at the grimaldi's

Today I'm leaving for Monaco. Weirdly I was kind of nervous to see Stoffel. He wanted to pick me up from the airport and in the end got his way since I am too young to rent a car. "I'll even allow you to drive.", he said.
The trip was very relaxed and I was happy when I landed in Nice. But my heart rate picked up when I thought about being picked up by Stoffel. Heart please get a grip! It's Stoffel. I don't remember ever being so nervous about seeing someone. I waited for my best friend and sat down on one of the unoccupied benches.
"Hi", Stoffel whispered in my ear from behind. I jumped a bit at the sudden closeness of our bodies. "Hi.", I turned around to hug him. "I missed you.", he whispered. "Me too.".
He took my luggage and lead me to his car. "So you wanna drive?", he asked while he put my stuff in the trunk. "I'm actually pretty tired so you can drive.", I smiled. "Then sleep babe. I'll wake you when we are home."

"Lin wake up. We're here.", Stoffel softly woke me up. I rubbed my eyes like a little child. "Don't you look cute.", he said and chuckled at my appearance. "Hey! I'm tired.", I said while crossing my arms. "Since when is being cute bad?", he asked while gathering my stuff. I huffed in response.
Stoffel's flat was on the top floor. The living room had big windows which let all the sunlight in. His balcony was massive and you had a really nice view from it. "Your flat is gorgeous. Can I stay forever?", I awed. I fell in love with everything in and about this flat. "You can stay as long as you like.", he said. "So I didn't know about the... um sleeping... I did fix up the guest room and my room too... Yeah.. I didn't- I don't know how you decided...", he scratched the back of his neck. His nervous tick. "Have you? I mean decided.", his eyes starred straight into mine. "Uhm I think so.", I found this all very uncomfortable to talk about. The aeroplane ride gave me time to think and I'm quite sure I now know what my heart desired more. "So I'm guessing the guest room?", Stoffel looked defeated. Ok, why is he so sad all of a sudden? "What?", I was confused. "You decided and it's him. I understand. So the guest room.", Stoffel explained himself. "When did I ever say I chose Max?", I asked. "I assumed...", he said with a small voice. "Well don't. I'm in no need for the guest room.", I stated. Where my confidence came from? I don't know. He looked puzzled and slowly but surly a smile started to form on his face. He threw his arms around me and twirled us around. "Stoffel!", I laughed and screamed as he nearly dropped me.
We put my stuff into his room. "How about we chill today? You still seem knackered and I'm kinda worn out because of the training. We could order Pizza and watch movies?", he seemed really excited about that idea. "Sounds lovely except for the pizza. I need to watch my weight.", I moaned. "I think you need to put on weight babe. Don't take this the wrong way but you look extremely skinny these days.", he looked worried. I walked over to him and hugged him. "Don't worry. I just lost a bit in the last few weeks. I still sneak in my occasional McDonalds. You know I love food.", this moment showed me again how much my best friend cares about me. "Ok.", he said still in our embrace. "You know what? Let's get pizza. I'm actually really craving it.", I chuckled and I felt him relaxe in my arms. I knew he wouldn't be satisfied with me just reassuring him I'm eating enough.  Well, why do you wonder? "Sorry I know you hate that topic.", he apologised while he retreated from the hug. "Let's just forget about it. You'll order the pizza. I'll choose the movies.", I smiled and kissed his cheek.
Of course I picked my favourites: Finding Nemo, Brokeback Montain and Harry Potter 1-7.2. Stoffel only owned these movies because I gifted them to him. Well it was more of a gift to myself but who cares. "We are not watching Harry Potter again Lin. Put those back.", he complained when he entered his bedroom. "Ok.", I sighed in defeat. "Pizza will be here in 20.", he sat down on his bed where I already laid on my stomach.
"So...", Stoffel started. "So.", I said. "You decided and it's not Max. Is it wrong to assume it's me them?", he asked timidly. My face went red when he started talking about us. "Uhmm...",I couldn't form a sentence. "I know you hate talking about stuff like that but it's me. Your best friend. And I really need to know.", he took my hands in his. "I already said it's not Max so what's there to talk about.", I tried to dodge it. "Lin... Please just say it once.", he looked deeply into my eyes. I sat up and took a deep breath.

"I like you.", I said while looking down on the bedsheets. "I like you too.", he put his finger under my chin and tilted my head up. His piercing orbs starred into mine and I felt safe. "Sorry it took me so long.", I whispered. "Better late then never.", he whispered back. I hugged him and he laid us down in bed. "I'll put in Finding Nemo I can't do Brokeback Mountain today.", he said and pressed a kiss to my cheek. I watched him closely as he manoeuvred around his bedroom collecting pillows, blankets and putting in the movie. He is precise in everything he does and you wouldn't ever think that something he stars won't work. In addition to being my best friend he also was easy on the eyes so me falling for him shouldn't come as a surprise. The doorbell ringed and Stoffel went to get the pizza meanwhile I cuddled up to a blanket and assigned the pillows just how I like them. "Lin I got you Hawaiian.", Stoffel announced as he walked into the room with the steaming food. " You are perfect!", I exclaimed. No one ever bought hawaiian pizza because they all thought it was disgusting. "No you are.", he said and plopped down next to me. I grinned up at him.
We started the movie and about 20 minutes in we both finished our pizza and put the cartons on the floor. "Come here.", he grabbed me and pulled me into him. I nuzzled my face in his neck because it felt natural. We did this before our confessions too. "Stop it that tickles.", Stoffel complained. "Stop complaining. I need love.", I said and snuggled into his chest.
To be honest I didn't really get much of the movie because I was looking at Stoffel the whole time. "You know, it's rude to stare.", he chuckled. I felt like I got caught stealing something and immediately froze. "Relax I have to admit I stare at you a lot too.", his fingers brushed lightly over my face. "Creep.", I joked to diffuse the tension. "Oh no you didn't.", he started tickling me.
"Stoff stop I can't breath!", I laughed and screamed. I kicked trying to get him to stop and I had tears running down my face. "Have I ever told you you are absolutely beautiful?", he softly said. "Stop", I moaned and turned my face away. "I mean it. Absolutely beautiful.", he said.