Chapter 19 - A month later

The daily news came out at 6am and everyone in the country was taken aback by what happened to Jac&C Co. No one would have imagined that less than 4 year the company went under, the owner Mr Jacker Mill went missing at night before the news broke that the company is left with a huge debt and their customers have yet to receive their orders.

At 9am police officers and tax officers burst into the house and HQ of Jac&C Co. but they would not find any manager or directors; only their employers who did not know what was going on were there to see them burst into the office.

King Matthew looked at Minister Joseph in shock, the news of his citizen would be out of job soon. About 10 000 of his citizens would be out of jobs and he needed to make sure that their savings would be enough for them until they find another job soon.

"How much job opening do we have in the country?" King Matthew asked, Minister looked at his chart before he looked back up at the king.

"Less than a thousand!" replied Minister Joseph, King Matthew banged his hand onto the table. The country's economy would not be affected but the life of his citizens is. What would happen to the 10 000 of his citizens?

"Did you manage to find him?"

"No, you're majesty...but we are communicating with another country to track him down!"

"Did you try to track down his family or friend?"

"We did but he does not have them here! They must have left before we knew it!!" explained Minister Joseph when suddenly the office door opened and Prince Max walked in.

"I have no time..."

"I have a plan!" said Prince Max as he walked to his father. King Matthew looked at him puzzled on what his son's plan was.

"I found a company that would want to open up their company in our country!" said Prince Max. He placed a file onto his father's desk. King Matthew took the file and opened it, his son has actually written a proposal to get a company called Anderson Co , when his father saw that name he looked up at Prince Max in shock.

"Co-founder of the company approach me and said that she is very interested in opening up a food production like of cakes to be placed in supermarkets and shops. They already have a small production line but they need a bigger one as soon as possible as their order have multiple." explained Prince Max.

"Your highness is good news!" said Minister Joseph as he congratulated Prince Max.

"Can we trust them? We don't want what happened to Jac&C Co. happening again!" King Matthew said worried that it might be another company who would leave their employee stranded with no future.

"Your Majesty Anderson Co has been in business for the last 15 years, they are from a small home bake to a multi billion company. From selling cake, cafes, organizing weddings and events in just 2 years they sell frozen cakes which are very popular. Their cake uses top notch ingredients and is always delicious. Trust me, I ate it when I was in New York...there was a long line of customers who wanted to buy their cakes and other types of dessert." Minister Joseph explains further which makes King Matthew believe his words.

"Fine...I want to meet the owner not the co-owner understands! Set the date!" replied King Matthew to Minister Joseph, Minister Joseph nod his head and walked out of the king chamber excited to plan a meeting with one of the billionaires in the world to meet the king.

"I trust you on this Max the citizen life is at stake now!" said King Matthew to his son.

"I know...just trust me! And now that I help...why don't we have a big party to celebrate and also invite them before the meeting?"

"Max...with the current.."

"Father...I will be meeting with our people tomorrow to see how their situation is, if they need any help like money or food or anything I will personally look at it!" said Max as he knows what his father worries for.

"Me too...I'll follow!" King Matthew and Prince Max turned and saw Prince Maxis walk in without the walking stick just like he was before. He saw the news and he wanted to do something as he was the one who introduced Jacker Mill to open up his production line in their country.

"But you are not well yet!" said King Matthew, he is happy to see his son standing and walking like he was but he did not want Prince Maxis to push himself too much.

"Father I was the one who invited him and made him want to open his company here. It's my responsibility father, I wanted to make sure our people are coping fine until we have a solution for their job placement." Prince Maxis said. King Matthew could not fight both of his sons and agrees.

"Alright then, both of you make sure to visit each and everyone of them and reassure them we are looking into getting them a job replacement and Max yes you can plan a party before the meeting but not that big alright!" King Matthew said before Butler James walked in and reminded him that he has another meeting to go to. King Matthew left, leaving his two sons with what he had ordered earlier.

---

King Matthew walked into the dining chamber where Damien Issac Atwood Earl of Leman was waiting for him. Other than Butler James, King Matthew and Damien Issac Atwood is close. King Matthew trusts both men with his life, if Butler James is his right hand man then Damien Issac Atwood is his left.

Right after King Matthew sat down, Butler James started the dinner. The night was full on discussion on the current affair that morning and what was the plan which Damien agreed with the plan and trust with Anderson Co.

"It's hard to make any meeting with the owner or the co-owner for business opportunities. Everything they do is always secrecy but their result is phenomenal, they give and their return is high. If the co-owner met with Prince Max that is pure luck!" explained Damien as he took a bite on the beef that the royal chef cooked for them.

"You know I did not want what would happen again this morning."

"We can't get business owners who are sincere, this is bound to happen sooner or later. But we are lucky that we found the solution right away."

"True!!" said King Matthew as he drank his wine.

"Let's stop talking about business! It's a bit too boring to talk about it the whole day!!" suggested Damien.

"Then what else should we talk about? It's always been that!!" King Matthew laughed.

"About Prince Maxis...Now that he can walk and be what he used to be, is our plan still going?" asked Damien. The promise of 2 men who have too much to drink, a promise to become a family to make both their children husband and wife.

"He just started to be who he used to be! I did not want to rush that!" explained King Matthew.

"I know but my daughter can't wait that long Matthew, she's a woman. We can get them engaged and after a year get them married. What do you think?" suggested Damien, King Matthew looked at him, he knows his best friend daughter and how smart and beautiful she is, it would be a shame to let it pass.

"Alright then. We will announce their engagement at the party in 3 weeks." announce King Matthew, Damien jumps up in joy as he hugs his friend.

"James brings out the champagne!! We are celebrating tonight!!" shouted Damien in happiness, finally he can see his daughter walk down the aisle and see him marry the prince just like in the fairytale her daughter always reads.  

----Please comment and vote. Thank you and stay safe.