Chapter 17

Someone who values you wouldn't ever put themselves in a position to lose you

She was relaxing on the couch, her knees brought to her chest, resting her chin on it. She doesn't seem to notice me because of the cartoon displaying on TV and she seems so engrossed in the PJ Masks cartoon.

I wrap my arm over her shoulder and pull her close to me, she tear her eyes from the cartoon meeting mine.

"Hey." Liz sat beside her so Royalty was in between us. I don't know how to go about this, apologize to her. It's been a long time and I can't remember when last I said that that came from the bottom of my heart.

"I didn't mean to take out my anger on you okay?"

She brings her shoulder to her ear so I kiss her nose and temple.

"Royalty." I said.

I heard Liz hiss and roll her eyes, "Royalty, your daddy is sorry for what he did. He feels bad for yelli-''

"I didn't ye-"

She eyes me so I kept my mouth shut.

"He really feels bad for yelling at you, it wasn't intentional sweetheart."

Wow she's really good at this isn't she?

Royalty look at me with a frown, she earned a nod from me with a smile.

She asks me, "you are not angry anymore?"

I nod again,"I was never angry at you."

"But you were angry?" I nod. "At someone else. But daddy stop being angry, it's not cool."

I purse my lips when I saw the stupid smirk on Liz's face. Royalty pull me into a hug after that. When she was asleep Liz scoots closer and I knew something was up.

"Finally someone has lectured you concerning your anger."

*. *. *.
I had stopped by a flowering shop to get some flowers for Eve, the one she likes, tulip and rose. And now, I'm at her doorstep expecting her to open up.

When she did, her face instantly turn into a scowl, she still held the door open with her head poked out. She didn't even step aside for me to enter.

"Thank God you're here. We need to talk." Those last four words made my heart heavy, too heavy for my chest to cover. Suddenly, my palm got wet and slippery and I'm still surprised the flowers were still on my hold.

What? Those words can make any man mind go blank and pee on his pants.

She ignored the flowers I bought for her which took me by surprise, the last time, she was over the moon and all that.

"Sit." She instructs, I follow her order and placed the flower on the stool, my palm was too sweaty, I locked it dreading and anxious what she was going to say.

"Who's the little girl?" She asks, "the one I saw you with the last time?"

I know who she was asking of and I know where this is going.

"She's my-"

"Your daughter." She cuts me off with annoyance.

One question hit my head, how does she know?

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I was going to." I admitted, truthfully.

She shook her head, "right. You were." I frown at her,"You have a daughter, you never told me, you kept it as a secret. Are you surprised I got this information from another source?"

I wanted to reply but she held her palm up, "No you don't have to answer. Enough is enough."

"Eve, you shouldn't be making a big deal out of it, yeah she's my daughter, that doesn't ruin our relationsh-"

"Oh, you're about to say relationship? What relationship?" She rose her voice.

I wanted to shoot back but I could not, my throat went dry as soon as my brain interpreted what I just heard. My heart clenched hearing her say those words, it's like she doesn't care how I'm going to feel or how I'm feeling.

"It's not your fault Roman. It's my fault I gave us a chance but not everything has a good ending." When she took a deep breath, my heart got ripped apart.

"I don't think we-"

"No." I cut off, stepping towards her but she backed away.

"You heard her." I curl my palm into a fist when I heard that voice."or you should let her say what she's gonna say." Neil came forward standing beside me with both hands in his pocket an evil smirk on his face, if I had the opportunity to just wipe it off, those yellow teeth would be shattered into pieces, he won't even have to pick them one by one.

He was not looking at me, as his mouth moved I felt like dislocating his jaw, giving him his taste of his own medicine but I can't do it in the presence of Eve. She's still mad at me and if I do anything stupid then he wins.

"Don't." I ignore him like he is not even in the room anymore.

"I love you." I blurt out for the first time in geography, I also can't believe I'm saying this but, maybe that can get into her head and give me another chance. I don't get what's bad in having a daughter, it is not like I was never going to tell her.

"Cap." Neil said.

"Bullshit."

Eve shook her head, "No, I need this. I don't know if you do but..." She shut her eyes,"We're done."

And like that, I don't ever think my damaged heart will recover from the pain.

Feel so bad for Rome...😭🤧