Chapter 6

The afternoon sky was scorching hot as AJ is on her knees plucking the weed in the grass field around the palace. That was her punishment for sneaking into the prince room and also calling a royal prince a bear man.

AJ wanted to do as fast as she could but the sun was burning hot that drains all the water in her and makes her weak. She looked up and saw the bearman was looking at her, she raised her left eyebrow and her left lips up while showing her fist towards him, she did not care who he was. It's all because of him that she is being punished, he did not tell her who he is and now she is there on the very hot day plucking weed.

Maxis looked at her angry expression that she gave him and felt bad that she was being punished by Bethany. He knows Bethany too well and plucking weed is nothing compared to scrubbing the floor using a toothbrush and many more punishments he saw growing up. Maxis looked up at the sky and saw that the sun was so hot even though he was staying in the room with the AC on, he could feel the heat from outside.

Maxis was so distractful looking at AJ that he did not notice Anna walk into his room with his afternoon lunch.

"Your highness, your lunch." said Anna as she placed the trolley beside the bed. He then looked over at Anna and request nicely,

"Anna, would you mind opening the window and also get me a bottle of very cold and icy water bottle!" Anna looked at him and nodded her head happily before running out of the room. Less than 10 minutes she ran into the room with an ice bucket of icy cold water bottle and placed it on the trolley. She walk over to the window near to the bed and open it,

"Your highness, it is better to close. It's too hot outside!"

"I need some fresh air!" lied Maxis. Anna heard that and her smile widened, it was a good change that he asked to open the window. He never likes to have the window open and now he is asking her to open the window so that he can have fresh air. Anna walks over to him, helps him sit right properly and slides the trolley into the bed so that he can have his lunch.

Anna opened the metal cover, a nice BBQ smell came out and Maxis looked at his lunch. Anna took his fork and knife and started cutting the BBQ chicken breast.

"Anna..it ok I'll do. You can go!" order Maxis. He wanted to do something nice to AJ but he did not want Anna to know that his intention was or else AJ would get in trouble again. .

"Your highness..." Before Anna can protest Maxis told her to leave the room and once he finishes he will call her again. Anna did not want to upset him further and left the room. When he heard the door close, Maxis looked out of the window and saw that AJ was sitting on the glass fanning herself with her hand.

"God I beg you please throw me a bottle of cold water...it's ok if it is not cold!!" begged AJ wishing someone up there called God would fulfill her request. She cried and opened her hand up to the air when suddenly something dropped and fell onto her skirt. She looked down and saw a bottle of cold water.

"Wow!!" she screamed in happiness that god just granted her wish.

"God is that you...did you..."

"It's me!! God would change the hot sun to rain! I gave you the water!!" shout Maxis out from the window. AJ stood up and walked further away from the building and saw the bearman looking at her.

"Drink up!"he said.

"Oh great bearman, I thank you for this cold ice water bottle!" replied AJ as she bowed to him sarcastically which made him smile.

---

A pink sport bentz stops in front of the entrance, the guard opens the door and a spotless leg steps out from the car. The guard put his hand out and the lady who owned the car stood up and walked towards the grand stairs.

It has been ages since she has not visited the palace, she was so busy with her life that she could not even go back to her home to see his father. Elizabeth Morrien Atwood, the step-daughter of Earl Atwood, a cousin of the king and one of the closest royal family to the king. Damien Issac Atwood is a well known businessman in the country who loves his step daughter very much and would do anything for the girl's dream even to have the royal prince and his daughter married one day but as of now they just hope that Prince Maxis would recover into his older self and get well.

Elizabeth, who grew up with Prince Maxis, knew him in and out. When she heard the news, she was the first one who flew in to see him. She tries to help him but Maxis does not allow her to get close to him or even open up to her. But she still hopes and loves him more.

"Hi...why are you here...I thought you said you would come in next week!!" said Prince Max when he pass by the main entrance and saw the beautiful Elizabeth walking up the stairs. Elizabeth smiles at him and gives him a hug.

"I canceled some plans and flew in. I wanted to see Maxis." said Elizabeth as they walked to the left wing to Maxis's chamber.

"How is he lately?" asked Elizabeth.

"The same angry mad person!" said Max as he did not even care that his brother was well or not. All of them try to talk to him but he refuses to listen, Max is the first one to give up on Maxis and if Maxis did not want to change he did not care.

They stop in front of the room, Elizabeth pulls the door knob and wants to open when she realizes that Max is not there beside her. She turned around and saw him walking away from there.

"Good luck, don't say I did not warn you!!" shout Max as he waves goodbye to Elizabeth. Elizabeth could only sigh and walk in. She knows best about the two brothers, always fighting and never listens to one another.

Maxis saw the door open and looked up only to see Elizabeth walk in. He went back laying down and closed his eyes. Elizabeth already saw that he was awake, walk over to him and says,

"I saw you!" But Maxis did not say anything.

"I have not seen you for so long, is this how you greet people nowadays?" asked Elizabeth but again he did not answer and pretended to sleep. Elizabeth looked at him and wanted to try again when a knock on a door and saw King Matthew was standing looking at her smiling, he waved at her to come out and talk to him. She gives a weak smile and walks out of the room to talk to King Matthew instead. 

}

Please comment and vote, thank you and stay safe :)