Chapter 17

As day goes by AJ, Anna and the royal physiotherapy have been helping Maxis stand and walk again. Maxis who could only lay down on the bed and cry when AJ was injured, unable to help her, now have even started walking with a walking stick. Everyone in the palace was happy as he had improved that much in a short time.

"Just a little more...a bit more come on!!" said AJ as she guided him by his side as the nurses and the doctor watched him from a distance. Doctor Antony and his nurse have been with Prince Maxis for days but it was different when AJ is there with him and guiding him. It seems he listens to her more than he listens to his doctor and his progress excels more than he thought he would.

"Easy for you to say!!" Maxis said to AJ as he held the bar tight and walked the bar for the 10th time today even though he was tired he did not want AJ to know, he wanted to show her that he can he just needed her to be there with him.

Maxis took another step when suddenly he fell down but luckily AJ was next to him and managed to catch him before he fell down and hit his head. Maxis fell on top of her, when he landed onto a fluffy pillow AJ belly. Doctor Anthony and his nurse rushed to him and helped him up and sat down at the nearest bench.

"Are you alright, your highness?" as Doctor Anthony starts to check on Prince Maxis legs but Prince Maxis pushes him aside and pulls AJ front to him and looks at her worried that he might have injured her instead.

"Are you alright?" said Maxis as he looked at her all around her to see if she was injured, but AJ brushed the dirt on the uniform and shook her head.

"No..I'm fine...how about you? You alright?" said AJ as she looked at Doctor Anthony to check on Maxis. Doctor Anthony went to Prince Maxis and started to check on him again, Maxis on the other hand instead of worrying on his leg he kept looking at AJ still worried that he might hurt her during the fall.

As Doctor Anthony was checking on Prince Maxis, the gym door opened and Anna walked in with the food trolley for Prince Maxis. When Anna walked in she saw Doctor Anthony was checking on Prince Maxis, she became worried and walked over to AJ.

"Is everything alright?" she asked.

"Bearman fell earlier!" replied AJ which makes Anna more worried.

"Your highness are you alright? Doctor Anthony is his highness alright?" asked Anna towards Doctor Anthony, he stood up and looked at Prince Maxis.

"Your highness is alright don't worry!" replied Doctor Anthony which makes Anna relieved. Maxis looked at AJ and joked,

"See...I'm alright! Thanks to your fluffy body!!"

"You're welcome and I was not worried! She is!!" said AJ as she pulled Anna closer to the Maxis, Prince Maxis smiled at Anna so that she would not worry.

"Anna would you mind covering for me for a while...I'll be back!" said AJ as she excused herself and walked out from the gym. As AJ walks out from the side door and walks out from the main entrance so that she can have a long walk to the washroom and back she hears her name being called. Elizabeth was calling her and she is not happy to see her either.

"You're quite something aren't you!" said Elizabeth as she walked towards AJ, AJ looked at her and was clueless.

"Sorry Miss!!"

"When I asked you to help me get closer to the Prince you refuse but you are helping that servant instead!!" said Elizabeth angrily. It was not the first time when Elizabeth visited and saw that AJ would run off somewhere, leaving Anna and Prince Maxis alone for quite some time. Elizabeth is offended that AJ helps Anna, not her, a daughter from the royal family.

"I did what I did for you too...I'll let you two alone, the only answer is who will he choose you or Anna. Don't be offended if the prince chooses Anna then you."

"You....You know who I am!! How dare you?"

"I do but sadly I...DON'T...CARE!!" said AJ slowly so that Elizabeth understand what she said, she didn't do anything special to Anna she know there is a competition, she did not want to go in between two women so she decided if they walk in on Maxis she would leave so that they both have the same chance and opportunity to be with Maxis but of course seeing Elizabeth she is rooting for Anna and hope with a bit help Maxis would fall for Anna.

"Miss...have a nice day!" said AJ as she smiled and walked away leaving Elizabeth clenching her fist in anger.

"Damn...you servant!! YOU'RE GOING TO REGRET IT!!" Elizabeth said to herself to destroy AJ first before Anna.

---

"AJ can you help me find the box which I keep all the thing from my mother in!" asked Maxis when AJ walked into Maxis room. AJ saw he was frantically looking around the room for the box his mother left. He looked around the room to see when he left it, it has been a week since he noticed that one by one of his late mother when missing he tried to look for it but he could not see anything.

AJ started to look at the shelves, putting the things down and back again. AJ looked on the cabinet, every drawer, every shelf and behind every book she could not find it.

"I did not see it...let me see if it is at the library alright!! Don't worry, we'll find it!" said AJ as she ran out for the room and to the library. She thought maybe someone must have mistake the box as a book as the box looked just like a 500 plus pages book but it's hollow inside.

As the door closes, Elizabeth walks into the room.

"Eli, what are you doing here?" asked Prince Maxis as he was shocked to see Elizabeth walking into his room.

"To see you of course...how are you doing?"

"Fine...but I could not fine a box that contained mothers things!" said Prince Maxis as he sat down on the chair worried that it would be lost forever, the only thing that belonged to his mother.

"Have you looked for it everywhere?" asked Elizabeth as she walked over to the book shelves and tried to find it.

"Don't bother, AJ has looked for it but it's not there! AJ is looking for it in the library!!" said Prince Maxis. Elizabeth stop and looked at him for a second before she says,

"Why don't you get Bethany to check the servants room? Who knows it in their room!" Prince Maxis turned to Elizabeth and looked at her, he knows that none of the servants would steal from the royal family his family trusts them very much.

"Elizabeth you know..."

"I know but you have some new servant that you don't know...maybe it's not Anna or AJ but you have some others who are new! You have nothing to lose if you get it checked!" suggested Elizabeth. Prince Maxis looked at her and thought about it for a while, it's true some of the servants are new but he also knows that Bethany would have done their background check already so that none of the servants would steal anything from the Royal family.

"Fine!!" said Prince Maxis as he took the phone and picked up the handset, 2 rings later Butler James answered and Prince Maxis told him to check everyone's room to look for his mother box. Prince Maxis felt bad but he needed it back, if there was nothing found he would apologize but if someone did steal it he or she would have to be responsible for their action which Prince Maxis hope is not the case.

----Please comment and vote. Thank you and stay safe.