolling down his eyes before one of the maids grabbed his hand and pulled him out of the door.

"Asuma...?" The voice rasped out below the Sarutobi who looked down to see him looking up towards him. "Give this to my son... you are my witness... he is to rule next..." he then looked towards the maid next to him. "Iren-chan... you and the others take care of Ryouichi-kun for me..." the mans eyes slowly closed as his final breath left him making the two go wide eye.

Asuma bowed his head... before he slowly looked over towards the door hearing the commotion of the red haired boy behind the door.. "ITS MY FATHER, PLEASE LET ME IN!" he shouted.. he must be getting body blocked by other maids...

Asuma slowly opened the door with a small look of sadness and looked towards the maids and waved them so Ryou could come in... he ran in passing Asuma to see the aftermath... he chocked making Iren walk up to him and gave a hug and rubbed his head. "He loved you very much Ryou-kun..." she whispered making him sob and clenched his fists...

"Why did... why did this happen..." he sobbed out making her sigh and look up towards Asuma to see him sigh and shake his head.. not knowing what could have possibly caused it... he looked down at the scroll that was given to him and lightly walked up to the boy.

"Your father asked me to give you this..." Asuma whispered silently as the boy looked up. He wiped his eyes as he slowly grabbed the scroll and slowly unfural it... his eyes widened immensely. "This.. is his will?" he looked through it to see every thing that his father owned... including his rule... was his...

He looked down to see a scrawl of writing ... "I've been sick for a long while Ryouichi-kun, even Tsunade-chan couldnt cure me of this disease... she was only able to make sure that you were cured..." Ryouichi's eyes widened.. When he was young he met Tsunade... he remembered her checking him over vividly. "I hope you can forgive me when it does take me... make sure to be a great Damiyo." Ryouichi slowly put the will down onto the desk nearby before he walked over towards his fathers unmoving form... the tears not slowing down...

"I promise... father.."

...

TBC

Short but i might be able to make quite a bit of chapters like this...