Chapter 31

You become what I think about all day long.

Liz
*Days later*
After I had a long, relaxing cold shower, I felt refreshed and more energetic now. I got myself busy reading 'Friendly Hostile'. I got so engaged in it that I lost track of time, it was almost four thirty when I heard my phone ping. I remove my eyes from the book to my phone on the stool.

My heart nearly ripped off my chest when I thought of who it could be, but then, he never chatted nor called me before even if we were doing well. I snatched my phone almost aggressively, eager to know whoever that person was. Disappointment floods through my body, my lips reacting to it, curving downward as my eyes read the recipient. An unknown number.

Unknown: Hey pretty face

I groan.

Me: May I know who this is?

Unknown: that is 4 me to know and u to worry about.

I hiss in anger, they must have texted the wrong number so I ignore those texts. Few minutes later, I hear my device ping again. I let out another groan when I saw his/her messages.

Unknown: when are u free. I want us to meet, get to know each other.

I shook my head in distaste and left them on read. I better block this person.

I got to the restaurant to start my shift, we were having a lot of customers these days and my day is going well but not until I hear someone clear their throat. I look from my phone to the lime eyes piercing mine.

"Hey, nice to see you again Simon." I roll my eyes in distaste.

He scoffs, "Simon?"

I narrowed my eyes at him, leaned on the counter, "Y-you are not Simon? Changed your name?"

"Sam." He replies flatly. I made an 'oh' sound even if I didn't care but apologized.

"So, how can I be of help to you?"

"Don't you think it's rude ignoring someone's texts?"

"Texts? What texts?"

He paused, giving me a 'look' and hiss. I clicked my finger in the air, having found out what he was referring to and made another 'oh' sound, "so it was you."

"No, my shadow. Who else could it be?"

"How did you get it, I mean my number?" My voice rose a little but I try to go quiet because of where I am.

"I want us to go out for sometime..." His eyes went to my left chest, I think reading my tag, "Liz "

It's now my turn to scoff at him,"the hell I would."

"Why? I'm just asking, just answer me."

"No thanks."

His face fell at my objection, "why?"

"That's for me to know and you to worry about." I imitate him and look down at my watch, already wanting to leave this place. "Can you please stop giving me that look?"

"Please just this once." He pleads, "I want to know you. Not just your name."

I sigh, "Sam please. Another time I have-"

"Really?"

I roll my eyes, "That's not what I meant. As you can see, I'm busy right now-"

"Why are you this hard?"

"Why do you keep disturbing me, I said no." I complain, annoyed at his pestering.

"Is it bad to just hang out for a few hours at least we're not hitting the bed."

My eyes widened at his casualness after he said those words. How could he?

"Sam."

"Cool. We will meet the day after tomorrow, I'll text you the details." He insisted and walked off giving me a victorious smirk. I sigh in defeat, I don't even know what to do. I just met him like two days ago and he happens to steal my number, now he is asking to hang out?

I inhale, okay maybe a few hours with him wouldn't affect me right? And that will be all of his annoyance.

*. *. *. *.
When I arrived home, I was so weary. I had planned on going to Roman's as I promised but I was way too exhausted due to the long day at work... Oh and Sam. My body feels numb so I'll have to see them another day. I feel sleepy. I lie down on my bed, letting my sleepiness take over.

Roman.
Instead of sorting the files and documents on my desk, my brain was something else. My attention isn't on any of my office work, instead on someone else. It was getting worse as minutes passed by so I had no alternative than to leave my office earlier than usual to see her.

First, I got Royalty from school and went straight home. We both were waiting for Liz but didn't hear of her. It was getting late and she promised to come as early as she can today because she didn't come yesterday? Did she have a change of mind? Why isn't she here by 8 in the night?

Royalty left my embrace, my room downstairs probably to continue what she was watching.

I was beginning to lose hope of her coming by, maybe she'll make it tomorrow or she was tired. Either way, she will come by tomorrow because I can't stand it any longer. It'd become habitual of me craving for her and I'm losing my mind. Nothing else goes on in my head but her... She has no idea how crazy and wild she makes me feel.

The next morning, I woke up on my bed to the sound of the birds chirping at the yard, it was really annoying. After having a very long, uninterested day yesterday and now I'm rewarded with this? I rub my eyes and rest my head in the headboard. I lay down on the bed for few minutes before rising up to begin the day. I hope it will not be anything like yesterday that Liz kelt haunting my mind. I sigh, it'd been three days. Without her.

"Is my mommy coming today?" Royalty inquires, holding my gaze with curiosity. She had been missing Liz badly for the last few days. I nod at her to assure her so she won't worry too much. Liz will surely come today.

Today is just the repetition of yesterday but better, at least Liz is coming today, I'm finally seeing her so I have nothing to worry about. Of course, that doesn't break the fact that she keeps running through my mind all day. I had a business lunch with one of my colleagues at a restaurant nearby. It's a fancy one but it is okay and normal to me because I've been to fancier ones. I was about to leave when I heard 'someone' call my name. My body went stiff when I heard that voice. I swiftly made a 360 degree turn to the culprit. Mere looking at her, I felt rage, anger take over my whole system. It'd been so long, so damn long. She strode to me, a weak smile dancing on her lips as I shook my head in disapproval.