Chapter 24

Right after AJ talked to Anna, she walked back into the palace and saw Dina was walking to her while talking to the phone. AJ walks towards her, and they walk back to the meeting chamber. Dina ends the call from the Planning team, they have got back to her about the amount they needed to open the cafe and the catering store in the city.

"It's Peter...they already have the numbers for the store and the cafe!" said Dina.

"How much then?"

"1 million each."

"Alright then, tell them to prepare everything and send it to me. I want to know the list of interior designers and contractors in this country. It must be from here!"

"I called him and informed him."

"I'll meet you back in the meeting room!" said AJ as she walked to the meeting chamber while Dina called Peter to get the paperwork that she asked for. As she was walking Elizabeth was walking towards her, she smiled and was about to walk pass when AJ stopped and congratulated her.

"Congrats...see you don't need me for you to get married to Prince Maxis!" Elizabeth turned to her and replied with a bitter tone.

"You're welcome! We will not be inviting you anyway!" AJ started to laugh,

"Don't worry I wouldn't come too even if you invited me. By the way, I am just saying if you need anyone to make your wedding cake. Please don't be shy to tell me." Elizabeth starts to laugh, she laughs hard before she starts to have cramps. AJ looked at her and was shocked to see her reaction. AJ thought that Elizabeth had gotten crazy when Elizabeth suddenly started to laugh.

"I am sorry, but we don't eat commoner cakes especially by your company even though they are popular!" said Elizabeth as she wipe her tears away,

"Sorry, what did you just say"

"I am getting married to the Prince. Do you think I want you to make the cake! We will get professionals to do it, not your cake that comes out from a production line!!" said as she belittled AJ company which only got to AJ and cursed her in her heart. Elizabeth excuses herself and walks away.

"You damn tasteless bitch!!" AJ called her before she turned around and walked to the direction of the meeting chamber while in every step she was cursing at Elizabeth.

---

Dinner came faster than anyone wanted especially when their guests are AJ and Elizabeth. The Dining chamber was far from tense when their topic was not about business but more about how AJ progressed in life and how she made it far in life.

King Matthew , Prince Max and Prince Maxis was impress of her achievement but for Maxis he pretend not to listen and eating the dinner without saying a word and looked at the file which was in front of him, the daily report from the country minster which he purposely brought to dinner as excuse so that he does not talk to AJ or Elizabeth.

"That's wonderful, if it's me...I can't do what you did!!" express Prince Max as he led to the chair so that the butler would take his dinner plate and replace it with a dessert which everyone also has. The butler opened the metal cover and the dessert for tonight was a red velvet cake which was covered with red buttercream on each slice of cake with a single rose on it.

Everyone looked at each other, they did not expect to see a slice of cake, King Matthew took the dessert fork and pieces through the cake and eat the first bite followed by everyone else. The moment King Matthew placed the first bite he could not stop and eat another bite and another, it was the same with everyone especially Elizabeth as she has not tasted such a delicious cake before, the sponge cake, the cream and the buttercream was so delicious that she asked for another bite.

Prince Maxis who was concentrating on reading the report, took one bite he stop looking at his report, looked at he cake and starting to devour the cake until the place was clean, everyone plate was clean of the cake not even crumbs of the sponge or cream was left on the plate.

"That was the best cake I ever had!!" Elizabeth said as she turn to the butler who was about to clear her second dessert plate and asked,

"Who made this? This is delicious!! I want him or her to make our wedding cake!!" The butler looked across the room, everyone looked in the direction she was looking at and saw AJ.

"Ms Jacob baked the cake." said the butler as he walked away to clear the plate on his hand. Everyone knows that AJ does make cakes but they did not expect that the cake was that sensational and that they could eat the whole cake. Elizabeth on the other hand starts to regret what she just said about the cake. She looked at AJ who smiled at her while she gave a quick wink making her furious as AJ proved her wrong about AJ making production cakes for commoners and not for royalty.

"If a slice of cake is this delicious, AJ would it be alright if you could make Maxis and Elizabeth's wedding cake?" suggested King Matthew, hoping AJ would agree.

"Your majesty, I am not a professional baker that makes cake for royalty. Our company makes cakes for normal people! I don't..."

"That's ridiculous, this cake should be shared with everyone! Royalties or not...please?" King Matthew asks again, AJ nods her head and agrees to make their wedding cake so that she does not disappoint King Matthew.

"Good...Maxis Elizabeth please consult AJ for the arrangement...thank you AJ...thank you. Don't worry about the price...I paid whatever price you ask for if the cake is this delicious!!" said King Matthew.

"Wow...Dina...remember this agreement we can charge however we want!!" joked AJ as they laughed at AJ jokes except for Elizabeth. 

----Please comment and vote. Thank you and stay safe :)