Chapter 22

"The most important thing in the world is family and love."

Roman
When she said that, I didn't want to reply so we won't pull a scene and Royalty may wake up soon. Sure, I am angry at Liz and I wanted to leave her when she quickly adds.

"I'm sorry Rome, I was just joking."

"Yeah, joking that you indirectly called me a fool." I growl.

"I didn't call you a fool, okay I'm sorry."

"It's not funny Liz." I told her, annoyed. This girl tests my patience but she has no idea. "No really, I ain't joking." I shot her a frustrated glare and suddenly she smiles like she's finding it amusing.

"Mad woman." I mutter.

"Okay what hurts in 'sorry'?" She queries.

"Liz, I'm not joking you need to stop this." I rose my voice at her.

"You take things too serious." She groans while the smile slip off her face.

"Thanks for the compliment."I fake an high-pitched voice and roll my eyes at her at the same time.

"That's not even compliment!" She snaps, "I'm basically stating a fact." She argues.

"Whatever."

"Mommy!" My head almost cracked when I snapped it sideways, recognizing whose voice that is. I felt my anger beginning to melt when she came over and exchanged hugs and pleasantries with Liz.

"Good morning mi niña." I say to her lifting her to my lap. She pokes my chest and giggle, finding it amusing.

"Mommy you left me and daddy yesterday."

My eyes goes wide at that, oh no she isn't going to talk about that...

"We missed you!" She complains. Liz rose her eyebrows looking back and forth between me and Royalty.

"We?"

"Daddy did too-"

"No, I did not." I defended myself, giving her a look that means she should not talk. She just grin and sends me a pout.

"But daddy you said I should always tell the truth."

I pinch the bridge of my nose, "I know but not..." I pinned her lips with my fingers.
I heard Liz stifle a laugh at that. What's funny?

Okay I think that worked even if she was still trying to say something with her lips in a line. I finally remove my finger and start to tickle her as her cheery laughter roars throughout the house. I continue to tickle her and I felt Liz attacking me at my back. She was attacking me at my ribs part making me join my daughter in laughter. I know, I know, it's been really long since I've laughed this hard. Liz was molesting me to let Royalty go but I refuse. I was not able to tickle Royalty so I pull her to embrace whilst she tries to escape.

I think stubbornness run in our blood, the three of us, from Liz and I we both passed it to our daughter. Both combined together and Royalty is the second most stubborn person I know, first is her mother. I don't think I know my position this case.

"Mommy." She belts still laughing and screaming out for Liz's help.

Liz.
My heart keeps leaping with joy and it looks like it would explode soon. It all started when Royalty told me Rome missed me, normally, if it was someone else, I'll think the person was crazy but it is Royalty and not someone else. I am glad that at least, he thought of me and I'm sure because of that 'shy' look on his face when she exposed him. It is not normal to see him shy, though I've seen him countless of times but in very rare cases. And during dinner, this is like my happiest moment, well I  was staring at him throughout, he caught me this time and I was surprised he held eye contact with me. Royalty was the only one talking about her classmates and so on. But God forgive me, my attention was fully on the handsome guy directly in front of me. It is very hard to focus on anything else but on him.
       But good things doesn't last long, it was late and I was thinking about leaving when Royalty held my palm.

"You're leaving now?"

Instantly, I regret nodding my head at her question, tears had welled up in her eyes. My heart shatters right this moment, throughout my weeks with them I have never seen her this way. My baby.

She suddenly let's go of my palm and snakes her arm around my waist not giving me a chance to move.

"Royalty." I don't know if Roman is going to agree, maybe I can stay a little longer?

I'm certain he will, for Royalty.

But I think of her sleeping habits, both her and her dad sleeps late, something I noticed and I'll have to talk to Roman about this. I don't know about other days but it's when I'm around, Roman even forces her to sleep.

"It's okay, I'll come as early as I can tomorrow after my shift at work, okay?" I spoke out but she shook her head, unconvinced.

"Please stay..." She sobs. I pick her in my arm, drawing circles on her back. I saw Roman coming from upstairs with a confused look.

"What's going on here?" He asks, worry etched on his face when he scans Royalty, then back at me.

Royalty squirms from my hold and ran to him, "Daddy please tell mum to stay just for tonight." She pleads.

I bit my lips and look way from his scrutinizing gaze, I can't decipher his reaction. He clearly didn't see that coming.

"Please daddy."

It happen slowly, so slow. I saw his lips start to part away to say something. My heart picked race, anxious and dreading what he'll say.

"That shouldn't be a problem, Liz?" He move his eyebrows at me. I smiled and nodded excitedly. I laugh seeing Royalty do a happy dance. I think of how I'm going to work tomorrow, I'll have to leave here early then.

Next, Royalty told me to watch Disney movies with her, ofcourse including Roman. I was hardly paying attention and focus on the movie because this guy is few inches away from me. I was self conscious, even if he'd caught me several times looking at him. I caught an annoyed look on his face and I look away immediately. I won't blame him though, it's really annoying and creepy catching me all the time looking at him but he does not understand.

"That shit needs to stop." He warns me few minutes after Royalty had been put to bed.

I rose an eyebrow up at him, "what shit?''

His hands roughens his hair while I notice his clenched jaw and I know better not to test his patience, just like the last time, I'm sure he's capable of chasing me away again since she's asleep and will have to make up lies to her.

"I won't talk much, just stop staring at me like a blind lady."

I blink timidly and look away from him.

"I have had enough of it, it's not going to help unless you say what's going on in your head." My head instantly snap at him, that caught me completely off guard.

What is going on in my head?

Hey, don't leave without voting and commenting!