Chapter 20

Life is full of surprises and one of them is finding the one for you, in the most unexpected manner.

"Where's mummy?"

"She left." Silence rang in my ears after I responded to her question.

"She should not have, she promise to make cookies with me." It is now that I am regretting my actions towards her, it worths it though she should not think she can control me.

Though I should not have made her leave, she came for Royalty and not for me.

"You don't have to cry, she went to get some."

"Okay." She manages to croak out, I cuddle her after that so she wouldn't feel lonely.

Liz's POV.
It was tough suppressing the tears, so I just gave up, allowing the liquid to gush out from my eyeballs, not caring if I was in public but no one could see me unless they look closely because it's almost 9:30. I left Roman's residence almost nine.

Just the thought of him adds more tears to my face.

He's so heartless and full of himself, he is still the same since back in high school, he is still that proud idiot that doesn't give a shit about anyone.

The main problem was that, I was supposed to be angry at him but no, I am not.

I could not react properly when he told me to leave his place, you see why I said he doesn't care about anyone else.

I understand that he's broken but that doesn't mean he should down his anger on me after all it was not my faulty she cut things off with him.

I couldn't help the smile that crawled to my face, now I'm crying and smiling at the same time.

Insane right?

No offense but Roman doesn't deserve someone like Eve, I've known her for like almost four years. She use to be my mate back in college. You can never see her with a guy for three days, she always switches because she was never satisfied. She doesn't act matured like she supposed to. She doesn't stay contented now she left Roman.

I'm happy for Roman though.

He deserves much better than that.

But he won't understand, he's ignorant and arrogant. Though I like that part of him, weird right? I understand him sometimes and sometimes he annoys the hell out of me.

I'm grateful to God for Royalty in my life, if not for her I won't have any other relationship with him other than the on and off back in highschool. We were not serious back then but now, we're matured and grown-ups.

I'm a little shy about this but it took long for me to discover that I like Roman than any other thing in this planet. Don't get me wrong I love our daughter, Royalty. Roman. No matter how hard I try, I always want to be with him, someone like Eve was stupid, even if Roman is arrogant, there is another side of him that I love. There's arrogant, jerky and annoying Roman yet there is sweet, caring and funny Roman which he barely shows but he does that to Royalty which only made me like him more.

But Roman doesn't know my feelings about him, to him, the feeling is just mutual. It had always hurt me because he looks at me as the mother of his daughter. Like he said few weeks ago, that night I didn't sleep I was crying throughout.

What? It hurts when the person you like likes someone else, I'll admit I was jealous of Eve but not anymore, she had lost that chance with Roman because she was ignorant. I know myself Roman did care alot about her but she just dumped him because he has a child, the hell that even sound stupid!

But I feel bad for him, he had to endure the pain and heartbreak all alone, I wanted to help him, soothe him and cuddle with him during those time but he won't agree especially with me, one of his flings from highschool. He never notice the way I look at him or the way I'm always craving for his touch, the way my insides flips when I feel his touch or hear his voice. I didn't want to fall in love with him but I did especially with someone like him, he doesn't date and it was shocking to know how crazy he was for Eve but let bygones be bygone, he's back to the way he used to be. I know the consequences of falling on love with him or trying to have a relationship with him, he'll just dump me in just a night just like he use to...

Roman.

His name drives me crazy.

Hmmm... So Liz is in love with Roman😐