Chapter 18

So here's the thing with broken hearts. No matter how hard you try, the pieces never feel the way they did before.

She cut me off instantly without even letting me explain, wait explain what? She doesn't even want to hear my voice and she'll want to listen to my explanation? And that Neil guy only added sauce to it.

"So this is how it is to be heartbroken." I murmur to myself. I'll admit I've never felt this way before, I've never been in that kind of relationship.

"By the looks of it, yeah." The barman reply, adding more vodka to my glass. I shook my head. I've never been this depressed and broken, I've never experienced what I'm feeling before.

I thought there was something between us. Or was I the only one that has feelings? My mind drifts back to whern we were together. Almost together.

Eve

She was my first official love.

And she broke me, broke everything in me.

Reality hit me like a truck.

Does she love me?

Oh sorry

Did she ever loved me?

I made a bitter laugh at myself unable to say yes or no to that question. Oh I feel so so stupid. She just used me.

I should have noticed, I should have known why she had been distant towards me. Then that foolish douche bag, excuse of a man came between me and her.

But that isn't the problem, all I was concerned about (unless being hurt) was that she never loved me. She used me. Damn!

What have I gotten myself into?
Just for the sake of love.
And I'm the one going through the pain of loving someone who never loved me, I should have just been the person I was back then, I shouldn't have dropped my real self, the real Roman. Just because of stupid, foolish affection. I shouldn't have ignored those ladies throwing themselves at me all this while even if it was tough and look where I am now, drowning in my own pity, thinking how foolish I had become because of love.

I down the whole hot liquid in my throat in a go and stretched it to the barman who gave me a worried look. I clench my fist understanding what that look meant.

"I want more." I slur. My phone vibrate at my back pocket. I choose to turn a blind eye to it, I am not in the mood to talk to anyone now.

Even in my drunken state, I downed more cups, one more, two more, three more till I was dazed. My eyes start seeing in duplicate. I don't even know which is real or not.

I rose to my feet to get myself to the couch or anywhere I can relax. I staggered, then I stopped, I try to move again but it was hard. It was worsening every heartbeat.

"Hey man, you're not okay." I feel someone holding my shoulder as I try walking again but I regret it, I don't know what area in my head hurts. I regret drinking, I regret wasting my time drinking and thinking about someone someone that doesn't give a damn about me. I regret falling in love, it's a trap.

That's how life is.

In the next few seconds, I found myself lying on the floor hearing some voices before I black out.

*.        *.          *.            *
My eyes slowly unfolds for it to meet the ceiling facing me, I try to sit then I felt a sharp pain at the back of my head. I am not lying on the floor anymore, I felt I was lying on a soft, comfy mattress. I slowly sit in the bed, scanning the room I was in with my mouth widely opened.

What the...

I'm in my room?

Bullshit.
How come?

My door swing open, catching my attention. I look towards it, both my mouth and eyes froze to the figure coming my way with a glass of water and a pill with.

Liz smiles uncomfortably at me, awkwardly handing me the tall glass of water. I felt like she doesn't want our hands to touch.

"Thanks." I muttered, taking the pill and gulping the water. She stood there silently watching me like she wants an explanation.

"You got yourself drunk last night."

"I think that was obvious."

"You okay now?" She asks in concern.

"I'll be, only when you just let me be for sometime." I murmur but she heard me. I saw a flick of hurt in her eyes before she nod muttering an 'okay' and turning to leave.

"I'm here if you need me- anything." And finally left.

I rested for few seconds and was surprised when Liz didn't show up like two minutes after.

She actually stood to here words.
Leaving me disappointed.

Leave a vote and a comment!