Chapter 32

Dedicated to venessav12

A family doesn't have to be perfect; it just needs to be united.

"Long time no see Romeo." She brays, halting her tracks directly a feet away, resting her palm on her waist and curving her head at me. I gag at her, her caked up face and looking like a clown. She looks so different if not for voice, I wouldn't have recognized her. Her hair is even tinted with pink and her lips? Don't even get me started with those red lipsticked lips.

I don't know what to say to her, but I won't reply to her if that's what she's expecting me to do. I examine- eye her making sure she sees the disgust but not rage in my eyes because I have no damn reason to be angry at her now, what had happened had happened. She didn't want me and we're not meant for each other. I shove past her intentionally and ignore her yells, the stares I'm earning from other people but they should just mind their business, they don't know what I've been through with her. I don't even want to see a glimpse of her face anymore. She is far from the Eve I knew but then I don't give a shit. It's her life, not my life. She chose to be without me and so shall it be.

I inhale, exhale trying to release my fist. I have no reason to be furious yet I am. I get to my car, rest my head on the headrest as my ragged breathing begins to go in a slow, controlled manner. I close my eyes, open it. I took it as a cue to start my car still fully aware of her eyes still on me but I didn't even make a mistake of looking back at her, the person that brought problems of heartbreak into my life, she made me afraid of loving someone else. And it's her eyes, she has the right to look at me. I don't give a damn with the look she's giving me, I don't give a damn about the longing, mixed emotions in the eyes I once fell for. Now, I am thinking what I even saw in her that made me the way I used to be, that made me crazy. But she never appreciated my actions, she always criticized me and was never satisfied. She'd been nothing but a selfish and a proud woman who wants everything to be just perfect. She never even wanted me. She'd been pretending to like me in order to attain my wealth. Not love. I feel so foolish and daft in not realizing that earlier, the secret face she always make when I'm not looking, the way she always try avoiding me and later call for apologies and in that case, elaborate on the diamond jewelry she came across blah blah and I always give her what she wanted because I want her to be happy but I was the only one in that state, she wasn't feeling the same, she should have just admitted that she wasn't feeling the same way. She didn't even bother about my feelings for her but abandoned me for Neil. Upon all I had done for her, sacrificing almost everything for her yet I became the one with a broken heart at the end. Such is life.

When I got home, I covered a long nap due to my sleepless days and nights. Later, I was hearing noises and from then I knew who that was. Why wouldn't I know? Why wouldn't I know the voice that I became obsessed with? I exit my room after putting on my sweats, rushing down the stairs making sure I don't trip.

My eyes descend on the most beautiful lady I ever laid my eyes on, and the sight. She was helping our daughter do some maths. A heartwarming grin broke into my face as I amble to their direction. I proceed in covering Liz's eyes with my palms while she struggles to tear off my palms from her eyes.

"Chill woman." I chuckle and let go of her but still wrap my hand over her neck, pulling her backwards to my chest, my heart goes steady feeling the familiar warmth, me and my heart miss her. Royalty pokes her lower lip at me.

"You are stealing her from me."

"You've been with her for hours and it's my turn hmm?" I told her, patting her head, "she can come back to you later."

"Roman!" Liz squeals when I pull her very tight to my side.

"It looks like I last saw you a decade ago." I complain.

"Well, I'm here now."

"I'm sorry, I just got caught up with work. Sorry, it isn't entirely my fault."

"For two days?" I am still not satisfied with her answer.

"Like I said Roman I-"

"Oh chillax, you're becoming aggressive." I whine rubbing her arm and leading the way to the yard for some privacy.

"You are making me become too aggressive."

"You have no idea how much you always haunt my mind mercilessly." She stops immediately, her lips widely apart as her eyes double in size. What?

She quietly nodded and looked away but continued to walk. When we got to the yard, I spun her to me, gaze into her eyes. The emotion I came across in her eyes was enough to make my lips spread widely into another smile. I am certain my eyes aren't deceiving me, with the look of lust in those brown mesmerizing eyes. I got lost in them, then to her lips. Damnit.

"Aren't your legs aching you Liz because you've been running through my mind lately."

"Wow, what a lame pick up line." She rolls her eyes at me but my eyes didn't leave those lips. I felt a push in me, rather a force, making me inch closer, turning my head to its side as her breath fans my nose. I don't know what she was feeling, her eyes were shut expecting something, something I've also been longing for, that always makes Roman weak. My heart throb crazily and how come it hadn't exploded? With all these going on? Wow my heart must be very strong to be able to do all these.

Without wasting any minute, I close the distance between us, crashing her lips roughly with mine, her soft, tender, electrifying, wild lips. No words can describe what I'm going through right now, all I know is those sparks appearing and making me alive. I felt her palm at the back of my head pulling me closer (if that is possible). I smile through the kiss, knowing we are undergoing the same feelings. I feel so... On top of the whole world knowing that. Oh God, I don't even know this feeling still exist in me.

I didn't want to pull away but I did, not because of lack of oxygen going into me but bothering about her breathing. Her breathing was ragged like she had just run a 400 metres race. My forehead touched hers as I kissed her nose. Oh God, I want more of this. I never expected her lips to be this heart blowing and electrifying, I always imagine it to be...
I don't know but I didn't know it would turn out this way.

"R... Roman?" I snap my eyes to hers, her eyes sparkle brightly in the moonlight full of adoration and lust.
I hum, letting her know she got my attention, she always catches my attention.

Her gaze holds mine for a very long moment, she doesn't know I was dying inside to know what she was going to say. Oh Liz...

"I... I- I am in..." I capture her shaking fist and slowly spread her palm and give it a light squeeze. My heart picked a race again in anticipation.

What was she gonna say? Because my mind is full of hope of what she was going to say.

Wonder🤔 what she's going to say.

Remember to click that red star if you love this chap, comment and share. U can as well follow me🤭