Kaffee mit laktosefreier Milch

We got to the café fairly quickly. Max chose a table for us and we got seated. "It's even cosier than what it looked like in the pictures", I said as I looked around the room. "What do you want to drink?", Max asked. "I don't know let's look at the menu.", I opened the menu and found that they had one of my absolute favourite drinks. Iced Matcha Latte with soy milk. "You look oddly happy now.", Max states with a confused expression written on his face. "Sorry I got really excited over a drink.", I chuckled and he chimed in. "If I had known it would be this easy to get you this happy before, I would have taken you out for coffee weeks ago.", he said. "But we weren't even friends weeks ago.", I answered back. It seemed like Max didn't know what to say but luckily the waiter came and took our orders. "Guten Tag! Was darf's sein? (Hello! What can I get you?)", he asked. "Einen Iced Matcha Latte mit Sojamilch bitte. (One Iced Matcha Latte with soy milk please)", he nodded. "Einen Cappuccino bitte. (One Cappuccino please.)", Max ordered. "Danke.", and the waiter left. "Why do we always talk English when you absolutely can speak German?", I asked. "I don't know. We can use German as a secret weapon because hardly anyone understands it.", Max suggested. "True. Or to annoy Daniel.", I grinned. "I actually don't know. Maybe because when we met everyone spoke English with each other and it just stuck.", Max raised his shoulder to emphasise his confusion. "I mean I don't mind I was just curious.", I said.
Our drinks came and I was so happy to finally take a sip of mine. "I've never seen anyone this happy about a drink.", Max laughed. "You've never seen Lando and his milk then.". "No I guess I haven't.". "Believe me. It's the funniest thing you will ever see. So what do you and Daniel have planned for tomorrow?", I took the first sip of my drink and felt like I was in heaven. "Nothing special. I think we are just staying in Graz until you are back and then we all leave for Spielberg and get settled in our motorhomes. Will you stay in your motorhome or in a hotel?", he asked. "Motorhome it was cheaper and easier to handle. That means you are chilling and I have to go give an interview. Fun.", my voice was dripping with sarcasm. "Yeah but the interviewer is really nice. I had some interviews with him also in Kitzbühel at the Hahnenkammrennen and he is always really nice. So don't worry. I'd actually would much rather go to Vienna than stay here.", I knew Ernst Hausleitner was a nice guy because all the guys form the grid told me but I was still very nervous. "I would rather have you two with me.", I blurted and saw Max' mimic change in a matter of seconds. "I can come if you want?", he immediately offered.
I was unsure about it. On the one hand I would like for him to be there for the sole reason of me not wanting to go alone. On the other hand I didn't want to spend too much time with him because I will develop feelings. It would be different if Daniel were there too but it didn't sound like Max intended for them both to come along. Why does it have to be so conflicting all the time? I really didn't know what to say. I think Max sensed my inhibition and said: "Only if you want me to. I don't mind staying here with Dan playing Fifa or something.". What do I say? Head or gut?
"Actually it would be lovely if you would come with me. But I gotta set something straight before and please let me talk and don't get mad. I don't want it to be awkward but I gotta tell you this now or else it's gonna be even weirder. I know you didn't say this was a date or anything but it kind of felt like one. 4 weeks ago I would have loved a date with you but after all this shit happening I don't wanna date for a bit. So yes... I'm sorry.", there it was I finally said the stuff I needed to say. "Oh alright... I got the impression you were up for it.", Max said. "I know and I'm sorry but I didn't know what I wanted. I don't really know now either but I decided on this way now. Under any other circumstances I would go on a date with you but not right now in this moment. And I can't be that selfish and string you along or ask you to wait. So I'm just making my point clear... I'm sorry for all the mixed signals. It's not that I don't want to it's more of a I can't right now. And I hope we can be friends at least.", I said quietly. "Of course we'll be friends. How did you know that I wanted this to be a date?", he asked stirring around in his cup. "Daniel might have said something.", I admitted. "Always ruining my love life that damn Aussie.", he mumbled under his breath. "Don't get mad.", I pleaded. "Nah don't worry. Can I just ask you for one thing. If you decide you wanna date again, will you hit me up first? And not Charles or Lando.", he asked and grinned at the last part. "What on earth do you all have with Lando and I? There is no me and Lando happening anytime ever.", I chuckled, "but yes. I'll tell you but only if you never push me off the track.". "Deal. And no worries I'll still come tomorrow if you still want that.". "Yes please."
We drank our drinks and left the café to go back to the hotel.

Can I call you ~me
Sure 😊 ~ milkboi🥛
I dialled Lando's number and he picked up straight away.
L: „To what do I owe this pleasure?", he answered the phone
C: "why are you so weird and why am I friends with you?", I chuckled.
L: "You love me. So what's up buttercup?"
C: "I am a mess. I'm really nervous for my interview , everyone bugs me about my dating life and I told Max that I just wanna be friends even though I'm not sure that that is the truth.", I blurted out everything.
L:"Wait a second what? Ok let's tackle this one subject at a time."
C:"I'm nervous for my interview."
L:"Ok don't worry. You got the approved questions right? So just go through all of them like 5-6 times so you have the answers already mapped out. And be yourself don't act all high and mighty. I'm mean not that I ever saw you do that, but you know."
C:"Ok. What do I do about the press? And them being only interested in my dating life?"
L:"You can't really do much other than not approving those questions and not talking about it. Let them be."
C:"and Max?"
L:"yeah young Lady? What about Max. One second you tell me you really fancy him and now you are telling me you told him you just wanted to be friends? Girl you are confusing me and I've known you for quite some time. So to be Max in this situation must be confusing as heck. Sometimes you are such a muppet. Get this weekend done and afterwards I'm gonna come to Monaco and we are gonna figure out this crap in your brain. That's not normal."
C:" I know and I'm so annoyed at myself. My mood switches like crazy. I told him that it wouldn't be fair of me to ask him to wait or to string him along. Am I completely stupid? As if he hasn't got 20 different options for every city we go to."
L:"he is a womaniser. That's for sure. But it's better to tell him than to be dishonest."
C:"Yes but I was really cringy.I seriously wanna put myself in therapy for being so stupid."
L:"Babygirl don't worry. It's gonna be fine I promise."
C:"Thank you for calming me down. What would so do without you?"
L:"Probably die of high blood pressure. Hate to ruin your cheery mood but how is it going with Stoff?"
C:"I don't know to be honest. We try to act like before but it feels different. I think we need time."
L:"but no bad blood?"
C:"None. But I was sure that there was never gonna be bad blood."
L:"Ok so I gotta board my plane. I love you and see you tomorrow."
C:"Thank you. Love you and see you."