Chapter 2

Bethany, the head of the royal servants looked at the 3 newly recruits that were hired by the head of recruitment without her in the interview, she was not pleased. She does not like that all the 3 recruiters do not have the basic experience that she has asked for. She looked at them and looked back down at their files and sigh.

"This is what they give me!!" she said under her breath. The 3 new recruits looked at her, the 2 ladies only looked down but the 3rd recruit was busy looking around the office and was amazed at how antique the office was. Then she looked at the head royal servant then she nodded her head and understood why.

"Well since all 3 of you have already signed your contract, I don't have any choice but to hire all 3 of, so welcome to the royal palace. I am your head of servants, you will be directly under me so you need to keep up!" said the 60 year old Bethany, a plum petite grandmother who has been single all her life dedicated to serving the royal family.

Bethany stood up and walk over to the door and turn back,

"What are you waiting for...come on faster!!" she said, immediately all three of them stood up and followed Bethany out of the office.

"As you learn you will find out there's alot of rules that you need to follow but there is 3 that you need to implant in your heart!" said Bethany as they walk to the end of the floor and walk down the stair to the 1st floor to the back where the uniform area is to make sure the 3 new servant get their uniform fitted so that they can use it the next day when they start training and working tomorrow.

"1 never be in the same room with any of the royal family must be invisible only butler can be around the royal family but not servant, 2 never be places that you are not assign if you are supposed to do the hallway floor only be at the hallway floor until your next assignment do not go around hunting to see the palace!" said Bethany as he turn around suddenly which make them stop in their track.

"And 3rd DO NOT BE A BUSYBODY...do not listen into the royal family conversation! You have signed the confidentiality form so remember what was written!!" said Bethany as she turned around and continued to walk down the stairs..

The 3 newly hired follow Bethany to the uniform room, Bethany told the seamstress to get them 3 uniforms each for them to wear.

"I'm not sure if you have something big for her size!" said Bethany to the 3rd new servant who was a plus size, someone who she would never have hired. The lady looked at her and smiled, even though she knew that it was for her she only smiled.

---

The dark room is dark and no one dares to open the light or the curtain, just as Maxis orders no one should open the light he rather look in the darkness then the light where he would remember his mother. Her face and her memories will walk all over the room and make him breathless and full with guilt.

It has been hours after he woke up that he starred in the corner of the room, he saw a small dot of darkness which by the second became bigger and bigger. Both his heart and the dot had became complete darkness, no light shall enter into that darkness, he like it there that is his space that no one wants to enter. As he looked at it, out of a sudden a glimpse of light shine into his room before the room became dark again.

"Who's there!!" said Maxis as he saw a black shadow near the door, someone had entered his room without his permission. No one answered, only silence entered the room. His gut feeling knew there was someone near the door, he stretched his hand out to the small table at his left side and held the table , he was ready to attack whoever was sneaky into his room.

"WHO'S THERE!!" He shouted but again no one reply to him but he could feel that he or she was walking closer to him.

"Tell me before..." Before he could say anything suddenly the curtain opened letting the sunlight enter the room and he saw a woman who was wearing servant clothes but she was bigger in size then the other servant he knew.

"Sorry but this is way too dark...don't you think?" AJ, the name that was on the badge.

"Who are you and what are you doing in my room?" said Maxis angrily.

"AJ the new servant! I was cleaning the hallway but I am super tired that I wanted to sit down here for a while before continuing. I thought it was just an empty room but you don't mind sharing right?" said AJ as she sat at the chair at the corner of the room.

"Do you know who I am?" said Maxis, everyone knows not to enter his room without permission, how dare she enter the room, especially his room in the prince room.

"No..but really please let me sit here for a while....see I am new here, for the last 2 days I have been tasked to hand wipe the hallway and my back is killing me so please, I will be very quiet here, promise!" said AJ as she beg him and looked at him with a sad face. Maxis looked at her, how can she doesn't know who he is? He is the Prince of the country. Everyone knows what he looked like. He looked at her, he wanted to say no but his heart rebelled and made him nod yes.

"Thank you...I will not be long. Thank you." said AJ as she looked out of the window which she opened the curtain a bit so that light could shine in. Maxis looked at her for a while before he looked away hoping she would leave soon. AJ looked back at the bed and looked at the man who allowed her to stay in the room. She did not care about who he was in the palace as long as she could look at the message that she just received quickly and it was alright for her.

When the light shines, she almost scares herself to see a big bear on the bed looking at her in anger. But it was just a man who had not shaved and cut his hair for a long time. After 10 minutes, she stand up and close the curtain back before she walk towards the door she turn back to the bear that she saw and says,

"Thank you for letting me stay...but just to let you know I will need to come back a few times to sneak away...sorry and thank you in advance." AJ opens the door and walks out of the room to continue wiping the floor. Maxis wanted to tell her that she's not allowed and who he is, it was too late she already left.

"Ar...that woman!!" said Maxis, other than being angry he feels the room is no longer lonely, something he has been pushing but his heart was yearning for someone to be there with him. 

*Please vote and comment, stay safe. Thank you :) *