Let's go back to my place

As I woke up I realized Daniel's apartment was really beautiful. „You know that this is the second time I've saved you from being  homeless.", Daniel joked. "Yes thank you. I am aware of that.", I said and slumped down on the couch. "Don't be like that. I love having someone around. You can stay with me anytime ok. there is just one condition: You have got to call Stoffel!", he threw his arm around my shoulder as he said that. "I know. And I gotta speak to Max. I kinda blew him off yesterday.".

I pulled out my phone and gave Stoffel a ring.
S: "Hey"
C: "Hi."
S: "Where are you?", he sounded worried.
C: "Daniel offered me his spare room for the night."
S: "Just for one night or longer?"
C: "No I'm gonna come home today. I'm acting like a child. I need to come home."
S: "I missed you. And I really hoped you weren't with Max."
C: "I wasn't."
S: "Thank you."
C: "So I'll be home in an hour or so."
S: "Ok. I'll be there."

With that out conversation ended. He hoped so wasn't with Max? I mean it does make sense but also it doesn't.  Does he really think I'm that kind of person to just jump onto the next guy? I thought he thought better of me than that.
"I'm sorry I listened. should I drive you home?", Daniel cane into the room. "That would be very nice. but first I need to see Max. Which floor is he on again 8?", Daniel looked unimpressed but nodded.

I took the elevator up to the 8th floor and knocked onto his door. "Ja kom gelijk!", I heard an angry sounding Dutchman.
He opened the door and didn't look really happy to see me. not happy at all to be honest.
"What do you want?", he asked harshly. I stood there dumbfounded and couldn't quite get a sentence out. "Wat wil je?", he asked again. "C-can I come in?", I asked meekly. His face didn't soften but he stepped aside to let me in.
I took a few deep breaths before I started to talk. Max looked at me with a stone exterior. "I'm sorry.", I whispered. "What?", he didn't hear me. "I'm sorry. I didn't wanna hurt you.", I played with the hem of my shirt. "Oh you mean you didn't mean to insinuate that I just wanted to get you into bed. That that is the reason I offered you my spare room. Ongelooflijk.", he seamed very mad and to be honest he had every right to be so. "I'm sorry. I didn't want-", But Max wouldn't let me finish my apology. "Sorry doesn't cut it.", he turned his back to me. "Maybe I was afraid of myself.", I said and started to get to the door to leave. But then I felt his Hand on mine. "What do you mean? Why would you be afraid of yourself?", I looked into his blue eyes and was mesmerized. "Because I cannot be trusted. Not around you. And I promised something to myself.", I couldn't look into his eyes. "Caro...", he face finally softened. "No it's fine. Don't worry about it. I'm going home and everything is going to be fine."
He pulled me into a long hug. "Sorry that I got angry but I thought you saw me as a bad guy. And I didn't wanna be that to you.", he put a kiss onto my hair.  "I never believed that.", I left his apartment.
Well that went to shit.

"So squirt all good? ", Daniel asked when I entered his flat again. "More or less. Can we just go?", I asked and Daniel nodded.

Daniel took me to my building and left. I was dreading this. But why? Stoffel is my best friend.
I unlocked to door with my key and stepped into the apartment. I couldn't even take of my shoes before Stoffel pulled me into the biggest hug. "Thank god you are back.", he whispered in my ear. He put his hands and my cheeks and made me look at him. His eyes were full of worry and regret. "Don't ever think that you can't come back here. It's your home as much as it is my home. We are friends. I'll always be your friend.", he pulled me back into an embrace and I felt the tears pooling in my eyes.
"I'm sorry I should've known.", I squeaked.