Chapter 12

When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.

I had no other alternative than to agree to Liz's decision to come over to my house, she called at the right time, it is almost dinner so our plan is to tell Royalty during dinner.

I think I'm getting more close and less angry with Liz as more days pass by. I'm flattered man. She is part of my past and people I should not stay with but no, here I am, spreading the red carpet for her to make way into my life again.

My body went stiff when I heard soft knocks on the door.

She's here.

It's time.

"Rome, Hey." She waves at me with a shy smile. I step aside to make way for her. Her eyes roamed around my living room feeling interested. This is the first time she's legally entering my home.

"You okay?"

She nods, "Just a bit nervous." I laugh nervously too, well she is not the only one nervous. She rubs her palm in anticipation and starts to stare at me intently without blinking. I got confused, what's up with her?

"I'll go call her upstairs."

"Royalty." I went inside my room whose door was left ajar, she was where I left her; she was still lying on my bed with her back facing the ceiling and her hands pressing something on my phone.

She rolls on the bed to face me, just like she remembers something, quick as flash, she drops my phone on the bed. I laugh at her, I've caught her already but I still need to talk to her concerning her phone habit.

"Come." I gesture with my palm.

She shrinks back when I motion for her to come but I told her it's okay.

"Guess who is h-" I mumble in her ear.

She quickly moved away from me screaming 'Liz' and racing downstairs before I could caution her to be careful with her full speed.

"Lizzzz!" She jumps to her, Liz picks her and embraces her into a hug. I watch, without moving as they exchange some words before I interrupted them. I felt Liz's uneasiness so I placed my palm over her shaking fist, nodding at her. She's so nervous.

Let's just hope this goes out well.

"Royalty, there's something I need... Actually, I must tell you." I declare. She tilts her head sideways in confusion, so I continue, "eh, you know, you've been questioning me about your mommy..." I pause to watch her reaction. She looked so keen to hear what I was going to say next, "Okay, I'll go straight to the point because Liz is your mom, your mother, she gave birth to you."

I finally had the chance to inhale and exhale, it was like I was panting after I revealed those words to her.

"M-my mommy?" She stutters, looking between me and Liz. She turn against me, to Liz's direction, "You're- you are my mommy? I actually have my mom?"

Wishing my Muslim readers Happy Eid-el-Kabir