Chapter 9

The morning dew was nice. The night was just perfect for everyone to sleep in but for Anna, she has been waking up in a good mood for the past 3 days, she does not know what it was but the last 3 days have been a peaceful one for her especially when she walks into Maxis room.

No mess, no screaming, no angry Maxis just him allowing her to talk to him and being there with him. Breakfast for today is poached egg on top of salmon with rye bread, 2 sets, 1 bowl of yogurt with fresh berries, fresh coffee, fresh apple juice, and 2 german sausages. Even the breakfast looked better than in the past months.

Anna opens the side door and rolls the trolley in, and just like the past 2 days, the place does not look like a crazy person's place with broken glasses and things everywhere. Anna placed the trolley next to the bed where Maxis was still asleep. She looked at him and smiled, he has not been sleeping this well for the past 2 years, and looking at him made her heart stop for a while before she walked over to the window and started to open the curtain letting the morning sunshine in and make the room bright and lively again. The bright light shines on Maxis which makes him slowly open his eyes and see Anna walking past him to open the other side of the curtain.

"Good morning, your highness! How's your night?" asked Anna as the curtain opened and she tied the curtain together before she walked to the trolley to help Maxis sit up.

"Great!" said Maxis as he looked around the room before he looked at Anna and gave her a weak morning smile which Anna's face suddenly turned red.

"That...that nice!!" stutter Anna as she places the trolley in between him and opens the cover off his plate. He did not hate it, in fact, he became hungry just by looking at it which is weird for him to start craving food so early in the morning. Maxis starts to cut the poach eggs and allow the yolk to fall out before he punches his fork in and starts eating.

"This is heaven!" he mumbled with his mouth full. Anna looked at him and smile,

"Your highness you must have had a good dream for the last few days to be in a good mood today!!" said Anna as he took out the glass cover, Maxis took the apple juice and drink it before he stops and looked at Anna,

"Good dreams....I did have good dreams for the past few days!" said Maxis as he recalled his dreams which were strange, he just remembered that he has not been screaming in the morning which is very strange.

"That means you are recovering! That's good isn't it."

"Yeah but how?" asked Maxis as he looked at the Anna puzzle. Anna looked at him strangely.

"Did you take your medicine at night?" asked Anna, Maxis pointed to the medicine that was left next to his bed which is still untouched. Anna looked at the medicine and looked back at him, Maxis looked around the room and realized that he felt different from before, he felt different than he saw the painting. It all started after AJ was in the room with him talking about the painting.

"AJ...." he called her name and wondered if she did anything in the room that made him feel different.

---

The dorm building has long did not hear Bethany shouting and scolding another servant for a very long time but today Bethany had blown her top when she heard that AJ yet again being in the prince room and did something that they believe is to be witchcraft which is never been heard of and they were afraid that AJ might do anything dangerous to the royal palace.

AJ was asked to leave right away and was told not to return because she did not listen to instructions and the rules that every servant must follow, NEVER TALK TO THE ROYAL FAMILY except for certain employees who is Bethany, Butler James, and Anna who grew up there and have play alongside with the prince since young.

Anna felt bad that AJ had to leave as they have grown closer to each other even though AJ had broken the ultimate rule but Anna did not think that AJ was doing anything bad anyway, she manages to make Maxis stop screaming and have made his appetite better which worries everyone that Maxis ate less and less each day.

"I'm sorry that by telling Bethany it makes you lose your job!" said Anna apologetically, she was just telling Bethany how amazed she was when she saw Maxis was eating heartily. Then Bethany immediately pulled AJ into the office, scolded her, and told AJ to leave immediately.

"It's alright...I know I can't be working here anyway," said AJ as she smiled at Anna and put her clothes inside the suitcase.

"Ladies!!" Anna and AJ turn around and saw Butler James was at the door looking at them,

"AJ follow me please!!" said Butler James, AJ nodded her head and followed Butler James out of the room but Anna found it strange that Butler James had called on AJ. If Butler James called her it meant that the King wanted AJ's presence.

Butler James open the door to Prince Maxis' chamber and saw that Prince Maxis and King Matthew were inside the chamber. AJ walked in and stood behind Butler James. She felt the room was a bit tense. Maybe because of what she did, she did not know that breaking the ultimate room is like breaking the country law. It was very serious!!

"Your majesty and your highness AJ is here!" said Butler James as he introduced AJ to the king. King Matthew looked at AJ as Butler James moves aside, he looks at her and says,

"What did you do?" said King Matthew calmly like he always does, he is worried about what AJ did to Maxis but he does not believe that witchcraft still exists and that makes Maxis stop having bad dreams.

"Father...it not..." as Maxis tries to cover for AJ King Matthew stood in front of AJ blocking his view of her. AJ looked at King Matthew and replied,

"May I show it to you?" King Matthew nods his head and makes way for her to show it to him, AJ walks to the window where the corner window was open where she hides a bag of camomile tea and dried camomile flower with a few drops of camomile essence. AJ took the bag and show it to everyone in the room,

"My father's recipe when I was little I always had a bad dream to stop me from having it. My father makes this and hangs it on the window so that when the night winds below it give out a scent that would relax my brain and allow me to sleep well. The scent is not too strong, just nice." explained AJ as she gave the bag to Butler James. Butler James then opens the bag and looks into it, just like AJ said the scent is not strong enough.

"Inside the bag is camomile tea and dried camomile flower with camomile essence," AJ said in detail. King Matthew looked at the bag and nodded his head before he walked out of Prince Maxis chambers. Butler James follow King Matthew out, when suddenly King Matthew stop on his track talk to Butler before he continues to walk away, Butler James turn around and walk back into the chamber and announce,

"AJ from this moment on you will be assigned to take care of Prince Maxis well being, Bethany will tell you further of what your detailed work is." Butler James turned around and left them. AJ looked at Butler James and turned back to Maxis.

"Eh....I have to take care of you now, bearman?" asked AJ to Maxis who felt relieved that AJ does not have to leave anymore but at the same time she would have to be with him most of the time which he did not like half of the time. 

}

Please comment and vote. Thank you and stay safe :)