date or no date

It felt like only seconds passed when I heard someone knock at my door. "Carolin wake up. We have to leave in 15 minutes.". I climbed out of bed completely knackered and opened the door. "Rise and shine.", Max joked. "Oh f*** off.", I grumpily said and motioned for him to come in. "Wow how lovely you are today.", he chuckled and sat down on the armchair that was in my room. "Sorry I just hate being woken up. Just wait here and watch TV or something I'll be ready in 5 minutes.", with that I sprinted to my luggage and took out some team gear and a shirt to put under it for coffee afterwards. Black skinny jeans, a Toro Rosso shirt and some Nike Air Force 1's and I'm good to go. I touched up my mascara and left the bathroom. "I'm ready let's go.", I announced grabbed my bag and left the room with Max trailing behind me.

"Oh wow sleeping beauty finally in a better mood.", Daniel joked. "I am don't ruin it.", I smiled.
We arrived at the location and there were a lot of people there. I knew that Max was gonna drive the car up Schloßberg and back.To be honest I was really happy about that because I already felt nervous just being here.  A crew member came over to us and explained everything. "So there is gonna be a quick interview round, then Max is gonna hop in the car and you two watch and in the end we ask him how it was and wish you good luck for the race.", all three of us nodded. "Alright please walk up the stage... now!", he instructed and we went up the stairs like penguins.
"Herzlich willkommen Daniel Ricciardo, Max Verstappen und Carolin Zwesper! (A very warm welcome to...).", the commentator screamed and the crowd roared. The three of us waved and I was trying to keep my cool. "Breath.",Daniel whispered in my ear. We went to the front of the stage where each of us had a seat assigned to them. "Willkommen. Meine Damen und Herren die Fahrer von Red Bull Racing und Carolin Zwesper von Toro Rosso. Carolin beginnen wirklich bei dir. Wie geht's? (Welcome. Ladies and Gentleman the drivers of Red Bull Racing and Carolin Zwesper of Toro Rosso. Carolin let's start with you.  How are you?)", the interviewer asked. "Sehr gut! ich freue mich schon sehr auf Spielberg mit den ganzen Fans. Das wird bestimmt atemberaubend. (Very Good! I am really looking forward to Spielberg with all of the fans. It's gonna be breathtaking for sure.)", I answered and smiled from ear to ear.
The interview went on and then it was time for Max' showrun. "Don't Crash!", Daniel jokingly shouted over to Max who was getting ready. I slapped his arm for that. "Don't be mean.", I just said. "I hope he goes slowly the streets are freaking narrow.", I was quite nervous. "Caro that boy can drive through Monaco with his eyes closed. Don't worry. ", he threw his arm around me. "I'll try.".

Max was ready and started the car. Instantly the sound which we all loved very dearly was heard. "Meine Damen und Herren. Max Verstappen!", with that he went off. He nearly touched some walls it never actually did it. The people were loving it. "See you didn't need to worry. Don't tell him I said that but he's f******** good.", Daniel whispered and chuckled. "He knows Dan.", I chuckled.
We were already backstage where no one could see or hear us. "You know when you went for a little nap back at the hotel one very excited and giddy Max came to my room. He told me about your date?", Daniel wiggled his eyebrows. I felt my face get hot and tried to hide behind my hair. "Aha so it is a date!", the Australian exclaimed. "Sush!", I clapped my hand over his mouth. "I don't know. I don't wanna label it cause labeling things makes it uncomfortable. I don't know if he wants this to be a date and I don't know if I want it to be. All I know is that I am looking forward to getting coffee with him.", I explained to Daniel. "Well young one let me tell you one thing: of course he wants a date with you just like Stoffel wanted and like Charles, Lance and Lando want", he sat opposite me and went all big brother on me. I had to chuckle at his claim. "Riiiight Daniel. Just because I'm a girl not every driver under 25 excluding Stoff who is single wants a date with me. And Lando ? Are you having a laugh?", If he tried to get me to think about something else he succeeded. "Oh no young lady let me tell you. I swear Charles and Lance want one because they talked about that on the paddock. About Lando I think you look cute together so yes. I see potential. Lastly the one and only Maximus. Trust me he wants this to be a date but if you don't want it just tell him. He'll be mad at first but in the long run it's better. He tends to get overwhelmed by his feelings so just be gentle. And if you want it to be a date then tell him too. Cause that boy is helpless with reading girls.", Daniel was like my big brother. I mean I already had one but like a substitute version while I am on the road.
Just when Daniel finished his monologue . Max walked in dressed in normal clothes again. "Hey are you ready?", he asked me. I was startled as I didn't hear him come. "Uh sure just let me get rid of this shirt.", without hesitation I pulled my shirt off. "Woah kids keep it PG!", Daniel screamed when he saw. We just chuckled. "So I'm gonna go back to the hotel you two kids do what kids do these days. Have fun.", he left but not without giving me another look.

"Can we go?", Max asked and I nodded. "So I asked the hotel staff for a nice cafe where there aren't so many people. Something not that crowded. She recommended this one. Is it ok?", he showed me some pictures online. It looked dead cute and cozy. "Yeah looks really nice.", I smiled at him. I feared that there would be this awkward silence but that wasn't the situation at all. "So how did you like the showrun?", I was curious because it looked quite stressful. "A bit of a pain to be honest. The streets are so narrow that I thought I was gonna touch a wall any second. Also I couldn't go that fast so yeah I definitely prefer racing on track.", Max looked over at me and smiled. "I was nervous.", said in a hushed voice. "Why?", he looked concerned. "Don't get me wrong I know you are an amazing driver but every corner that you took I held my breath.", I admitted to him and looked into his eyes. He seemed confused and worried. "You do know that I wasn't going flat out or anything, right? I promise I wasn't taking risks at any point.", this calmed me down a bit. "Sorry I wasn't insinuating that you are reckless. I just could not bear it if you had a crash. I hate seeing people crash.",I played with my fingers. Max took my hands into his and squeezed them. "I will never deliberately crash believe me.", I looked into his eyes and nodded.