Silver

I walked to the press conference with Sofie by my side. "So it's gonna be you, Dan, Max, Lewis and Valtteri." "Ok cheers.". I hope things with Max and I would be chill as we still haven't spoken since the party in Austria.

"Welcome everybody to the press conference for the Silverstone GP. From left to right we have Daniel Ricciardo, Max Verstappen, Carolin Zwesper, Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas. Frist question please."
"Natalie Pinkham here for Sky. My question is for Lewis. How does it feel to be back in front of a home crowd?".
"Oh it feels so special. The fans mean everything to us. They support us and I hope we can give back to them.", Lewis answered in his professional Lewis way.
"Thank you. next question please."
"Hi Kai Ebel here. My question is for the Red Bull and Toro Rosso athletes. How did the dynamic in the team change now that you work closer together?"
"Well Hallo! Es is gut", Daniel said in his very best German which made me laugh. "Yes it's been cool. Obviously I can learn a lot from them and working closer together is also a lot of fun. I hope they agree. If not? Just cut this part out.", I chuckled. "Ah you're alright girlie.", Daniel joked. "Thank you." "And you Max?"
"I like it it's nice. Working with Zwesper and Brendon has been good.", Max said really nonchalant. Ok what has rubbed him the wrong way. "Way to be enthusiastic Max", Daniel whispered.
The next questions were all for Valtteri and especially Lewis.
Max didn't look at me once and to be honest I felt some tension but not the good kind.

After the press conference I left fairly quickly as I didn't feel welcome. "Hey squirt hold up!", Daniel called after me. "Hi Dan. How you doing?", I smiled at him. He threw his arm around me. "Goodie and you? I heard about a certain someone.", he wiggled his eyebrows. I blushed. "I'm good. So I guess George and me and aren't that sneaky after all.", I chuckled and hid my face in my hands. "You happy?"
"Yes I am.". "Good and don't worry about Max. He is in a mood again. And he has been for the last week. I'll see you tomorrow.", he waved goodbye and I left for my trailer.

Silverstone was a race I was looking forward to since I was a little girl.
The Friday went quite well for it being my first time on this track. P15 in FP1 isn't too shabby and P7 in FP2 made me happy.

"Carolin we have a debrief and then you can leave!", Markus called after me. "Ok I'll be there in a sec.", I said as I walked into my driver room cooling down a bit. It was rather warm this Friday in England we had 28°C and in the car this felt like a lot more. I got a towel and washed my face then packed my stuff and got to the conference room.
"So now that we are all here. Let's get started."

Esteban wanted to come round tonight so we could catch up. So I set up a dinner table and prepared some food. It wasn't too fancy but decent. Esteban and I had that sort of friendship we're you don't need to see each other or speak all the time but you know they are there for you whenever you need them. "Baby I'm here!", I recognised his voice immediately and ran over to him to hug him. "Hi it's been too long", I said still clinging on to him. "Yes but you're miss popular now. I don't blame you. Finally the world saw what I always knew. You are a star.", he spoke in a soft voice. "Thanks Esteban I really appreciate you always rooting for me."
We had a nice dinner and talk about racing but also our private lives. "So who is this girl I've been reading about on Twitter?", I asked him. "I met her in France she is perfect, I'll show you a picture. She makes me so happy.", he gushed. She was extremely pretty and made him happy so it's safe to say he hit the jackpot. "She looks gorgeous. If you guys have time I would love for us to meet up.". "I would like that very much. Let me ask her when I see her.".

Dinner was nice and Esteban left shortly after. I was getting ready for bed when I heard a knock on my door. "One second.", I shouted from my bathroom. Who is this? It's 11pm.
Just as I opened the door the person pushed me inside and closed the door behind him. "Well hello to you too Mr. Russell.", I chuckled and looked him up and down. "Hi sorry I just saw a pap and didn't want them to get pictures of us two.", he said and took of his shoes. Call me crazy but in Austria you take of your shoes when you are in someone's home. I despise wearing shoes in an apartment or anything of that sorts. So everybody has to take their shoes off at the door when they enter my motorhome.
"Hi.", he said, smiled at me and kissed me. "Hi", I whispered.
"I hope it's ok I came?", he asked while I went back to bathroom finishing getting ready for bed. "Yes sure I'm just about to go to bed though.", I explained while washing my face. George stood behind me hands on my waist:"Can I stay?". "Yes.", I said.
We got into bed and I felt content lying in George's arms. "Good Night beautiful.", was the last thing I make out before I drifted off.