Chapter 25

"Loved you yesterday, love you still, always have, always will."

My eyes slightly part as I roll on my bed. Grabbing my pillow below my head, my eyes shut.

A buzz sound reflects in the background. I threw a punch to my pillow and hit the snooze button of my alarm aggressively. I relax on my bed for a few minutes, staring out at the cumulus clouds through my bay window. Of course, I forgot to pull down the curtains yesterday. But it is an amazing view though. I observed I was taking too long on my bed for I have a long day to begin with, I untangle myself from my duvet, put on my thongs and head to my bathroom.

I follow my morning procedures then shuffle to the kitchen to make breakfast before Royalty could wake up. When she did, I dressed her up for school and she ran downstairs, cheerily and I frowned. I know what she is thinking; she thinks Liz was here. I knew when she left yesterday but I didn't call her back due to my anger.

"Have you seen my mommy?" She asks me worriedly. Her emotions were not similar to when she just woke up.

I don't know what to reply to her. Geez I haven't even thought of that yet. I was blinded by my rage.

I served her a portion of spaghetti ignoring her question. I wish I didn't have to ignore her question but I had to. She seems to notice I am not in the mood so she gave up and just dug into her meal.

When I dropped her off at school, she was moody. I wanted to cuddle her seeing her that way. She needed Liz so bad. She is so attached to her.

Today is just the repetition of what used to happen a month back, before Liz came. This time, it is like she never came back. I keep on eyeing the screen of my phone if her name would pop out of nowhere. I was expecting her calls. I know she might not call me because I don't pick but she should at least try now.

I ruffle my hair with my palms, frustrated as shit.

I feel like I shouldn't have done what I did yesterday but one part of me gave me a pat on my back. She shouldn't think we are still in highschool when she can kiss me anytime so she should get that in her head.

I thought about her throughout my hours of work, she was evading my thoughts. I look right, I see regret on her face, and I look left. I still see her face.

Anyways, I managed to sort a few emails before my eyes went to my wall clock.

What the hell!

No no, damn!

I jumped out of my swivel chair almost falling in the process but apparently didn't. It was almost five! And I haven't picked Royalty from school.

Quickly, I packed my things and rushed out ignoring the look my secretary was giving me. I took the stairs, racing through it till I got to the parking lot and got into my car, as I did, I felt a burn on my arm. I flinch and moan in pain. The car is too hot. But that didn't stop me from going to pick my daughter at school, I hope she's alright. My heart was not beating normal as I pulled over to where other cars were parked in front of her school. I rushed out of my car when I didn't see her where I used to. No. I felt sweat prickling through my body, even in my laps. Think Roman. The more minutes I stand helpless here is making me go crazy not seeing my daughter. A crazy idea lit in my head, I insanely sped to my car to leave the school premises. I pray she's where I think she is if not then... No, think positively. I spent almost twenty minutes getting there which looks like, actually, is the worst twenty minutes of my life. I exited my car and ran to the door and hit it with my fist, palms with every strength I have in it, I was getting more restless and violent as seconds passed by. With my fists in the air, I was about to knock down the door when it suddenly pulled open. My body is stilled, but my chest continues to rise up and down. We just continue to stare till she tears her gaze away from me.

"What brings you here Mr." She says in a mocking tone. I wanted to push the door and walk inside and pick my daughter but I couldn't.

"You know... why... I'm here." I reply, still panting. She eyes me from my head to toe. Somehow, I was irritated by that, I just wanted to pick my daughter up. I kicked the door having had enough of her and quickly made my way in.

"Hey!" She yells, holding her elbow with a pout forming on her lips. My gaze focuses on her elbow as she rubs it.

"Where's my daughter?" I scan the room I was in, I have been here but never entered her house, only to drop her. It looks small if not too small, I scrutinize her living room, also searching for Royalty. I wanted to leave for other rooms when I heard her say that.

"Chillax. She's asleep."

I heaved a sigh of relief and spun to her, "She's in here?"

"No, go check her on the roof."

"When were you even planning to pick her from school? Do you know how she was when I saw her? With tears in her eyes and roaming about."

I felt a sting in my chest when I heard what she disclosed. Oh no!

"Is... Is she okay?" I croak out. Liz rolls her eyes but nods and walks away. I follow her steps.

"You can wait in the living room, Roman." Her tone was abrasive as she spun to me.

"I know... I know." I repeat. Itching the back of my neck and giving her a look.

She turns her back to me and continues heading to one of the rooms.

"Liz." I call after her.

"What?" She asks calmly like she had expected this.

I ran up to her and captured her palms in mine. I look at her eyes, trying to ignore the thought of how perfectly it fits. When I looked deeply into her soul, my eyes met hopelessness, sadness, and so on. I know what was behind it so I didn't ask her.

"About last night, I-"

"Roman please no, it's okay. I know how you feel about it and I also regret doing it, so please don't talk about it if that's what you're gonna do. I beg of you, Roman."

"I was not gonna talk about it."

"Yeah you're not, that is so obvious with the look in your eyes." She replies sarcastically.

"Liz, you know we can't drop that matter now." I try convincing her.

"What matter? The fact that you rejected my-"

"I didn't mean to Liz, I was just petrified, I didn't even expect it to happen Liz!"

"If you are here to scream at me Roman then pl-"

"I'm here to prove a point." I admit.

"No thank you, I don't need you to prove any point just leave."

"Yes you need." I debated

"No I don't!"

"What could be the reason for the kiss Liz? Huh, tell me." I hollered. She wanted to say something but didn't, her mouth was opened and her eyes doubled in size. She quickly regained from whatever trance she was in and looked away.

"N-noth- why do you even want to know?" She asks slowly, still not looking at me. I smirk at her. It was at that moment I heard a loud cry from somewhere, her eyes snapped at me before rushing away, normal thing, I followed her.