Höhenrausch

After his little outburst and a couple of rounds of Uno, Max was in a great mood. "Bam 3 in a row!", he cheered. I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, Yeah. Whatever.", it's not like I hadn't won all the rounds before that. "Keep it down kids", Brendon groaned from his seat. Both our eyes grew wide and I had to suppress a laugh. "Sorry Brendon.", I said and turned red from trying not to laugh which made Max laugh. "Stop laughing idiot.", he was curling up in his seat with tears running down his face. "Ok enough you two. Go to back and flirt there. I wanna sleep.", Dan picked us up by our arms and dragged us to the back. "We weren't-", I tried. "Yeah you can tell your grandma that. Here you go have fun. Not too much kids.", he pushed us the secluded part in the back of the jet.
"I really wasn't flirting.",I said to myself. "Of course. You have Stoffel why would you? He is just jealous because he wants to have fun like we have but he's too old for an all nighter.", Max said an plopped down on the lounge.
"How about a movie?", Max asked sitting down next me. "Yes a film would be nice.", I smiled, "Can I choose?", I pull out my best puppy dog eyes. Max looked right into them and I felt him come closer. Oh hell no! I looked away and tried to fixate my stare to the screen. "Sure.", he croaked.
There was a silence there. 40 minutes into the film Max shifted his position and turned to face me. "I wasn't going to kiss you. I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable.", he said lowly. I was stunned to hear that."Oh no. I'm sorry I didn't wanna assume anything but you kinda leaned in and I have a boyfriend and you know. I'm rambling.", Wow A+ in dealing with social situations Carolin. Really good. "No I mean I leaned in but I'm hung up and you are pretty. But I wouldn't have. You have Stoffel and it's really inappropriate.", he admitted. Ok not what I expected. At least he is honest, I guess? "It's fine. Don't worry about it.", I acted cool as a cucumber which I absolutely wasn't but he didn't know that.
We watched the rest of Harry Potter in silence and I must've fallen asleep because the next thing I remember is Dan waking me up.

"We'll see you soon squirt", Dan said and hugged me, his grin ever so prominent on his face. "Yeah. Get home safe.", we hugged and Dan pressed a peck on my hair.
We already parted with Brendon as he decided to go to Italy today.
I hugged Max. "How long are you in Monaco?", he asked in a hushed voice. "Only tomorrow and the day after. So until next weekend.", I whispered.

I walked out of the Nice airport to be greeted by Stoffel. He hugged me and twirled me around. "I missed you.", he said and kissed me. "I missed you too. Let's go home.", I smiled but I felt weird.
On the way home a got a text from Mr. Ricciardo.
thought you might like it. Was it comfy?~ honey badger

Oh hell no! If Stoffel sees this he is gonna flip

Can't remember ~ me
"Can we go straight to sleep. I'm knackered.", I asked. "Sure babe.", I cringed. Why? Why? I love-like-I-don't-know-what Stoffel. Why is my mind suddenly making me cringe. Maybe it's sleep deprivation. That must be it.

We got into the flat and I walked to our room and got straight into bed. I heard Stoffel come in. "Come on change your clothes.", He nudged me but I wasn't in the mood. "Let me be.", I turned away and closed my eyes. He took a heavy breath and walked out.

The next morning I woke up alone. It didn't look like Stoffel slept in here at all. "Stoff?", I called while stumbling out of the room into the living room. "In the kitchen.", I heard. "Hey good morning.", I hugged him from behind and kissed his cheek. "Morning. Your phone is going crazy.", he chuckled.
I took it and looked at the notifications.
3 messages of Dan
6 by Max
1 missed call from Franz Tost
and a message from Anaïs
I bet you do~honey badger
hey kiddo no harm done ~ honey badger
you tamed the lion 😂 ~ honey badger

Can you pls post something on social media. Toro Rosso wants you to be present on many platforms so brands find an interest in you. ~ Anäis

babe ~ Max
Come over~ Max
I'm all alone ~ Max
Oh god I'm sorry~ Max
I was drunk and this was the wrong number ~ Max
Sorry ~ Max

What the... Great job Mr. Verstappen.
I took up Anaïs request and searched for a photo to post. "Stoff? Can you help me choose a picture for my instagram?", I asked him. He was stood at the stove making some scrambled eggs. "Sure. Just let me finish this up.", he divided the eggs into two even portions and set them down on the kitschen island where we would be eating. "So what do you need to post a picture for. I mean you post about every race.", he asked and dug into his eggs. "Toro Rosso wants me to become interesting for sponsors. I guess I can see why but I don't know what to post.", he motioned gor me to give him my phone. Without hesitation I gave it to him forgetting about that picture of Max and myself on that plane. He scrolled through until he stopped at one. "This one.", he smiled at me.

liked by maxverstappen1, estebanocon and 24

liked by maxverstappen1, estebanocon and 24.648 others

cheat day means cheat day. I mean who could say no? 📸 @lorenzzwe

svandoorne: my favourite photo of all time
estebanocon: baby you look magnifique
danielricciardo: I like my one better😉
Scuderiafan5: very cute 😍
zwesperxverstappen: Are you dating anyone on the grid?
lorenzzwe: who knew that you could look innocent in a picture 😮🤯😘