Grand Prix

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I tried to roll out of bed like I usually do but I couldn't cause something or rather someone was holding me close to their chest. "Stoffel we have to wake up. It's race day", I said to him while trying to untangle us. "But I like cuddling with you.", he was still very sleepy. "Stoffel I promise we can cuddle after the race but right now you need to go to your room. I'll see you at the track. ", I pushed him towards the door. "Ok ok just one second.", my best friend turned around and kissed me. "For good luck.", he whispered and left.
How about we don't confuse me before my first grand prix? No? Ok!
I got ready, ate some breakfast and before I could realise it I was in the van to my first race in the F1. "How are the nerves nerd?", Daniel asked. "Bad.", I felt sick. "Relax we all know you can do it.", Brendon told me, "I think what you need is a honey badger pep talk.", Daniel exclaimed. "Carolin we believe in you. And I personally will be pissed off if you don't do good enough to do a shooie with me.", he said. "That was next to the worst pep talk i've ever heard.", Max chuckled. "Sorry mate but Max is right.", Brendon agreed. "Just to be clear I will never drink anything out of your stinky, sweaty boot Ricciardo.", I laughed.

I got to my side of the garage. "Carolin we are ready hop in.", Markus told me. I jumped in. Why is it so tight in this car? I was placed on P13. I could see Stoffel's car on P10. "Carolin we just wanted to wish you good luck. We know you will do fantastic. Give it all you have and stay save.". I heard on my radio from Luca my head of strategy. "Thanks guys I will try to get some points.".
The Formation lap went smoothly for myself not so much for the Haas of Magnussen. His car stopped in turn 5. 
We all lined up on the grid.
This is it. Concentrate.
Lights out! Go!

And it's lights out and away we go! Fantastic start of Verstappen passing Vettel already. And it seems like Raikönnen has some issues with the car. Alonso in 6th and his teammate Vandoorne in 8th position. The second Red Bull made some contact with Bottas but both remained in their starting positions. We get a replay of the start just now!
Vandoorne excellent start making up two positions before the first corner. And quietly but nevertheless brilliant Zwesper with a powerful start catapulting herself into 10th position.".

"Caro the Stewards are telling us there is rain coming. Box next lap.", Luca said. "I don't see any rain but okay.", I answered. The race was going phenomenal I was still in tenth position which I gained right at the start. "Caro box box box", Luca transmitted.
I drove into the pit lane. The stop went smoothly and I lost no position.

"This race took a turn. Heavy rain pouring down. Verstappen must be happy."

"Oh no and Massa is out. He for sure will have something to say about this situation. "Crazy Stroll. He pushed me off". As we heard quite unhappy with the situation bit I don't think Stroll is to blame. Massa just lost control of the car. And the  fight for 8th positions is still going. After her near crash last lap Zwesper made up all the ground she lost to Vandoorne and Hülkenberg.  And she finds grip where only Verstappen does. Turn 7 Hülkenberg looses to Vandoorne and Zwesper round the outside. What a brilliant move by the young Austrian. "Great job Caro. Really nice. Keep pushing." Toro Rosso is happy with her."

"P8 Caro P8. Brilliant job. Absolutely brilliant. Well done!", Luca congratulated me. "WOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOO. Yes! Thank you so much. Thank you. Fantastic team effort. I couldn't have done it without you. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. GRAZIE!!!. Danke! Suck it haters!!! Hahahahah", I was bursting with joy. "Caro Helmut hier. Fantastische Leistung! Wirklich super!"(Caro it's Helmut. Fantastic effort. Really incredible.) "Danke", I transmitted back.
Max won the race ahead of Hamilton and Ricciardo. Vettel came in 4th then Bottas 5th, Alonso 6th, Ocon 7th, me 8th, Perez 9th, and Stoffel 10th. Hülkenberg was the first one without points.
I climbed out of my car and was immediately embraced by Stoffel. "Incredible. I mean I knew you could do it but - Wow! I'm so happy and proud. I'm at a loss for words.", Stoffel grinned like a Cheshire cat. "Thank you. I still haven't really realised it. It's an amazing feeling.", I grinned in sync with my Belgian friend. 
We looked at the scoreboard.
1. Verstappen
2. Hamilton
3. Ricciardo
4. Vettel
5. Bottas
6. Alonso
7. Ocon
8. Zwesper
9. Perez
10. Vandoorne
11. Hülkenberg 
12. Stroll
13. Wehrlein
14. Grosjean
15. Ericsson
16. Hartley
17. Magnusson
Out: Massa, Raikönnen, Sainz

"This is the best feeling ever. How could I ever doubt it?", I stood there in awe of everything. "I'm happy you think so now.", Stoffel put his arm around my shoulder. I just remembered what I did shortly before I got out of the car. "I said suck it haters on the radio. Was that bad?", I was biting lip. Stoffel just chuckled. "Have you heard what Seb says on the radio? It's fine trust me.", he smiled at me. We walked through all the official checks we had to.

"I wanna watch the award ceremony. Can I?", I asked Markus. "Sure we leave at 15:00. Be on time.". I ran out into the open to watch the ceremony. Max looked joyous as ever and Daniel grinned from ear to ear. Only Lewis didn't look 100% happy. The hymns were already played so now it was time for the interview. Mark Webber came an did them. "Max incredible race of yours. How are you feeling?", Mark asked. "I feel really great. I loved every minute out there today. Really happy.", he smiled like a child that just got offered chocolate. "You must really love the rain!", Webber chuckled. "Yeah I love it but to be honest I think Zwesper loves it too. I saw one of her moves in the cool down room. Incredible.", Max rambled. "Watch out she's gonna get us soon", you could hear the fait sjout of Daniel since he didn't have a microphone. "One second what was that Daniel?", Mark went over to Ricciardo. "I said: Watch out she's gonna get us soon. She was pushing cause she desperately wants to do a shooie with me.", Daniel laughed. Idiot. "Well good luck Carolin. Lewis what do you think about your performance?". "I think it was alright. Big thank you to the team they gave it all they had. I just wasn't good enough today. And thank you to the fans. Cheering us on in this nasty weather. Really happy to have your support.". That was basically the end of the interviews. I was still gazing up to the podium when I felt two arms snake around me. "AHHHH-", the person put their hand over their mouth.