montreal

After all the press was done I left the circuit with Stoffel. "I really hate that you are faster than me. But also I'm really proud that you are right at the front.", we were laying in bed at 9 pm. "Let's not talk about the racing stuff right now, ok?", I whispered in his ear. I was really tiered and just wanted to relax. Stoffel kissed my forehead. "Everything for you schatje.".

I fell asleep in Stoffel's arms and woke up at 6:30 by the sound of the alarm.
"Babe. Why is your alarm on?", Stoffel moaned into my neck. I had to chuckle. "Because there is a Grand Prix happening in about 8 hours my dear.", the sun was shining and illuminated the room just the right amount. "You look beautiful", he said an looked right into my eyes. "Don't make me blush all the time.", I pecked his lips and tried to run away but he had an iron grip on my waist. "Oh no. We have about 2 hours left before we really have to get up. I have a great idea on how to spend that time.", he turned us so that I was underneath him. "I don't think I like this position all too much.", I said. "That's just because I'm im control now.", he grinned and leaned down to kiss me.
I loved kissing Stoffel. It was the best feeling I've ever felt. His lips captured mine and worked their magic. My hand roamed around his body. And who would blame me? I mean have you seen the six pack Mr. Vandoorne's trying to hide? His lips moved to behind my ear and I had to suppress a moan. "Don't be shy", he said in an raunchy voice. I pulled him to my lips again. His hands wandered under my shirt and up my body. I wrapped my legs around his back and pulled him closer.

"I love you.", i blurted it out. Suddenly it felt like the world stopped spinning. Why did I say that? I couldn't look into his eyes because of the shame I felt. I felt tears burning in my eyes. "Hey, look at me. What are you crying for?", he put one finger under my chin. "I love you too, you idiot.", he kissed my lips. The lust fill air was replaced by pure bliss and love. "I love you. I wanted to say it much earlier but I thought it wasn't appropriate.", Stoffel kissed me again. The kiss wasn't needy anymore it was one filled with love. "I thought I ruined it all", I admitted.
"Actually you couldn't have said anything better.", he kissed me again. "Come on let's get ready.", I said and got out of bed. Stoffel scanned my body. "When's your flight back to Monaco?", he asked still in bed. "Tomorrow. They gave me one day off and then I'm back to Faenza. Fun.", my voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Caro I believe in you. Or in other words: I betted against Markus. So please finish in the top 5 or I have to pay him 50£.",that was Kalle's greeting when I walked in the garage. "Good afternoon to you to. And of course I'll finish in the top 5.", I said confident. "Don't get to cocky.", I heard from behind me. Markus was really tense this whole weekend. "Sorry".

And it's lights out and away we go! Fantastic start by the two Mercedes. Ricciardo already lost his position to his teammate Verstappen and now needs to defend against the Mercedes of Valteri Bottas. And we have a yellow in sector 1.
Sainz and Stroll both in the barriers and Massa crawling back to the pits with a puncture. As we all know Leclerc came as a substitute for Pascal Wehrlein after he injured himself.
Virtual Safety Car.
"The car. Something is wrong.", that was Sebastian Vettel reporting problems with his Ferrari.
20 Laps to go and Hamilton has pulled away by 15 seconds. Behind him there is Verstappen, Ricciardo and Bottas. Zwesper is now in 7th place after a massive mistake by her pit crew.
Ohh and that's Vettel retiring. "Sorry guys."
5 Laps remaining and Zwesper is stil stuck behind Leclerc. "I'm way faster but he's defending as if we were driving for the win.". "Keep your cool. You have 4 laps left to overtake.". "Easier said than done."
And that's the checkered flag."

"Shit. Trottl.", I was fuming. "Caro we're-", Markus started. "Stop it. I don't care.", I transmitted and turned the radio off. I can't remember the last time I felt that kind of rage.
I parked my car and got out. I saw Stoffel park his not that far from me.
When I looked up I saw today's results.
1 Hamilton
2 Verstappen
3 Ricciardo
4 Bottas
5 Leclerc
6 Zwesper
7 Hülkenberg
8 Vandoorne
9 Ocon
10 Raikönnen
11 Hartley
12 Magnussen
13 Perez
14 Ericsson
15 Alonso
16 Sainz

I walked through all the officials and gave some interviews and tried to not say anything about that pit stop.
"What do you have to say about that second pit stop?", the sky reporter asked. "Nothing good. So I won't say anything. Thank you.", I moved along. My answers were kept short.
"Carolin Sie haben heute ein fantastisches Rennen hingelegt. Sind Sie wenigstens ein bisschen stolz?(Carolin you drove an amazing race today. Aren't a least a bit proud if yourself.)", asked Marc Wurzinger of the Austrian television channel ORF. "Ja ich bin definitiv besser gefahren, als die Platzierung ist. (Yes I've definitely driven better than what I placed as.)", I answered truthfully.

We came back to the Torro Rosso garage and the atmosphere was frosty. "Carolin we-", Markus tried. "Save it. I don't wanna gear it. I'm beyond pissed and nothing you's can say will fix it.", I was on the verge of tears. "Caro. Nobody meant for it to happen.", Kalle started. "I know. But that does not change the fact that I came into the pits in P5 and came out P14 and had to really push to get back into the points.", I was angry. "I'm gonna leave because everything I will say is not acceptable.", I went into my driver room collected my stuff and left the premises.

Back at hotel I was still angry. Now I could understand what Daniel felt in Monaco last year. I heard a knovk on the door. I groaned as I assumed it was Anäis or Stoffel telling me to not take it too hard. "Coming.", I walked over to the door and was shocked to see Charles Leclerc in front of it.  "Oh hi.", I was flabbergasted. "Sorry to come uninvited but I wanted to apologise. I should've not defended that hard. It was quite unnecessary.", he scratched his neck. To say I was surprised would be an understatement. "Wow. That's really nice of you. I guess I have to apologise too. I kind of went off about you on my radio.", je was still standing in the door. He didn't seem any bit angry. "Don't worry. If my pit crew would've messed up that bad I would still be fuming.", he smiled. "Do you maybe want to come in? I ordered food and it's way too much. How about you eat some so I don't feel bad about cussing you out on track.", I asked the Monegasques. "Sure thank you." 

"So your first few races in F1 were quite exciting.", Charles said as he sat down on the sofa. "Yes. Monaco was the worst race ever. And now this race... I really hope for a bit of luck in my hone race.", I admitted. "Oh yes. You are from Austria, oui?", he seemed really interested now. "Yes I am. Born and raised."