air

Charles and I talked about a lot and I grew to really like the Monegasque. "Oh it's late already. I should go. It was a really nice evening and thank you for the food.", Charles thanked me. "Thanks for keeping me company.", I walked him to the door and wished each other a good night.

I looked at my phone for the first time in a few hours and saw a bunch of messages from Stoffel but also some of Kalle, Markus and Max?

Babe can I come over? ~ Stoff ❤️
Lin?~ Stoff❤️
Ok. Text me when you see this. I just wanna cuddle~ Stoff❤️
Ok I guess you are either asleep or doing something. If you want you can come by later x ~ Stoff❤️

Upps... I missed quite a few messages. I decided to text him back immediately.
Sorry... Charles came over and apologised. I lost track of time. Is the offer still up? I could really do with a cuddle...x ~ Lin
Yes. ~ Stoff❤️
I made my way to Stoffel's hotel-room and knocked on his door.
"Come in. It's open.", I heard his faint voice through the door. "Hi.", I felt a bit bad because I missed all of his messages. He was laying on his bed and the television was on. "I'm sorry,", crawled over to him. He didn't lift his eyes off of the tv. "It's fine.", he huffed. "I can see it's not.", I said and sat up next to him. "What do you want me to say? That I'm thrilled that you had dinner with another guy and forgot about me?", he was clearly angry. "I'm sorry... Don't be angry.", I took his hand in mine. He sat up and faced me. "I'm not angry. It's just you are a very pretty girl and anyone can see that. The drivers do talk about you. About how hot you are and if they had the chance they would go there. It's really annoying. And then you tell me you had dinner with one of them... I'm just jealous.", he admitted. "Stoff you know I would never...", I looked straight into his piercing orbs. "I know you wouldn't but it's them I worry about.", I cuddled into him. "Don't. The second they try anything they are gonna get it. I don't care who or what they are. I like you and only you!", I kissed him.
„I know I'm sorry. I'm supposed to be the grownup here.", he chuckled.
„So you are leaving tomorrow too right?", I asked all cuddled up to Stoffel. „Yes. But I have to go to England on Wednesday.So I only have 1 and a half days in Monaco. Why?", he turned to face me. „Nothing specific. I also leave on Wednesday.".

I fell asleep somewhere in the middle of Stoffel's lengthy explanation as to why Harry Potter possibly could really be as great as I always say.

The next morning was rushed because we both needed to get to the airport. We were on separate flights. Mclaren had s private jet and Torro Rosso shared their's with Red Bull Racing. „Hey squirt! How you doing?", I was greeted by Daniel. „Alright still a bit pissy. What about you?", I plopped down next to him. „I'm alright. Kinda yearning for my own bed to be honest.", he smiled st me and I had say it was really infectious. „Me too.".
„Hi Dan, hi Caro!", Max walked into the plan. „Hallo.", I said. „I'm so tired. Dilara wouldn't stop texting and calling.", I looked at him anf he indeed did look disheveled and tired. Bags under his eyes and a constant frown completed his look. "Mate. I told you she wasn't gonna take it that well. I mean you did date for more than a year.", Dan said. "I just hoped she understood why this had no future. She doesn't love me and I don't love her. What's the use? I broke it off because I wanted to be the mature one. Now she is going kinda psycho.", soMax broke up with his girlfriend. "I think you did the right thing. Nobody wants to be the one that got strung along. In the long game you did her a favour.", I said and Max smiled. "You are about the first one that said I did the right thing". "Whatever benefits you and feels good for you is the right thing", I said. "You sure you are 19 kiddo?", Daniel chuckled. „Idiot."

Dan and Brendon decided to  sleep since the flight from Montreal to Nice takes quite some time. Max on the other hand was super fidgety and it was making me nervous.  „Max is something up?", I asked after an hour of debating wether I should or not. „Yes. But don't worry. I need to fix this myself.", he said. „Maybe I could help. You are making me really nervous with all your pacing.", I admitted. „I'm sorry. I just don't know anymore. All this stuff with Dilara. She was cheating on me, I cheated on her. It was a toxic relationship but she won't see it. Whenever she calls or texts my heart starts beating crazy fast but not the good one more like a heart attack.", he buried his head in his hands. „Max this might sound like the most generic and done to death phrase but time will heal everything. Believe me in 1-2 months time her calls will do nothing to you.", I rubbed his shoulder. He looked into my eyes and took a few breaths. „Thank you. Stoffel is really lucky to have such a great girl as his girlfriend.", he said and held the gaze. „Well for a very long time Stoff was the only person that liked me at all.", I said and broke the stare. „I find it hard to believe that. I mean you are really great.", he reassured me. "Thanks. How about a round of Uno?", I asked and tried not to grin like a cheshire cat.