Chapter 15

The talking, which was very soft, began to speak loudly, so loud that AJ woke up from her sleep.

"AJ...she's up!!" said Anna, who has been taking care of AJ since the shelves fell onto her. Bethany and Butler James stand beside her worries.

"AJ...how are you feeling?" asked Butler James. AJ looked at them one by one strangely. Anna, Bethany and Butler James looked at her, from the way she looked at them it seemed like she did not remember them.

"Who are you and where am I?" asked AJ clueless. They looked at her before looking at each other, they started to panic, Dr Flizz informed them that she is already and there is nothing to worry about but now looking at her, Dr Flizz might be wrong.

"Let me get Dr. Flizz!!" said Anna as she was about to run out of the room but AJ grab her hand and says,

"Just kidding!! I always want to do that!!!" said AJ, giggled at them, she heard what they were talking about and heard how worried they are. AJ thought it might make them laugh after the scare that happened hours ago. .

"Seriously I was so scared if you really forgot us!!!" said Anna as she walked back to AJ and sat beside her relief but Bethany did not have it and slapped AJ's shoulder so hard that AJ almost jumped out of her bed.

"AW..that's hard!!" said AJ but Bethany didn't care, when AJ said that she did not remember she became scared if AJ might have hurt her head and if she really did not remember herself what should they do?

"Good, next time it will be more painful!!" Bethany scolded AJ before she walked out of the room and relieved that AJ is alright since she can pull that prank on her.

"Thank you Ma'am!" shouted AJ as she knew that Bethany was very worried about her and she deserved the slap for pranking her.

"Well it's good that you are alright now!"

"I'm sorry if I have trouble with everyone!" AJ apologizes.

"Well let's just say thanks to your accident Prince Maxis has decided to go for therapy!!" said Butler James. AJ looked at him in surprise and looked at Anna again from Anna's expression . It must have been true that Prince Maxis really agrees with it.

"Yes...he said that he failed to protect you when the bookshelves fell. When I walked in he was on the fall removing the debris that fell onto you, I ran out of the room and managed to get two of the guards to help, when they managed to pull you out he was very worried. He shouted at all of us to make sure to save you first!" Anna explained, she still could not get Prince Maxis's reaction out of her mind. The Prince was crying and begging AJ not to go, Anna thought maybe because he did not want anyone in his life to leave just like his mother but somehow deep in her heart she felt there was some other reason he was crying and begging, he even agreed to get himself treated.

"I will tell Prince Maxis that you have woken up, rest for another day or two, when you feel better you may start working." Butler James advised her before he left them.

"AJ, are you really ok?" asked Anna again just in case AJ was lying and told them she was ok when she was not.

"I'm fine, don't worry about it! But is he really alright? How did he get on the floor?"

"I'm not sure but when I walked in he was already on the floor, maybe he fell and dragged himself to help you! Don't worry, Prince Maxis is alright. Dr. Flizz had checked him and nothing was wrong with him."

"Oh...Ok!" said AJ as she laid her back onto the pillow.

"I'll get you something to eat...you just rested alright!" said Anna as she stood up and walked out of the bed to get AJ something to eat since she was unconscious the night before. AJ looked at the clock beside her and it was already shown it was almost 11pm. She must have been out the whole day. AJ started to feel bad, she must have scared Prince Maxis till he fell out of the bed just to help her.

---

Right after Prince Maxis said that he wanted to to treat his legs, the physiotherapy doctor said that he can be cure long ago the moment he woke up but he refuse so now if he wanted to seek treatment for his legs it will take some time but he would definitely walk again if he work hard and with that Prince Maxis went for the therapy right away.

Butler James told AJ to have a week off so that she could be fully checked in the main hospital and rest more. A week later, AJ opened the gym door, the nurse and the physiotherapy doctor were there too, Prince Maxis was on the massager bed while the doctor started to do the therapy. AJ walked in and smiled at him, Prince Maxis who was looking at the door was surprised to see her walk in.

"AJ!!" cheered Maxis when he saw her, he turned to the doctor and asked him to give him 5 minutes. Dr Anthony agreed, he got down from the massager bed and went to the side to give Prince Maxis and AJ some space. Dr. Anthony did notice when AJ walked into the gym Prince Maxis smiled for the first time he met the prince.

"Wow Bearman you looked different...Bearman finally learned to shave!!" tease AJ when she saw how Maxis has shaved his beard and cut his long hair away, finally she can see the real him. Prince Maxis smiles as she teases him, by the sound of her teasing he knew that she was alright.

"You sound the same!!"

"Do you think that accident might have made me nicer to you?"

"I did hope but it would not be fun if you did!!"

"Aww...you miss me!!" said AJ again which made Maxis' cheek turning red. He did miss her and her sarcastic comment and their talk.

"Are you really ok? " said Maxis, concerned that AJ is still injured during the accident.

"I am fine, I have been checked again when I wake up, I eat and sleep well but.."

"But what??"

"You!! Are you really okay? I heard from Anna that when she found you, she saw you on the floor...did you fall down to save me?" asked AJ. Maxis looked down and remembered that afternoon, it scared him to know that he almost lost her.

"I thought I would lose you when the shelves fell and you were under the debris. When they pulled you out and you were unconscious I thought I would lose you. Just like how I lost my mother, I did not want to lose you too." Maxis expressed what he felt that afternoon.

"You are not going to lose me anytime soon Bearman...I promise you!!" said AJ as she smiled at him, looking at AJ's smile made his heart flutter a feeling that he had not felt for a very long time.

"Let's get to work alright!!" said Dr Antony as he started the therapy again. AJ helps Maxis to lay on the massager bed and the therapy starts again. With AJ by his side he knows that in no time he would walk again he just needs her by his side and all of his worry and sadness is gone. 

----

Please comment and vote. Thank you and stay safe.