Chapter 42

I'm not mad, I'm hurt.

I   slowly caress my stomach, gaining satisfaction at the feeling of the little bump, I look down at it with a sad smile worn on my face, Roman is unaware of his second child, and I don't even know what he is going to do when he finds out, sometimes I feel scared about what he is going to do because he is unpredictable, he might not be ready for another child.

I drew in a breath of fresh air, as my hands searched for my phone on the couch that I was sitting on, I wanted to send him a text message about it. He should know about it. I finally found my phone, thereby not wasting any time in going into his DM and texted him that we need to talk, gratefully he is online but I was nervous, it's been long since we've talked like three days ago and it's weird, he doesn't want to listen to me but I am not giving up, he needs to know the truth behind this, he has to. But he is too stubborn to give me a second to explain. He thinks everything he does is right, meanwhile it's not.

I waited for some moments expecting to get a message from him soon, I waited and waited but I got offended and threw my device back on the couch, making a gasp as it landed on the couch then bounced on the floor. Oh God. I hope the screen is okay. I stretched my hand to it, praised God that the screen was not affected and then stared back at the message. I now regret texting him because I hate being left to read. Okay, but who doesn't?

I felt like deleting the message seriously. I was about to when I felt the 'typing' icon popping below his profile. Something in my system made me hold my chest in anticipation, as I closed my eyes before hearing the notification sound.

I'm busy, 😐 sorry

Was his reply, I felt a shiver in my spine in anger, how could he?

I waited again since he was still typing,

You could just talk things through with Simon or something

I slammed my fist on the coffee table in front of me as angry tears blurred my vision. Does he still think I'm cheating on him, just the one thing I can never do to him?

With gritted teeth, I decided to text him back, to give him the taste of his own medicine.

That's exactly why we NEED to talk!!😡

I expected another reply from him but just like that, he went offline and I couldn't get more angry at him. He read my message but ignored it, that's so frustrating.

I know what to do, and tomorrow will be it. I can't continue to keep him in the dark because of his stubbornness, he deserves to know the truth. I wipe my cheeks after convincing myself that in less than ten hours I'll have to meet up with him to have a crucial discussion on it.

After taking dinner and performing my night routine, I return to my room to call it a night.

°°°°°°°°°°°°
The background voice was infuriating, and the fact that it woke me up from my sleep didn't make me less annoyed, I hit the snooze button of the alarm having had enough of the tone and gently sat on my bed, resting my head on the headboard for a minute before rushing to the bathroom to empty my stomach, I sigh after I felt less uncomfortable, I feel somehow while throwing up especially with my hair falling to my face. Once I was done, I made sure I brushed the taste off my mouth and had my bath. I exit my bathroom, my eyes fall on my phone lying on the nightstand, if it was before, I would have been receiving calls from Roman and I miss my daughter, he just took her away not bothering about how I am going to feel being away from her.

I felt anger rush through my body at the thought of him. I need to clear the misunderstanding between us but he is really making it hard for me. I just want this to be over with. But his stubbornness and ego is getting in between.
I left my curly hair bouncing in it's normal way and got dressed in a lilac long sleeved gown with it's length a few inches below my knee, and put on my brown stilettos to finish up my dressing. I am ready for Roman and I don't care whatever it takes. I'm going to meet him whether he likes it or not.

I got to his doorstep and hated the feeling in me, of nervousness and fright, I have no reason to be scared but yet, I am. My finger rose to the bell and pressed it a few times. I paused when I heard tiny footsteps coming from inside and my nerves began to pick up again. The door was jerked open and a loud voice sounded, piercing my ears.

"Mommmmyy! you're here." My baby jump on me, snaking her arms around my neck and not letting it go, she almost choked me. She was in a small apron, that was filled with something white that I guess is flour.

"Baby I missed you so much," I kissed her face earning giggles and squeals from her mouth. I really miss her alot that I spent some moments with her, I even almost forgot what I am here for till I heard a deep husky voice. We both stopped what we were doing and the sound of his throat clearing followed after our silence.

"Roman," I greeted him, watching his handsome morning face. He looked funny in the apron with dust of flour on it, and some part on his face. He even looks hotter in it but then come to think of it, I have confession and news to break to him.

He doesn't reply to me but his eyes settle on Royalty, "I'll meet you upstairs." She obeys his order and happily runs upstairs, leaving the both of us alone.

"You can leave if there's nothing for you to say than just staring at me"

I cleared my throat, striding to him but he inched backwards like he can't bear to stay like four feet away from me.

"We have many things to discuss-"

"Can you just go straight to the point, you should be grateful I am giving you a chance to explain" he raised his voice at me, I still look into his raged eyes.

"You misunderstood what happened, I'll start from the beginning, he had been pestering me for a long time now that I grew frustrated with him and blocked him several times, and it was shocking to me that he had the guts to show up to my apartment that day, I don't even have any idea how he knew my address, he told me he likes me some days before but I made sure he knows I ain't reciprocating it to him and out of nowhere I felt his tongue and lips in mouth-"

His laughter roared in the room, leaving me in confusion and embarrassment . He took my confession as a joke and I stood there like a fool watching him till his laughter died.

"Can you stop laughing like it's some sort of joke and for once take things seriously?" I question in anger.

No cap but I couldn't deny the pain and jealousy I saw in his face through that laughter, he might be hiding it so I won't see it but I am.

"Why should I stop laughing? yeah I never take things seriously you know that then why are you here, I am not ready to listen to your sick lies."

"I'm not lying, trust me?"

"Trust me?" he mimics my weak tone, "I trusted you"

"I know but, you have to understand that- that, I have no feelings for that bastard-"

"You said he had been pestering you? for a long time? you never bother to tell me until now that you're in trouble, is that how things are done Liz? have I ever hid something from you!" I stayed quiet, no he hasn't and I feel guilty about it, "Damnit Liz, answer me! have I? but you have the damn guts to do that to me, not only that but let him believe you're such a fool and just like that ' out of nowhere, I felt his tongue and lips in my mouth', '' he mimics me again and I felt hot tears leaving my eyeballs but he didn't bother about it, he continued to unleash his anger and aggressive words out on me, "I told you everything damn thing you need to know about Eve and you end up making out with one of her customers, are you proud of yourself? if your aim in the game is to make me jealous then that's it, you win it's 1-0"

"Roman I'm so sorry, I- I" he hands rose in the air, as if wanting me to keep quiet.

"Could you just leave?" he mutters pinching his nose and turning backwards so he won't see my face, ''I beg of you Liz, can you just get out, I've had enough, I'm not just in the mood to-"

"I'm pregnant" I blurted out, through my tears and wiped some off my cheeks and sniffs. The room was deadly quiet as I watched him in horror as he took slow steps towards me, I barely had the courage to look into his eyes because of the anger, betrayal, envy in them, I couldn't take it.

"Could you- could you just repeat that?" my whole heart shattered when I heard the shaking of his voice, the way his eyes held fear and betrayal, it held no other emotions other than that. "answer me Liz, please don't tell me what I think it is"

😭😭💔