Chapter 34

"You should hit harder!!" said Cassey as she walked into the kitchen. Cassey overheard what Anna told Rose that AJ would be in the servant kitchen, she wanted to surprise AJ and drag her back to the party.

But when she got to the kitchen Cassey saw Maxis and AJ were talking and overheard before Prince Maxis walked out from there. Immediately Cassey hid at the corner so that Maxis would not know that she heard them talking. Cassey knows that her best friend needs a lot of push when it comes to love. It's something that AJ was never good at, she pushes men who fall for her away just like that and refuse to let anyone into her heart.

In AJ's life it is either JJ, herself, the company or her charity work, she does not go out on dates or involve herself in a relationship. Sometimes Cassey thought if her best friend might be interested in the other gender.

Things change when AJ would call her or JJ telling them her update of finding Anna. AJ told them about a prince who refused to go out of the room and was in despair. AJ told them all the things that they have been doing and whenever AJ spoke about Maxis, she could see a spark in her eyes and she knows that AJ was in love with this man who AJ always called Bearman but AJ was scared to be heartbroken just like her father did.

"You selfish coward!!" said Cassey again as she walked towards AJ who wiped her tears away and wanted to go back to what she left earlier.

"AJ...you love him...why are you forcing yourself away from him?" said Cassey when she reached beside her.

"You know why!!" said AJ as she took the chopping board when Cassey snatched away the board and threw it on the counter.

"Seriously...even when JJ wrote those letters to you...keep telling you it is ok to love someone you still refuse to accept Maxis."

"How can I be sure he would not hurt me like mama did to JJ? HOW!!" scream AJ to Cassey, someone she expects to understand her the most. Cassey sighed out and sat on top of the counter and says,

"You always said that I always heartbroken and cried when men I love left me...and I am stupid!"

"Aren't you...all the men you put your heart and soul left you because you are a strong headed and a very confident woman. And yet you keep falling for the next one and the cycle repeats!" said AJ as she stood next to Cassey and place her head on her chest while Cassey place her hand around AJ shoulder.

"Yes...but I like it. I like how someone who loves me looks even when I know that it does not last." explain Cassey.

"But you get hurt crazy!!"

"I know but I like it, so does JJ. Especially when he looked at Rose. The way he looked at her, the way he spoke to her and made her feel like heaven. Even though she hurts him, he loves how he makes her feel and how he feels."

"But..."

"AJ...heartbreaking will always happen, you would feel that even though he did not walk out on you. But that what love is, it is not how long both of you love each other but the journey of it baby." said Cassey, she came down from the counter and looked at AJ,

"Love the journey, cherish the moment and forget the pain. That JJ way of avoiding heartbreak, because love is a wonderful thing when you have that person who looks, sees and feels that love it's wonderful even though it for a short period of time." said Cassey again which made AJ's heart open and see what she had close for years.

"What should I do?" asked AJ to her best friend seeking advice, she finally understood what she was doing was wrong. Just like life, love is also not forever, sometimes it just dies and times people are just selfish.