Chapter 36

Don't ever tell anyone anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.

Roman
She sits gently on the green couch across from me, leaning forward. I rest my vibrating fists on my knee for restraint.

Her chocolate eyes locked with mine, I was feeling unsure whether to tell her or not. One, if I tell her, I do not think it will reduce Eve's pestering, and if I don't, I'll feel bad hiding something like this from her since she's my significant other and we are not meant to keep things from each other. I won't like it if she's hiding things from me either.

I clench my eyes shut for a moment, feeling larva build up and spread in my organs again as my brain brings back what happened, what she disclosed a few minutes ago. I had fists clenching and unclenching because I didn't want to touch her.

Earlier that day..
"I think the right alternative is we get there and we ensure our goods are in good control...''
We shook hands together while my boss nodded at me dismissively, patting my shoulder.

"Good then we shall meet tomorrow before we move Gayle"

I fist bump the air in happiness, having dealt and endured the long term meeting. My tired legs still found a way to lift me to my car, I was about to pull the handle of my car door, I wanted to. But halted, dead in action as my nostrils swallow in a breath of sandalwood cologne, that one. The one I used to know she likes.

I also used to like it but my nose forms a crumple at the smell. I slowly spun around to catch her, in her 5'9 glory, standing on her whatever inch heels, and her decorated, sharp fingernails not staying in one position but being pushed and rubbed against her pink tinted hair. I stand rooted to my spot, my mouth doing the same while she does the opposite, taking slowly measured steps and stopping directly a foot apart from mine.

"Hello Romeo," she advertises her 'perfect' white set of teeth, and made a tsk sound with her tongue.

"Awn, Romeo won't you admit you've been missing me as much as I do? I'll do it because I've been missing you baby."

I almost successfully got into my car but then I sensed a foreign touch on my wrist jerking it and catching my attention when her fingernails dig right into my skin, whether it was intentional or not, I don't give a damn.

I look at her with several wild emotions in my eyes, rage taking over my system and turning into something else.

"Get that filthy thing off me" I growl slowly, prolonging each word to sound more dangerous and so it will get into her thick skull. Great, I have been in a very good mood since morning and she had come to ruin it with her bad vibes.

"Eve!" I aggressively shoveled her palm away from my wrist like it was a cactus not caring about her fake high-pitched wince. That was it. I have nothing to do with her but she is always coming around. I never talked or said anything to her not until now.

"Romeo don't-''

"Who's your Romeo? Let's be guided by Eve, please don't be mistaken."

This time, I succeeded in opening my door and found my way in it, pursing my lips to keep the shriek that was about to escape my mouth due to the hotness of the metallic seatbelt.

"You were never like this to me! Why are you acting this way?" She screams at me. You made me like this, I wanted to reply but I kept my mouth shut knowing how useless it will turn out to be.

"REALLY ROMEO, YOU'RE GIVING ME THE SILENT TREATMENT? YOU'RE ALWAYS IGNORING ME, ALWAYS, WHY?"

"IS IT BECAUSE OF THAT WHORE, THAT THING WHO HYPNOTIZED Y-"