Chapter 47

Dedicated to Ore_heemah

Don't marry someone you can live with, marry someone you can live without

Roman
Six months later...
"I gave you a chance once, you messed it up, good thing I can't give you a second chance and, I have my own family and a baby on the way so don't stress me on my big day." I told her, wanting to leave this place as soon as possible. I can't be in the same room as her.

"Roman," she stretched out her hand, to reach out to my elbow but I yanked my elbow immediately before she could feel my skin. I don't want any stain on my big day, okay?

"We could start over again as any normal couple should, we could-"

"Really? on my wedding day? I knew you are not smart but are you really this stupid and dumb?"

"You know there's a saying that-"

"To hell with you and your sayings!" I screamed, getting attention from a few guests but that is the least of my concern right now. I just want to make it clear to Eve, she can never be anything to me again.

"You don't have to waste your time here, you know I won't even let you into my life again and help me destroy it, I have someone better than-" I shook my head not wanting to say the word, "just leave, not this place alone, my life actually, I think that will help the two of us."

"No Roman you are still being selfish, you- you were never like this, did Liz really change you that much?"

"Yeah, she changed me for the better," I smirk, seeing a teardrop from her eyes, "oh what's up with your eyes?" I made a fake pout at her, I'm certain it's gonna ruin her heavy makeup that made her look like a real life Chucky, caught in 4k. One thing I didn't expect is her suddenly jumping on me, making it seem like we were hugging, catching me by surprise. I was even more astonished when I felt her vibrating in my arms. I don't want more than her leaving me alone. As simple as that. She continues to sob on my arm while I internally roll my eyes.

"You did not mention jumping on me and crying your eyes out when you said you wanna talk to me," I said, then murmured "if I had known this would happen, trust me I wouldn't have spared my minutes to speak with you." I shouldn't have ignored the other part of me that said I should not answer her when she insisted that we needed to talk.

She sniffed and watched my expression with her bloodshot eyes. "We can still get back together Roman"

"Yeah," I muttered. I heard her gasp and immediately left my embrace to get a better view of my face, she wiped her cheeks nodding her head with a smile that I can't wait to wipe off, "really?"

"Yeah, in your dreams."

She hit my chest, "I miss you."
she confessed.

"But I don't "I replied honestly, I have no reason to hide what I feel about her.

"You are so harsh" she groaned hitting my chest continuously.

"That's why I am not the one for you, there's that guy, Kyle or whatever is name is, Sam, I could list them all if you want"

"I broke up with Kyle few months ago, I found out there was someone I needed more than Kyle"

"Wow really? that's great, good thing you moved on from him, I am at least happy for you, the fact that you used that thing up there"

She smiled, shaking her head.

"And for Sam," she heaved a breath as if she had practiced what she was going to say next, "that dude is my cousin not a fling okay? You've been thinking the wrong thing... Either way, that does change the way I feel about you."