Chapter 3

King Matthew walked into his study chamber, the room was bright with the sunlight which was shining into his office, the room was decorated by his late wife when he became the king. As and when his late queen found that the room needed changes, she would just do as she liked, which he did not mind. But after the death of his wife, King Matthew did not allow anyone to touch the room and let it be as his late wife left it for him.

But that day, even with the bright light shining through, he was flaming with anger. He had his morning meeting with his ministries but he was only informed in the morning that the crowned Prince Max have not been doing what he was supposed to do, he did not even attend most of the meeting, greeting with the citizen and his crowned prince classes which his father have told him to attend since he never have those classes before and only Prince Maxis went in a very young aged.

The door opens and Max walks into the King study chamber brizley like he has not done anything wrong.

"Father!!!" called Max as he walked to his father and sat opposite him with his leg crossed when suddenly he almost jumped up from his chair and was shocked to see his father bang the table using the files that were there.

"WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN DOING?" shouted King Matthew as loud as his lung could take it. Max looked at him and was shocked to see his father shout at him for the first time ever.

"Father..."

"I have arranged the crowned prince classes for you to prepare yourself. Why did you not attend? Why did you not go for any of the meeting that you are asked to attend or any of the citizen greetings that were arranged? What are you thinking??" shouted King Matthew again as he walked over to Max.

"I was not asked to be a brother replacement??" flatter Max as he stands up and faces his father.

"IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY...SINCE YOUR BROTHER IS UNABLE TO CONTINUE!!"

"I did not ask to be a part of the royal family...if you think I am not suitable to be the crowned prince please you can take it away!! I don't need it...I never wanted to be a part of this royal family anyway!!" said Max as he march out from there, he did not care about what his father felt or what was his responsibilities as the replacement of his brother which he knew he would never became like him never in a million years and he would never want to be like his brother anyway.

Max turns around and walks out of the chamber leaving his father more frustrated than a few seconds ago. The chamber door closed, King Matthew fell into the seat and looked out of his huge window panel which was looking out to the city and out to the ocean view. Even with the spectacular view his anger would not subside.

The back door of the chamber open quietly and the step walk closer to King Matthew,

"Your majesty!"

"James...do you think I made the wrong decision to let Max be the next crowned prince?" said King Matthew to his royal butler who also is his best friend since he was a young prince and James was a young man learning how to become a butler.

"Your majesty I believe in your decision and I believe both princes are qualified to be crowned prince." said Butler James he stood beside King Matthew and comforted the king which gave King Matthew a comfort which he always did.

---

AJ walked out of the shower with her hair wet and with a towel around her head when she heard her phone was ringing on her bed. AJ walked over to her bed and sat down, she then saw Cassey was calling her, she smiled and immediately answered the call.

"Cas!!"

"AJ...what have you been doing? You have not called me back, it has been a week!" said Cassey, who AJ can hear her walking away and she knows why she was walking away from..

"JJ has been worried sick!!" whisper Cassey.

"He did? How is he?" said AJ worried that JJ her father's health has declined more than she expected.

"Shaun said that at the moment he is still holding up strong but..."

"But he can't hold on any longer!"

"I understand...I would like to speak to him!" said AJ, Cassey walked back to JJ bed and told him that AJ is on the line. JJ in excitement sat up from his bed and took the phone.

"AJ!!" called JJ with his soft tone which JJ always have.JJ a man who loves dessert especially when customers smile when they eat his dessert, everyone around him loves him and aches when they find out he does not have much time left as the cancer in his body has spread and the doctor could not save him.

"How are you dad?" said AJ as she held her heart as strong as she could so that JJ would not hear her cry.

"I am better when I hear your voice!"

"You're just saying that to make me feel better!"

"Did it?"

"Yes! I'll come back soon I promise!" said AJ as she smiles at her father as wide as she can so that JJ can see that she is alright there alone.

"Anyway...I have a new recipe for a new cake!" said JJ as he explained further about how the cake baked and what the ingredient is. AJ went to her desk and started to take down notes that her father had given her. That is the least she can do, to collect his father's last recipes before he leaves her forever. 

*Please vote and comment. Stay safe ... thank you :)*