Anna

"How has life been treating ya", Lando asked. "Oh you know. I got to Formula 1 before you did, so I guess pretty good. Stoffel and I are good.", I trailed off. I knew Lando for years now but talking about boys with him always felt weird. "Linny I know you too well to ignore this. What's the matter?", he threw his arm around my shoulder. "You know I can't talk about this stuff. I'm awkward.", I blushed. "You can and you will. It can't be worse than that time we had our first kiss together and we both had braces. For an hour we thought that maybe they could get stuck in each others.", Lando chuckled. I started laughing at that memory. "Please never mention this to anybody.", I said between the laughs. "Well tell me then."
I took a deep breath. "Well the thing is I really really really like Stoff and he is like picture book perfect. But whenever I wanna go further he blocks me. And I'm scared that it's either because he thinks I'm ugly or because I have never done it before. please don't laugh at me.", I rambled. "Wow ok that's a load of information. Firstly it can't be because your ugly cause you're not. Secondly I always thought you done it with that lover boy in Austria.", I was feeling ashamed. "I know it's really alien for a twenty-year-old but there was never a right time or guy.", I buried my face in my hands. Lando must've sensed my discomfort and took my hand into his. "Linny I didn't wanna upset you. Who cares? You are beautiful and any guy can count himself lucky to get your love. It's not weird it just shows that you are not easy which to be honest is really reassuring for me. I mean who wants a easy woman as one of their best friends.", now I had to chuckle. "Idiot.". "There is the smile I missed.",we hugged and I felt safe. "I'm sorry Linny but I have to go. McLaren wants me back in the garage.". "That's fine. But don't be a stranger.".
It wasn't long after Lando left that there was another know of my motorhome. "One sec!", I called as I currently was getting rid of Lando's glass. I ran to the door to open it. "Hi.", Max greeted. "Hi come in.", I was nervous since I didn't know what the nature of this meeting was. "Do you want anything to drink? I'm sorry about the mess. ", I was a wreck. Get a grip Carolin! "No I'm fine. Thanks though.". I looked at him and he looked at me. No one knew what to say. "So.", he started. "Why don't we sit down?", I asked and motioned over to the sofa. "Sure that would be good.".

The silence was torture. I mean it's not like I've never talked to Max before. "So I asked to meet you because I need to tell you something. The more I think about it though I'm not sure if it's a good idea. I'm not even sure if it's my place to say. On the other hand I feel like you need to know.", I was even more confused than before and Max must've noticed it by the look on my face. "Ok you know what I'll show you.", he got his phone out tapped on it a few times and handed it over to me.
I felt like I was paralysed. This can't be true. "I'm sorry. I just thought you should know.", I couldn't really hear him. My heartbeat being ever so prominent in my ears.
Stoffel Vandoorne to be replaced at McLaren
That's what the headline said. "But McLaren was his only option. There is no plan B. This better just be a rumour.", I paced through the motorhome. "I wanted to come by and show you because I know you don't read this kinda stuff. It's fairly new.", he seemed guilty. "Why hasn't he said anything?", I whispered the tears in my eyes. "Look it's not easy for him. He was a GP2 champion and then after his first full season inF1 they kick him out? It can't feel nice. If it were me I wouldn't tell you either. You're his girlfriend and no one wants to seem like a loser in front of their girlfriend.", Max tried to explain the situation. "I hear you but he isn't just my boyfriend. I am also his best friend and that's something you tell your best friend.", I felt the annoyance coming through. "Look Max I'm sorry. I just feel left out and sad but you shouldn't be the one I take it out on.", I sat back down next to him. "This day is a big fat disaster.", I blubbered out. "Hey don't worry about me. I feel bad for telling you.", he put his arm around me and I cried. "God I'm such a baby. This is the second time today.", I chuckled while sobbing and wiping away my tears. "Don't worry my sister once cried like 6 times in an hour. I'm immune.", I had to chuckle at that and looked over to him. "Thanks.", his eyes were really blue.
"How about I take you to the hotel", he asked after I calmed down. "Sure that would be nice.", I smiled. "I'll just text Stoff.".
Max took me back to the hotel~ me
I was pissed at him and the situation. I must've looked really angry because everyone stepped away from me.

"Stop killing everyone with your looks.", Max chuckled. "Sorry.", I looked at the floor.
"Hey. You look like someone just died? What's up short stack?", all of a sudden Daniel was next to us. "Nobody just Stoffel's career.", I tried to joke even though this was s non joking matter. "You found out... Did he tell you or?", we reached the car park. "No I read an article.", my voice was monotone and far from my usual self. I didn't care that the photographers would have pictures of me sulking. I didn't even care about the rumours that would cone from this. All I could think about was Stoffel not being here next year. The tears welled up again. "Ok Max take her to the hotel now. Media doesn't have to see her crying.", Dan pressed a peck onto my hair and left for his own car. Max opened the car and we got in. "You can cry now the windows are tinted.", he said sympathetically.". "I won't cry. But thanks."

"So if you need something anything Dan and I are gonna play some Mario Kart and probably will grab something to eat afterwards. Just come over if you feel like it.", Mac hugged me. "Thank you. I'll try to talk to Stoffel but if it all goes tits up I'll swing by.", I smiled more like tried to smile at him and went in my room.
I took my phone to call Stoffel.
"Hi babe."
"Hi."
"Is something up?"
"Actually yes. And you know exactly what it is!", my voice was shaky by now.
"How?", he sounded broken.
"An article... Why couldn't you tell me? I sat there and had dinner with you and even asked if the news were about driving! You sat there and said no. Why did you lie to me? I'm your girlfriend and best friend, don't you trust me at all?", I was full on crying right now.
"Lin..."
"Don't Lin me. Tell me honestly how long did you know?"
"Why does it matter."
"How long?"
"A week.", his voice was small.
"Great. What kind of idiot do you think I am? I guess Fernando knew? Who else?"
"Mercedes, McLaren, Anna..."
"Excuse me what?!? You know what? I'm extremely angry and sad right now. And to be honest it's profoundly difficult for me to understand any choice you made in this matter. So I'm gonna end this here.".

The tears wouldn't stop coming. They were still flowing when I knocked on Max's door. When he saw me he immediately pulled me in. "Dan order some ice cream.", he call into the room.

"I'm sorry for crashing your game night.", I said sitting on the sofa. "No worries it was getting boring being beat by Maximus anyway.", Dan smiled.  It was silent for a moment but I broke it. "He told Anna.", I was looking down on my hands playing with them. "He told his ex but he couldn't tell me. I guess it was too good to be true. And actually I understand it. He is just at a different time of his life than I am. He loves me but it's not enough.", I tried to keep it together bit Max arm around me pushed me over the edge. "Can we call anyone for you? I'll even ring Ocon.", Max said. I sniffled, "Do you have Lando's number?". "Of course.", Max went to call Lando while Dan threw his arm around me. "I guess the only good thing to come out of this is that the bosses would be pleased by our team bonding.", he joked and actually made me crack a smile. "We should get a raise", I said. "Yeah apart from that kiwi. Always out with his wife. Not too keen on team bonding I guess.", he chuckled. "Brendon doesn't need to bond. Everyone likes him.", I stated.

Max came back in the room. "So Lando said he'd be about 10-20 minutes and he will bring you your favourite.", he announced. "Thank you. I'm sorry about this by the way. I just proved the prejudice right. Women are too emotionally weak for a sport like this.", I wiped my tears away.
"No way in hell that's true. When Max broke up with his last girlfriend he cried for two weeks.", Dan said. "Thanks mate.", Max looked unimpressed but I had to chuckle. "It's true! And when I got dumped at your age I was acting up like crazy. So don't doubt yourself. Also you are not broken up it's just a rough patch. You'll get over it.".
A little while later Lando knocked on the door and him and I left Max's room.
"That's not how I planned for this weekend to go.", Lando said and wrapped my crying self into his arms.