lorenz

The restaurant had a really nice variation of dishes. "I'm gonna treat myself to a steak. Don't tell my PT.", Daniel grinned like a Cheshire cat. Brendon and Dan started a conversation about New Zealand and Australia a topic I couldn't really butt into. "So I heard about Massa's interview. I thought it was out of order and he needs to go back to kindergarden to learn some manners.", Max opened up the conversation. "I haven't even watched it. I hope it's not too bad but Stoffel already hinted that that might be the case.", I frowned a bit. "I wouldn't watch it if I were you. It's a load of bullshit and nobody needs to waste their time with that.", he smiled at me. "Thanks. And thank you for the interview. The stuff you said was really nice and yeah.. thank you.", I grinned a toothy smile. "I was just telling them my opinion. No need to thank me.", my brain blurred out everything around us. "Well thanks anyways. Are you excited for tomorrow?", I asked. "Yeah there's a chance of rain and I love rain so let's see. I feel confident. You?". "I'm excited but also very nervous. I hope everything runs smoothly.", I was honestly terrified. "You'll be fine. If you drive like you did in Q1 you're gonna smash some of us. And your long-runs were quite good too. Stay positive!", Max motivated me. "Thanks. I'm gonna try.". "So to take your mind off of racing... Do you have any siblings!", the Dutchman asked. "Yes a little brother, well not so little but he's five minutes younger though. But like 197cm tall.", I giggled. "You have a twin? That's so cool. What's his name?", he seemed really excited. "Lorenz.", I smiled. "So are you like twins that look exactly the same or the other kind?", he looked intrigued. I had to laugh at his way of describing the different types of twins. "You mean identical or fraternal?", I asked amused. "Yeah?",acting like he knew exactly what that was. "Fraternal. He looks very different. His hair is ginger and very tall. But we both have freckles. Lorenz' eyes are green and mine are brown. If you didn't know you wouldn't think we are twins, or siblings even.", I explained. Lorenz and I are very close. He is my biggest supporter next to Stoffel. He is still going to school back in Austria but is trying to convince our parents to let him take online classes and come travel with me. "You have a sister right?", I told him about my twin. "Yes Victoria. So I assume you guys are close?", he asked with a loving smile, at least it seemed loving to me. "The closest."
We didn't notice Brendon and Daniel leaving the table. "So it's quite late. I'm gonna go back to the hotel to meet my girlfriend. Are you gonna come too or wait for Stoffel?", my mood instantly sunk. He had a girlfriend? No stop it Lin! Firstly you just met the guy, secondly you don't know him and thirdly you promised yourself no boys. "Uhm I'm waiting for Stoffel but thanks. I had a really nice evening.", I smiled at him. "Me too. Goedenacht.", he hugged me and I was kinda stunned by that. "Gute Nacht."
I walked over to the McLaren team. "Hi. Did the others already leave?", Stoffel asked with a confused face as he spotted me. "Yeah they left. I wanted to ask if I could join you but I don't wanna disturb you.", I asked shyly. "Ah no you're welcome Carolin. Stoffel told me great things about you. Please join us.", Fernando invited me. The Spaniard smiled at me. "Ok I'll stay.", my mood brightened a bit.
"So Stoffel tells me you are Team Fernando?", Fernando asked. I had to grin like a cheshire cat. "Yes. I've always been Team Fernando. What other secrets has Stoffel told you?", I asked. "I didn't spill any secrets. I swear zuigeling!", Stoffel protested. "Sure you didn't?", I asked looking into his eyes. "Positive.", his piercing eyes stared straight into mine. We looked at each other for a few moments. Fernando broke the silence,"So Carolin tell me why doesn't Stoffel have a girlfriend?". It was an innocent question but something about the thought of Stoffel having a girlfriend put me off. "Uhhm... I don't know.", I tried to dodge the question. "I don't need one.", was Stoffel's answer. Fernando looked at him. "Ah I know!", now the teammates were communicating with their eyes which was seriously creepy. "Enlighten me?", I asked Stoffel. "Back in my room.", he whispered.
I felt very welcome at the McLaren team table. Fernando was hilarious and very down to earth. "So I think me and Carolin are gonna leave now.", Stoffel snickered while looking at me. My head was laid on my arms which were on the table. My eyelids felt heavy and I was trying my hardest to stay awake. I felt Stoffel's arms wrap around me and lift me up. "Thank you for welcoming me.", I said very sleepy, "Goodnight.". "Please come visit me in the garage.", Fernando pleaded. "I'll try for sure.", I smiled.

"Wow I haven't seen you this sleepy since New Years last year.", Stoffel chuckled. He had to hold me up so I didn't fall since my legs weren't doing the best at keeping me up. "Can you stay with me?", I asked him while yawning. "Maybe.", his tone was gentle and soft. Stoffel took my key card an opened the room. "So we're here. Go change and then straight to bed.".
I laid down on my bed but something or rather someone was missing. "Stoffel?", I sat up again. "Yes?". I took his hand and pulled him onto the bed. "Stay.", I looked into his eyes. "But Lin-", I interrupted his poor try to escape the situation. "Please I need you.", my hands still holding his tightly. "Fine.". "Thank you. I need you.",I yawned.
I felt Stoffel's arm around my waist, gently running it up and down my spine. "What would I do without you.", I whispered slipping into unconsciousness.