Chapter 33

Almost a year has gone by ever since that night of the reveal. Elizabeth was sentenced to prison for treason and was sent 10 years in prison. Her step-father did not leave her side and ensured her that he would be with her forever. He regretted not taking care of her properly even though he saw the other side of her a few times before.

King Matthew and AJ continue to work together to open up the factory and cafe that they have talked about. They even got a more trusted company to open up shop there so that they would get more employment for the citizens and open a tourist spot for the country. The factory that they have plans for is finally opening the next day. Max has planned a big opening and a party AJ, her family and her teams are due to arrive. The rooms have been clean and the royal family was eagerly waiting for their guests to arrive. They could not wait to see her again, King Matthew has not thanked her for what she did for his country and his family. They can finally find closure to the late queen dead and Max can finally see her after she left that night.

Maxis felt restless, he has been looking at his watch for the last hour and still no news of them arriving. Maxis stood up and walked over to the window, he saw the garden that AJ did for him. It's still there, when he misses her he would go there and reminisce about his time with her. He had been waiting for so long but somehow he could wait for a few more minutes.

The door sudden open, Max pop in and say,

"They're here!!" Maxis immediately runs out of his chamber and they run down to the main entrance. Maxis has not run as fast as he can like his life depends on it while Max was pulling him behind mocking him but he did not care, in a matter of seconds he can see her again. Once they reached the driveway, everyone was there to greet her, the limousine stop and Butler James opened the door. The first person who came out was Anna then Cassey and someone they never met before.

King Matthew welcomes Anna and Cassey with a hug before Anna introduces her to Rose, her mother. With no bias, King Matthew welcomed her with an open arms, Anna saw Maxis was looking at the car like he was waiting for someone to come out from the car.

"AJ...she's not coming!" said Anna so that Maxis could stop expecting AJ to come out from the limousine.

"I am sorry your majesty but AJ needed to be somewhere else." explain Cassey to King Matthew as they walk in and Cassey explains more about where AJ is.

"Where is she?" asked Max to Anna, asking on behalf of his brother knowing that he was expecting to see her.

"We were preparing to leave this morning when AJ heard that one of the companies she invested in had a problem and she needed to meet them." explained Anna.

"Will she be coming to the opening tomorrow?" asked Maxis but Anna lifted up her shoulder as she does not know if AJ would be able to make it the next day for the opening or the party. Maxis nodded her head and walked away from them.

The night was full of laughter as Cassey was the star of the night and somehow managed to get the King to laugh and laugh. Max and Maxis have long heard their father laughing and it was nice to hear him laughing and enjoying his time especially with a woman.

Right after dessert Maxis excuses himself, his heart slowly became envious that his father was laughing and they were enjoying themselves when he was missing the one person he longed for. He walked out of the dining room with an excuse that he has a last minute meeting that he needed to attend but the fact was that he missed her so much that he went to the small garden made by AJ to reminisce about her again.

Maxis stood in front of the tree that grew big with time and remembered the time AJ and he fought in his room, then the time where AJ was there with him the first time and the day at the factory. That was the most real thing they have after so long.