Spielberg

"Thank you for the interview and see you in Spielberg. (Danke für das Interview und bis Spielberg)", Ernst Hausleitner said as we finished the Interview. "Danke", I said and nodded as I left the room with Sofie. "That went smooth. Nice answers and really sympathetic.", she praised me. "Thank you. I did rehearse the answers", I chuckled. "I noticed but still nicely done.", she winked.
We walked back into the dressing room to see Max in his phone. "No I told you it's over. We can't do this anymore. - Dilara we've been over this way too often. Now you want me back next week you don't. This is just a mess.- Yes. No. Ok I'll see you round.". "Sorry it wasn't my intention to snoop.", I said as he looked at me. "No don't worry. How was the interview?", he asked me trying to diffuse the tension. "Ähm good I think. He was really nice and I think it went well.", I answered truthfully. "So let me get finished and than how about I'll show you around my hometown?", I asked Max. "Sure I'd like that.", he smiled.

Vienna is a beautiful city and truth be told I didn't even know what I should show Max. "So do you want like the ultra touristy tour or some hidden gems or is there anything in particular you wanna see?", I asked him once we went to our car. "Well I would like to see the Stephansdom I thinks it's called and maybe where you grew up?", he seemed timid abut the last one. "Ok sure. Let's get to my childhood area first and than we can go to Stephansdom.", I smiled. My family wasn't really wealthy so I was a bit embarrassed to show Max around the area as it wasn't the most glamours and fancy.  After a 20 minute drive from the ORF headquarters we were in my old area. I lived near a big park and actually it was quite a nice place in Vienna. "It's really slow paced around here, or not?", Max asked as we got out the car.  "I guess everything is slow paced compared to London. It's basically a working class area with not many people all too wealthy and as you can see lost of parks and schools. I liked it here.", we sat down on a park bench. It was weird to be back here. My parents still lived around here but Max didn't have to know that. "I like it. Seems like a nice place to grow up in." "It is.".
We sat on that park bench for some time talking about nothing in particular. "I don't know about you but I'm actually hungry.". "Me too. Do you wanna grab something? And then we can leave for the old city.", I asked Max. "Ja."

We had some food which of course had to be fairly healthy and walked around the city. I showed Max all of the places I loved as a kid and the ones I still liked a lot. As nervous as I was for this day to come I had to admit it was very chill. There wasn't even one situation were I felt awkward with Max. Truth be told I was acting like an idiot the last few days. I knew I had to admit this to Max but what was I supposed to say : Sorry for acting like a 14-year-old? Maybe not the best idea. I knew I liked Max and I also knew that if he ever was to ask me out I would say say. But I also knew that it would never happen and would be a stupid idea seeing as we are rivals .  Additionally I did tell him that I didn't want a relationship. Why did I have the brain of a literal 14-year-old. Changing my mind in about 7.3 seconds... "What are you thinking about?", Max brought me back to the now. "Oh just my questionable choices and ideas. Nothing important.", I smiled. As if I was going to tell him. Just then my phone went off with a text from Sofie.
The car is leaving in 30 from Hotel Bristol. Be on time please! - Sofie PA

"So apparently the car back to Styria is leaving in 30 minutes. So we should probably get going.", I announced. "Ok let's go then."

I was on my phone the whole way back to Graz. I knew we only had about half an hour to pack up our things and then we would leave for the Red Bull Ring. I must say that staying in a motor home wasn't the most comfortable thing but when you compare it to regular camping it truly was luxurious. I saw that I had a text from Lando and went on to open it.
Can you call me? It's quite urgent? - milk boi
I called his number and he picked up after the first ring.
L: "Hi sorry to bother you? Are you still in the car with Max?"
C: "Hi. Yes I am, why?"
L: "Stoffel just arrived at the track and he's kinda livid."
C: "What why?", I was confused.
L: "Well apparently there are some pictures of you and Max in Vienna. I thought things between you two are good. And that Max and you are just friends?"
C: "Well I thought so too. But what do you expect me to do now.", I was getting a bit annoyed at the situation.
L: "Nothing sorry that I wanted to warn you.", now Lando was annoyed.
C: "Lando... why are you mad now?"
L: "sorry I don't know."
C: "Look how about I come round your motorhome when we get to the track. We could have dinner together?"
L: "Sure. Love you."
C: "Love you too. See you."
"Is everything alright?", Max asked and looked kinda concerned. "Mhmm I don't know but it's gonna be. Thanks for caring.", I gave him a little smile.

After getting all my stuff from the hotel we left for Spielberg right away. And after a short ride we finally arrived there. I was sat in the car with my earphones in at all times. Lando's call really dampened my mood.
"See you later squirt.", Dan called after me as I left for my motor home with Sofie and I just waved.
"Is it ok if I just leave my stuff here and go to Lando's? Or do we have anything planned for today?", I asked Sofie. "No you are free to go.", I nodded to her reply and left for Lando's trailer.

I didn't bother to knock and just went it. "Hey.", he greeted me from his couch. "Hi.", I plopped down next to him feeling drained. "Tough day?". "Well it started out ok and the interview went well. It was a fairly good one but you call kinda put an end to that.", I spilled. "You know that wasn't my intention. I just thought it would be nice if you knew before meeting him here.", he said and put an arm around my back. "Yeah I know.", I cuddled into his side. "The idiot went around accusing you of lying. He asked me, Alex, Hulk and a few more... He was also looking for you but I told him to leave you alone.". "But I gotta go talk to him. Lando he was or is one of my best friends. He is family and not just some ex.". We sat on the couch together just enjoying each other's company. "Do you wanna have tea first or talk to Stoffel?", Lando asked. "I gotta go talk to him. He's probably driving himself insane.", I kissed Lando's cheek. "Thanks for being the best. I'll be back in a bit.", I left his motor home and looked for Stoffel's which was with the other F1 drivers.
It was hard to miss the bright orange busses and caravans so I found it fairly quickly. Thankfully the doors had name tags on them so I knew which one belonged to Fernando. I knocked on the door and felt my heart rate increasing by a significant amount. "Who's there?", I Heard- his voice from the inside. "Me, Carolin.", I croaked. Thanks voice for being reliable in situations like these. I heard the door being unlock and then there he stood. He looked stone cold and not like my Stoffel at all. "What do you want?", he asked emotionless. I felt nervous and uneasy. "Can I maybe come inside? I need to talk to you.", I asked still not trusting my voice. "Why? I've already seen it. No need for fake explanations and whatever else's you wanted to say.", he definitely was mad, no not mad livid. "Stoff please?", I pleaded. I felt the tears welling up in my eyes. This was one of the people closest to me and to see him like that hurt. "Lin...", ai pushed past him into his caravan. "Stoff this can't go on like this. Why are you pissy again?", I was frustrated. "You told me you don't want a boyfriend with that I can live but then you replace me with Verstappen?", he was getting louder. "I have not replaced you! Do you even listen to yourself? How did you get the impression that I replaced you?", I was getting irritated and spoke quite loud. "Oh let me see. Maybe because of this!", he shoved his phone into my hands. It showed pictures of Max and myself today in Vienna. It looked harmless in every way. "And it's us in Vienna. We aren't even touching?". "But you took him!", he shouted. And there it was the real reason for all of this. "Stoff..", I walked over to him and touched his arm. He turned away. "You didn't even think of asking me.", he sat down on his bed and seemed a lot calmer. "That's right but just because I didn't wanna bother you. Max and Daniel were already there with me and Max just offered to come along. I'm gonna be 100% honest with you. Yes I wouldn't say no if Max would make a move but I'm never trying to hurt you. And if it bothers you that much then I will keep my distance. Because I can live without him but I can't live without you.", I sat down next to him. He put his finger under my chin and turned my face to look at him. "You are not gonna do that. I'm sorry. I'll get over it it's just hard to loose you to anyone.". "You'll never loose me!", I pecked his cheek. And held onto his hand.