Chapter 41

Trust takes years to build, second to break, and forever to repair.

Sam must have felt his presence not too long after because he too let out a heavy groan before inching backwards, providing us space for me to properly breathe.

"Why did you stop?" I miss his voice, but not the harsh and violent one that intimidates me. I watch his chest movement, moving high and low with his grinding teeth before my gaze falls to the ground in embarrassment.

Why did this happen? In his presence? It is going to give him the wrong impression.

"Hey bossma-"
Before Sam could finish his words, a fist collided with his jaw making me shriek. Oh please no, not this. Tears had started clouding my sight at the view before me. Roman didn't show him any mercy. At all. He was punching him like a soft, fluffy teddy bear. I don't even know how my eyes set on his back muscles the way it flexes before relaxing. I began to scream for him to let Sam free, because the beating was too much. I could nearly feel his pain as he screams and moans in agony but I could not step in for him. I could just shout for Roman to stop. Sam deserves beating, but not like this. Roman was too violent so to him, Sam deserves the beating of his life. When I couldn't take it anymore, I ran to his aid.

"Stay away from me!" Roman snaps, barely looking into my eyes which held no emotion in it. His breathing wasn't normal so I thought he was going to stop beating Sam but he bent down again to Sam lying on the ground and gave him blows of his life, making me gag at the sounds. He was still screaming out in pain, he can't fight but he is always looking for something that will end up putting him in a fight.

"Roman please it's too much-"

He paused before standing back up to my height, giving me a sadistic smile, "you haven't seen anything Liz-"

"It isn't what it is."

"Yeah, so tell me, this is why you've been ignoring my damn calls lately? Be-"

"W-what no!"

"-because you were too busy with another guy, wow, just wow Liz I didn't expect this from you."

"No Roman, trust me, I- I won't-" I choke on my tears. He stood there, watching me like he doesn't give a damn about my pleads.

"Trust me too Liz, I also wasn't expecting this act from you now can we put this aside now, I'm longing to see my daughter."

I nod my head, slowly opening the door and stepping a bit aside for him to step in.

"I'll be right back." He pretends to study the living room, thereby ignoring what I said. I went to rinse my face before going to the guest room which was now Royalty's room. I opened the door, not expecting to see her lying half on the bed and it was like she was about to fall off the bed so I hurried to her. She woke up due to the impact and began rubbing her eyes.

"Mommy?" She calls out, touching my face.

"I'm here," I croaked out, trying to succeed in hiding the sadness in my voice. "Guess what baby? Daddy's here too, he's downstairs."

"Hmm?"

I nod my head while she quickly leaves my hold, aiming at the door. I followed her downstairs with my eyes on the stairs, this wasn't how I wanted his arrival to be like. I wanted hugs, kisses, him telling me his experience there and not this. This is bad luck and I feel so embarrassed.

She sprinted to her dad, whose arms were wide open with also a wide smile on his face. I like the way his expression changed when it came to her, it wasn't like before. He doesn't want her to spot any anger or sadness in him. They exchanged some words while Royalty was updating him about what had happened since his departure.

"-Mommy also missed you so much daddy, she said she wanted to surprise you." She exposed me, sending me a toothy smile.

"Hmm, I guess I already received the surprise." My heart shattered at his choice of words, he didn't just say that... Why is my life like this?

I know what he was referring to about the surprise, he'd caught Sam forcefully kissing me and I guess that was the surprise he was talking about.

"Really? What was it? She doesn't want to tell me!" She pouts, playing with his fingers.

I felt him look up at me with a smirk on his lips, I shook my head at him before finally looking away.

"I get why she wouldn't tell you the surprise but hey it's okay" I felt anger rise in my system at those words, could he be anymore annoying? He doesn't want to believe me and he is playing with what happened a few moments ago.

"Roman just stop it okay, you don't even want to listen to what I want to say. You just believe what happened was my fault, I tried my best to stop him from-" I paused when something spread through me like a wildfire, Royalty can't know what happened so I shut my mouth not minding her puzzled look.

"Ohh, if it's not your fault, then whose fault is it? My fault? Because I interrupted you two from your... Something something? You were enjoying it right?"

"What! Why would you say that, you don't judge things without knowing anything about it." My vein boils in rage at his accusation.

"I witnessed it from the beginning to the end so don't- don't, you know what I'm done with this shit!" He grabbed our daughter, angrily as he stormed to the door without giving me a glance. The next thing I heard was Royalty's tears at his anger and harshness before the door was shut.

Okayy... Please don't hate me😁😭😭💔